Edmonton and surrounding area enforcement

keefrto

Loving Alberta's response to cameras. #not
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
I don't get notified of anyone adding a comment despite me subscribing to the push notifications so apologies for taking time to get back to thread

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@keefrto
My parking sensor distance varies greatly depending on the reflectiveness of the surface the sensor can see.
Also it seems to be a narrow beam for parking sensor as a big flat surface works well, irregular surfaces don't alert well.
I could drive right over my motorbike without a beep on level 6, but a reflective sign on a roll up door alerts me 8 feet away.
Same with cars, some you can creep right up too, and others reflect back a full vehicle legnth away.

As others here told me, the parking sensor feature is not very good, and is really only an excuse to get jammers out there under the "radar".
Regards,

keefrto

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Well I have set it for 8 and its like 45 cms before I hit the garage door
Post automatically merged:

I did point him in the direction of @Vortex video and write up about placement etc. He said he took a look. Yes, I can take a couple of inside tomorrow, ingenious where he put the led!!
so I measured from the ground up to the middle of the sensor and it's 24" so hope that's fine. Here are the other items placed in the car

Attachments

• PHOTO_20210218_093343.jpg
    PHOTO_20210218_093343.jpg
    637.9 KB · Views: 4
  • PHOTO_20210218_093320.jpg
    PHOTO_20210218_093320.jpg
    701.9 KB · Views: 2

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Perfect. It was hard to tell the hight from the last pictures.

Love where he put the LED.

In the settings, I have a couple off suggestion. More a personal preference.

1. I prefer the constant on rather than flashing LED.
2. Because our days are so short.... and my work schedule of driving to work in the dark.... driving home in the dark, I usually have it on “Dim” for the winter months.

The Auto Dim feature is usually good for spring till fall, but it seems to work on a clock rather than us being at 51° latitude.

Play around with it to see what you like the best.

Also take a picture of your serial number on the unit. You’ll need it whenever you go to ALP’s site to make adjustments, and it’s just easier if you have the picture in your phone for quick reference.

keefrto

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score

2. Because our days are so short.... and my work schedule of driving to work in the dark.... driving home in the dark, I usually have it on “Dim” for the winter months.

The Auto Dim feature is usually good for spring till fall, but it seems to work on a clock rather than us being at 51° latitude.

Also take a picture of your serial number on the unit. You’ll need it whenever you go to ALP’s site to make adjustments, and it’s just easier if you have the picture in your phone for quick reference.
I know I really like the LED spot he chose. Constant on, check. Dim, check. CPU and serial number photographed, check. Tomorrow am off to #realdealmeats, Ellerslie road so it means eastbound Henday. Got no rear protection so will stick to limit (as always) and see if the boyz in blue are aboot.

keefrto

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
The only thing i am not certain about is the placement of the buttons. They are in the open and am not sure how that's viewed generally i.e. not exactly hidden. I will make sure i have a mask over the top of it each time i leave. lol

BaileyAB

Whats PSL? Autobahn bro, A.U.T.O.B.A.H.N.!!!!!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The only thing i am not certain about is the placement of the buttons. They are in the open and am not sure how that's viewed generally i.e. not exactly hidden. I will make sure i have a mask over the top of it each time i leave. lol

Dont want to be rude but take it easy. Its really not a big deal.
I have 6 sensors front and rear, 2 detectors and dash cam on my windshield, rear cam on my rear windshield and ALP control pad next to my start/stop button and never had any issues when pulled over in my 6 years running it. Got pulled over twice, once got a speeding ticket (cop lied). Had hundreds of cops cars around me, behind me, next to me, nothing.
I really dont care anymore when I see a cop next to me. Its a parking sensor, nothing else.

I am free on Sunday. We can meet on Sunday after 11am if you want to get it tested with LZ.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

I really like the 3 different profiles and use them to quick cycle between my heads up bright (dim setting) extra LED in my instrument panel for daytime, then nighttime switch profile saved to the dim dim dim. LOL control button mounted low by my knee, and nothing up in my line of sight at night.
Third profile is all dark.
The online profile lets me adjust brightness to 10 (?) different brightness levels.
They are very bright for our dark northern winters.
Still driving to work in the dark, coming home in the dark, looking forward to 8 hours a day again late next week.
Will have been 28 days straight of 12+ hour days now.
Thought those ALP rears were a sure thing but the wife back home informs me we need a new fridge, it's kaput.

keefrto

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have 6 sensors front and rear, 2 detectors and dash cam on my windshield, rear cam on my rear windshield and ALP control pad next to my start/stop button and never had any issues when pulled over in my 6 years running it. Got pulled over twice, once got a speeding ticket (cop lied). Had hundreds of cops cars around me, behind me, next to me, nothing.
I really dont care anymore when I see a cop next to me. Its a parking sensor, nothing else.

I am free on Sunday. We can meet on Sunday after 11am if you want to get it tested with LZ.
Hi, you're not being rude at all, i wasn't sure how paranoid folks were with the buttons on display or not. :) I am working on Sunday and will let you know later today, cheers

keefrto

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score

Hi, sorry for the delay, if you are still up for tomorrow I can do it. I will pm you as well so we can get the time and venue confirmed.

keefrto

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
so took my trip on the Henday yesterday towards southside and 1 marked car pulled someone, then 500m back an unmarked pulled someone, and then on the overpass a marked vehicle facing cars going away from them (rear hits). of course, I was going the opposite direction so go nothing on my ALP. My Pro-M still picked up Ka band anyways. Still saving up for the rears!

keefrto

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
I am no longer an ALP virgin!!! coming home on 98ave Nw, got hit by a Marksman? there he was 500 metres ahead to the right in a 50km zone> of course I pooped myself as i didn't expect him nor the loud alert, I hit the button and smiled sweetly as I went past. To be honest I didn't think I was doing more than 50km anyway but still, it worked!!!

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Nice. That didn’t take long. You just got the system tested Sunday.

Where about on 98 ave? Just by the walking bridge close to the Mutart conservatory?

Btw..... how did the testing go?

Last edited:

keefrto

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Nice. That didn’t take long. You just got the system tested Sunday.

Where about on 98 ave? Just by the walking bridge close to the Mutart conservatory?

Btw..... how did the testing go?
Exactly by the walking bridge and Muttart. Unfortunately, he had to cancel so no testing as yet. I did ask about another time but he must be busy

not heard of the marksman is that old, current, new?

Last edited:

Arnieduke

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Been noticing increased use of laser traps on the north side of the Henday on the weekends. They are usually pickups parked on overpasses and they shoot down in either direction. Often there are two of them out there, one per overpass. The trucks are actually easy to spot - they have a large yellow reflective sticker over the side that reads something about driving safely.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnanian