Edmonton and surrounding area enforcement

edconline

PSL++
Advanced User
Reaction score
So how comes folks were advising I do front first? #confused
LEO shoot the front end 95/5. Photo LIDAR shoots the back end 100% of the time. There is MUCH more photo enforcement than LEO enforcement - hence @Heywood saying 80/20 R/F - he’s including photo LIDAR.
However, photo is just a fine. Police issued tickets come with actual consequences.
Which is why you need to defend against the “worse” threat before the more common one.

Last edited:

keefrto

Loving Alberta's response to cameras. #not
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
LEO shoot the front end 95/5. Photo LIDAR shoots the back end 100% of the time. There is MUCH more photo enforcement than LEO enforcement - hence @Heywood saying 80/20 R/F - he’s including photo LIDAR.
However, photo is just a fine. Police issued tickets come with actual consequences.
Which is why you need to defend against the “worse” threat before the more common one.
#stilllearning thanks

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Exactly. More photo Lidar that actual manned traps... but I’m also considering where @keefrto lives, and I was assuming he’s getting a 6 head system.

He’s in Sherwood Park... so there’s a ton of Alberta sheriffs that set up on the east leg

The Alberta Sheriffs fo not use photo Lidar and set up both front and back evenly.

Still... I agree with @edconline in the front being actual fines and demerits.... where photo is fine only..... so if I assumed wrong.... and your only getting 3 heads.... then probably the front first.

If you take photo Lidar out of the equation.... then I’d guess 80 front/20 rear

The EPS is primarily shooting the front.

edconline

PSL++
Advanced User
Reaction score
Exactly. More photo Lidar that actual manned traps... but I’m also considering where @keefrto lives, and I was assuming he’s getting a 6 head system.

He’s in Sherwood Park... so there’s a ton of Alberta sheriffs that set up on the east leg

The Alberta Sheriffs fo not use photo Lidar and set up both front and back evenly.

Still... I agree with @edconline in the front being actual fines and demerits.... where photo is fine only..... so if I assumed wrong.... and your only getting 3 heads.... then probably the front first.

Oooooof. If he’s in Sherwood park, and drives east henday every day, the FIRST CM he should buy is a different house - that’s not in Sherwood park! 😂😂
(Seriously though, I avoid SP and henday east like the plague, for that very reason, sheriff’s and RCMP that may as well be unemployed, as the ONLY policing they do is speed traps day and night.)
@Heywood, he is starting with only a triple system, to limit initial costs.

sorry, but not sorry @keefrto

Last edited:

Heywood

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I kind of enjoy the East leg of the Henday.

What’s the point of being heavily invested in CM’s if you don’t get to enjoy them working and justifying why you spent so much?

I’m on the east side too. Right on the edge. 3 k to the Esso parking lot.

A lot of my work takes me to the Ft. Sask and Redwater area. I don’t have a choice.

You should see the sneaky Lidar traps I’ve seen. It’s a long list....

My favorite is on a sunny day... a Leo crouched under the north Henday bridge that spans over the Manning freeway coming into the city from Ft. Sask.

Tucked up in the crook of the over pass where the concrete embankment meets the bridge deck in the dark shadows.

A Dragon. A radio... and his buddies waving you in at 167th ave if your not careful.

It’s a game. I enjoy it.

keefrto

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score

Morning, yes right now I can only go for front and will save the sheckles to get the rear hopefully not to far into the future. Selling a child is not an option right now, lol. I appreciate the supprt

keefrto

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just wanted to say a huge thanks to folks who helped me get the deal I have for my ALP. I have lots to learn and thankfully this forum has vast experience in its users and I appreciate it. Off down to Ellerslie using the Henday again with my trusty Pro-m.
Post automatically merged:

Oooooof. If he’s in Sherwood park, and drives east henday every day, the FIRST CM he should buy is a different house - that’s not in Sherwood park! 😂😂
(Seriously though, I avoid SP and henday east like the plague, for that very reason, sheriff’s and RCMP that may as well be unemployed, as the ONLY policing they do is speed traps day and night.)
@Heywood, he is starting with only a triple system, to limit initial costs.

sorry, but not sorry @keefrto
Cheers for the morning laugh, set my day up mate! Hopefully my trip later won't be busy with the boys in blue

keefrto

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
so when i am driving into a car park are the parking sensors on because they switch from jammer to parking or do I have to do that manually? how does it work?

so when i am driving into a car park are the parking sensors on because they switch from jammer to parking or do I have to do that manually? how does it work?
never mind, i just found @Vortex video on how to set things up and am watching now :)

Last edited:

keefrto

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
so box opened, device and three heads, GPS, HiFi, cables, and button thingy to turn off and on all correct and present. i must admit I was underwhelmed a little given its cost, maybe big things come in small packages??? Anyway, the install date 16th February cannot come quickly enough. Need a gun guy/girl to help check its all good eh @Heywood @BaileyAB and anyone else especially for the DRGN eye. #bringiton

Heywood

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hope you got the black box with it lol It'll have a serial number on it. HW4.

I think you have to wait on @BaileyAB to get his gun back. If he can do it.. Great. If he hasn't got the time, I'm willing to go meet him, get the gun, do your shots and return it... It's up to him. I'm not sure what his schedule is like.

keefrto

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hope you got the black box with it lol It'll have a serial number on it. HW4.

I think you have to wait on @BaileyAB to get his gun back. If he can do it.. Great. If he hasn't got the time, I'm willing to go meet him, get the gun, do your shots and return it... It's up to him. I'm not sure what his schedule is like.
no black box its a grey hdu, HW2

Last edited:

keefrto

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
So it's not like I am excited but any tips on set up for Alberta's roads? I saw Vortex video on the advanced settings but what reeeaaalllly makes it stand out around my hood etc?

BaileyAB

Whats PSL? Autobahn bro, A.U.T.O.B.A.H.N.!!!!!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Capture+_2021-02-05-21-10-20.png
Capture+_2021-02-05-21-10-56.png

Once you become a Pro then change autokill 4sec to Unlimited

keefrto

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
this is for me to download onto a USB correct?

keefrto

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Anyone got a name of a decent usb or a pack of 2 or 5? Amazon is waiting to take my cash

keefrto

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
That's a no then? Lol

SilenceDogoodNinja

SDN
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Anyone got a name of a decent usb or a pack of 2 or 5? Amazon is waiting to take my cash
Even with Hifi, the FW itself, the voice pack and the config file, you are only looking at about 5 mb of data. I have used free USB's I have been given, really nice ones and everything in between and they all work for updating.

keefrto

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Even with Hifi, the FW itself, the voice pack and the config file, you are only looking at about 5 mb of data. I have used free USB's I have been given, really nice ones and everything in between and they all work for updating.
Great, I wasn't certain if anyone had a brand that they would go with for the ALP. If it's good with any type I will go on Amazon and some. @Vortex has three in his video but unless I need three I will get a 2pack unless the three pack ends up being cheaper than the 2! Lol, thanks for replying

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joes761