Finally! Stinger VIP Laser Fibers & Squares....

mrkookm

Advanced User
Reaction score
Since there is no 'Stinger' under the Laser Jammer Category this is being posted here.

After many months of testing then waiting for a redesign of the Laser hardware to bring the performance of the VIP up to speed to effectively protect against ALL the U.S. guns. I finally got mine today!

The components are shown below and as you can see I opted for the Laser Fibers Transmitters to go with the updated Square Receivers. This decision was due to the limited placement options on my car I needed the flexibility and stealth I hoped the fibers had to offer. Wow, does it deliver on that expectation!! Some of you old schoolers might remember my under the headlight LI install back in the day. While it worked well, I definitely did not want to go that route anymore.

I have to admit that while I've seen the fiber on a facetime call, up close and personal is a totally mofo WOW experience!. As I told Cliff already, the pictures, video and even the listed dimensions of this on their website just does not do this component any justice. It is @#$%ing tiny!! And it's perfect!!

This will be installed tomorrow and hopefully I'll have some videos hopefully later in the evening. If not, definitely Monday with some non-eccm and 1 easy ECCM guns, i.e., TruS SX, Tru LR, LRB & Laser Aly Speedlaser. On Tuesday or Wednesday I will receive a DETC.

Can you find the Laser Fiber on the car?? LOL.... epic!!

VIPlaser14_10_zpsumd1znii.jpg

VIPlaser14_9_zpsf40wuitn.jpg

VIPlaser14_7_zpsr3k3xw5z.jpg

VIPlaser14_8_zpstuwtbrpj.jpg

VIPlaser14_1_zpsfith7kwz.jpg

VIPlaser14_4_zpsxxkprv5h.jpg

VIPlaser14_3_zpsfvi8wojo.jpg

VIPlaser14_6_zpsw7xjqsrq.jpg

VIPlaser14_5_zpshpansxmc.jpg

VIPlaser14_2_zps4lhor4wr.jpg

UsernameGoesHere

Banned
Banned User
General User
Reaction score
Good luck with the test, you better be getting damn good results for the price of stinger products.

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Can't find those heads in your pic. Amazing! Can't wait for testing results.

Edwv30

Advanced User
Reaction score
Nice! I can't wait to see the install and testing results!

kdo2milger

BELTRONICS Performance Rules
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
;)

Attachments

• get.jpg
    get.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 503

mrkookm

Advanced User
Reaction score

Good luck with the test, you better be getting damn good results for the price of stinger products.

As long as it's consistent without randomly giving a PT due to raindrops, Moon reflections or any other weird anomalies I'm Golden. Compound that with very good radar performance and excellent filtering.. Money well spent in my eyes.

Nope...not even close!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kdo2milger

BELTRONICS Performance Rules
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
;)

Attachments

• get.jpg
    get.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 487

mrkookm

Advanced User
Reaction score

Ok...you get to try once more. 'Hint' I did not purposely hide it, it's in plain view...just soooo damn tiny!

Last edited:

STS-134

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Wait...so that 2.65-2.88mm diameter thing is the transmitter? That's impressive. And the receivers are less wide than a dime? I'm a bit concerned about that, because the ALP receivers are the width of a quarter, and the height is about half the width, which I think still makes the ALP's receivers about twice the size. Just like cameras with bigger lenses and sensors (full frame) are always more sensitive and do better in low light conditions than cameras with small lenses and sensors (APS-C or point and shoot), I don't see how you can make something as sensitive as the ALPs in that form factor. Very interested to see how it does in real world testing.

mrkookm

Advanced User
Reaction score
Wait...so that 2.65-2.88mm diameter thing is the transmitter? That's impressive. And the receivers are less wide than a dime? I'm a bit concerned about that, because the ALP receivers are the width of a quarter, and the height is about half the width, which I think still makes the ALP's receivers about twice the size. Just like cameras with bigger lenses and sensors (full frame) are always more sensitive and do better in low light conditions than cameras with small lenses and sensors (APS-C or point and shoot), I don't see how you can make something as sensitive as the ALPs in that form factor. Very interested to see how it does in real world testing.

I'm not sure many people are aware but the Stinger VIP fibers were tested at the RadarRoy (Raltec did the shooting) shootout in Arizona and it's abilities were proven. It even jammed a 'newer revision' of the least popular, but most talked about Lidar gun manufacturer which tore up the competition--as in IPT at 1400~1600ft. The Stinger on the other hand with it's intelligent algo parked it up to about ~400+ft and never even saw it before. I believe the gun was supposed to be a surprise and surprise it was to all others, except the VIP Not sure where that data went... if it was even posted.

Anyways, similar to how the VIP has evolved on the radar front to what it is now. The same is true for it's lidar abilities.

Last edited:

Dragons

Breathing fire
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Any ideas for a rear installation? The size of Stinger heads is awesome in one way, but since we have the Poliscan virus here rear is now a huge concern to, on most cars I just can't see how you will be able to install Stinger heads without making major mods to the car.
I guess the fibre tech gives some hope for a mostly stealth rear install.

draculabus

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I got my first upgrade package yesterday. I've got the car apart and the old gear out (doing the Porsche first). Hopefully I can get everything back together tomorrow. I'll update my build thread with new pictures once it's done. I went with the fiber transmitters for the back of the car. After pulling them out of the box I wished I'd been able to get three more for the front (out of stock). They really are badass. The fact that the redesigned box now eliminates one box and allows four rx and four tx is also a huge improvement.

