RDF Geographical Survey Organization & Enhancement Ideas Thread- Suggestions Welcome!

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The RDFGS is a great repository of information for us. It also contains plenty of data that currently is not date stamped, identified by user who input the data, etc.

In the interest of data integrity I'd like to start a thread where we can make suggestions toward:

• Grooming the data (e.g., confirmation of existing data, replacing old data- is X band really used out there?)
  • Keeping data timely (e.g., date stamp)
  • Enhancements to quality (e.g., links to maps, links to radar gun purchases by city or jurisdiction)
  • Enhancements to type (e.g., known enforcement techniques, enforcement areas, small town vs large town vs highway drug interdiction)

Also it would be helpful to know where we can funnel these suggestions for consideration and implementation within RDF admin?

Last edited:
Reactions: M42

protias

Retired CM enthusiast / Train Horn Advocate
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Re: RDF Geographical Survey Organization & Enhancement Ideas Thread- Suggestions Welc

This would be something that would be nice to see [MENTION=9]xyd[/MENTION] implement.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Re: RDF Geographical Survey Organization & Enhancement Ideas Thread- Suggestions Welc

Agreed. I'd like to see it updated when possible (are we *sure* X band is used in those locations?), perhaps standardizing things so that it looks clean and consistent across the board, etc.

M42

Defensive Back
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score

I keep our state up to date. Each year I download from the Department of Justice the approved device list and look at what is being added and what has been decertified and then update the site accordingly. For example, last year I removed X band since it was decertified from use in the state. I also verify types of radar and Lidar used in counties I travel too when I encounter them as well as placing notes about where enforcement is set up, ie, overpasses. If other members would do the same for their states it would help a lot. I know I check the map whenever I'm traveling out of state.

v1user

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Does anyone have the development abilities necessary to work on this?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Yes, xyd does. Who originally built it out?

v1user

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Besides xyd?

JAM

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

That's really is a good idea for USA citizens... So..may RD admin have to make some kinde of sub threads...for other regions.

Dor

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

I keep our state up to date. Each year I download from the Department of Justice the approved device list and look at what is being added and what has been decertified and then update the site accordingly. For example, last year I removed X band since it was decertified from use in the state. I also verify types of radar and Lidar used in counties I travel too when I encounter them as well as placing notes about where enforcement is set up, ie, overpasses. If other members would do the same for their states it would help a lot. I know I check the map whenever I'm traveling out of state.

Can you provide more information on how you 'download from the DoJ ... the approved device list'? I am in Indiana, which has some information in RDFGS, but none for my area. I would love have more, and to add my own detections from my Redline (but it will be a long time until I am Intermediate). Google searching for any database has been no help. Any advice?

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Is there a way to subscribe to state RDF surveys to know when they are updated?

If not this could be an enhancement.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TGurnie