Looking forward to testing the new set up. I'm pretty confident that this was worth the wait and greif.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

KASHER1979

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
They just need to get this thing down where normal guys like me can afford it.

mrkookm

Advanced User
Reaction score

They just need to get this thing down where normal guys like me can afford it.

I have to agree that initially when I heard of the $3895 price I found it a little difficult to wrap my head around the cost, but after lengthy discussions with Cliff and Tom at Stinger about the pricing It was clear the cost is what it is. I strongly believe if it was possible Cliff would make the pricing lower, but from what I gather it isn't and no fault of his own. Any of you can easily try to reach out to Stinger Holland and voice your opinion on this-- I did. The tech as you are aware is like no other and that obviously comes at a premium, but I'm not going to try to help you with your soul searching on this. It's either for you or not.

When I did my soul searching and calculated how much I spent in this hobby from money to my time over the years I realized that $3895 for front laser & radar wasn't so far fetched. I've owned 4 or 5 iterations of the V1, Stir +, StirO, LI quad and LI quad hybrid, and while I didn't spend it all at once, the fact of the matter is I did. So with the Stinger VIP it's wasn't like I really couldn't afford it, it was a matter if I wanted spend the money at once.

Looking at some of the signatures on here one can quickly see some of us have multiple detectors, jammers, smart phones for displays, accessories that makes phones work with detectors, holders for phones ...etc. So when you say normal people I know most of yous can as it's evident in the forum signatures they can, unless they are abnormal? Look at me, I'm totally normal! At least I think so! I'm even so normal I drive a 2009 Hyundai, so it really can't get anymore normal than that!

Again this is not about being normal or rich, it's whether or not you are willing to make the sacrifice to feed your addiction and save on a weekly/bi-weekly basis or use that CC. It's no different from any other hobby. I'm also into Quadcopters and Flying Gliders and spent thousands on that! Some are into stereo systems, fancy cars, modifying cars...you get the point.

Everything is relative my friend.

Last edited:

UsernameGoesHere

Banned
Banned User
General User
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to say you're making a very bad decision if you spend that much on something and can't in any way be classified as rich.

OVERTAKEN

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Suppose it all depends on the dealer, and how much $$$ they want to make per sale!

mrkookm

Advanced User
Reaction score

I'm gonna have to say you're making a very bad decision if you spend that much on something and can't in any way be classified as rich.

lol...rich is relative I guess. I have a descent job, I work hard,get a little more than the average pay and like to play in my own way.

It's no different from guys owning a few lidar guns that cost them a couple Thousand. Then add their radar and laser jammer setup to that that cost. It's all how one sees spending their hard earned cash.

Luckily there are options and one can get whatever floats their boat!

Last edited:

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Re: Finally! Stinger VIP Laser Fibers & Squares....

I have to agree that initially when I heard of the $3895 price I found it a little difficult to wrap my head around the cost, but after lengthy discussions with Cliff and Tom at Stinger about the pricing It was clear the cost is what it is. I strongly believe if it was possible Cliff would make the pricing lower, but from what I gather it isn't and no fault of his own. Any of you can easily try to reach out to Stinger Holland and voice your opinion on this-- I did. The tech as you are aware is like no other and that obviously comes at a premium, but I'm not going to try to help you with your soul searching on this. It's either for you or not.

When I did my soul searching and calculated how much I spent in this hobby from money to my time over the years I realized that $3895 for front laser & radar wasn't so far fetched. I've owned 4 or 5 iterations of the V1, Stir +, StirO, LI quad and LI quad hybrid, and while I didn't spend it all at once, the fact of the matter is I did. So with the Stinger VIP it's wasn't like I really couldn't afford it, it was a matter if I wanted spend the money at once.

Looking at some of the signatures on here one can quickly see some of us have multiple detectors, jammers, smart phones for displays, accessories that makes phones work with detectors, holders for phones ...etc. So when you say normal people I know most of yous can as it's evident in the forum signatures they can, unless they are abnormal? Look at me, I'm totally normal! At least I think so! I'm even so normal I drive a 2009 Hyundai, so it really can't get anymore normal than that!

Again this is not about being normal or rich, it's whether or not you are willing to make the sacrifice to feed your addiction and save on a weekly/bi-weekly basis or use that CC. It's no different from any other hobby. I'm also into Quadcopters and Flying Gliders and spent thousands on that! Some are into stereo systems, fancy cars, modifying cars...you get the point.

Everything is relative my friend.

I'm afraid the price is considerably higher after opting in for the laser add-on and rear radar antenna, and the new ultra-small laser fibres (which are amazing) up the cost even more. Then there's installation/deinstallation when the vehicle is sold. $5500 to $7000 is a more realistic figure, which is fine if you've got it, don't get me wrong.
But after reading this post https://www.rdforum.org/showthread.php?t=44434 it was obvious to me that the increased range of the Stinger was still insufficient to allow anyone to drive without a rabbit. The author of this story was still getting nailed with I/O and actually relied on his scanner to avoid those nasty surprises.
Yes the Stinger is an amazing RD/Laser system (laser still to be proven) with incredible false filtering, but the detection range is, judging from the tests I've read here, often compatible to a Redline - for 8X the price? Once the cost comes down to where us financial mortals can afford it I'll give this wonderful device a serious look, but until then it's a Bugatti Veyron as far as I'm concerned.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McSleepy