Stalker ATR KA Band 34.7 Handheld in hand

kdo2milger

BELTRONICS Performance Rules
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just delivered in the mail today and did a few quick self checks.

Also just realized today that if I hold my LG G3 close enough to my RX65 it will cause laser falsing.

I'll verify the speed with a set of tuning forks (25mph & 40mph) coming in the next couple of days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SypjXG3YgkE&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

easyE

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the same radar gun! Its my first one and I think it's a perfect first radar gun. If you get any cobra falses now you can return the favor, enjoy!

kdo2milger

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the same radar gun! Its my first one and I think it's a perfect first radar gun. If you get any cobra falses now you can return the favor, enjoy!
So far it does not disappoint! lol I was actually looking for ppl with RDs., but I contained myself. I want to actually apply for a part 90 license.
Was my first gun too. Only option for an affordable 34.7 gun.
Very true, I was hunting for a while for a bargain starter system and this was the only affordable option for my budget.
There was a Stalker Laser gun on here that just sold recently for a decent price too, I would have liked to have picked it up too but it was bad timing finance wise seeing as how I just got this one.

Last edited:

Th3 Factory Freak

Ka..|||||||||||||| eater
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bought one of these and tried it for a few days, the moving mode didn't work too well. Radar operation was not very stable, returned to seller.

Cool gun though. Standard issue for the CHP.

kdo2milger

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bought one of these and tried it for a few days, the moving mode didn't work too well. Radar operation was not very stable, returned to seller.

Cool gun though. Standard issue for the CHP.
Did the operator manual help in your situation? Iv'e been reviewing it and it looks to have quit a few variable options for stationary/moving targets, i.e, sensitivity patrol options; ex., Sen 4 5, 4 20, 1 20, 1 5, etc.

Last edited:

kdo2milger

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Question for the testers:

I have and tested Stalker KA34.7 tuning forks on my Stalker ATR and both read accurate.

My question is, I just received tuning forks for KA35.5 (30mph and 55mph) and while I am waiting for my cables and remote for my KGE unit I tested them on my Stalker gun and they both read 1 mph faster than they are calibrated for 35.5.

Is that a normal reading on a 34.7 gun considering they are for 35.5?

kpatz

35.5, 35.5, and more 35.5
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Question for the testers:

I have and tested Stalker KA34.7 tuning forks on my Stalker ATR and both read accurate.

My question is, I just received tuning forks for KA35.5 (30mph and 55mph) and while I am waiting for my cables and remote for my KGE unit I tested them on my Stalker gun and they both read 1 mph faster than they are calibrated for 35.5.

Is that a normal reading on a 34.7 gun considering they are for 35.5?
Yes. The higher the gun's frequency, the higher the Doppler frequency for a given speed is. Therefore, you have to use tuning forks that are made for the particular frequency gun you have, to get an accurate test.

kdo2milger

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. The higher the gun's frequency, the higher the Doppler frequency for a given speed is. Therefore, you have to use tuning forks that are made for the particular frequency gun you have, to get an accurate test.
ok thanks, I was thinking along those lines but wanted clarification. So these 35.5 tuning forks should be spot on then.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Like kpatz said, that is normal. If you have forks made for a different frequency, here's how you can calculate what speed they should be displaying.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/sound/radar.html

Scroll to the bottom to the "Beat Frequency and Speed" calculator.

Let's take your 30 mph fork for 35.5.

For the transmitted frequency, type in 35.5. For the vehicle speed (vtarget) type in 30 for the mi/hr box.

That will give you 3169.64 Hz for the beat frequency which, in this case, is the vibrational frequency the tuning fork should be designed for.

Knowing that, now punch in 34.7 for the frequency and 3169.64 for your beat frequency.

That'll calculate your new vehicle speed as being 30.69 mi/hr, which rounds up to 31.

So if your 30 mph 34.7 fork is reading 31 mph for 35.5, sounds like everything's working just fine. :)

kdo2milger

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like kpatz said, that is normal. If you have forks made for a different frequency, here's how you can calculate what speed they should be displaying.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/sound/radar.html

Scroll to the bottom to the "Beat Frequency and Speed" calculator.

Let's take your 30 mph fork for 35.5.

For the transmitted frequency, type in 35.5. For the vehicle speed (vtarget) type in 30 for the mi/hr box.

That will give you 3169.64 Hz for the beat frequency which, in this case, is the vibrational frequency the tuning fork should be designed for.

Knowing that, now punch in 34.7 for the frequency and 3169.64 for your beat frequency.

That'll calculate your new vehicle speed as being 30.69 mi/hr, which rounds up to 31.

So if your 30 mph 34.7 fork is reading 31 mph for 35.5, sounds like everything's working just fine. :)
Saving that calculator link in my favorites now, thanks big V!

con40mb

34.7 on I87
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to actually apply for a part 90 license.
good luck bud, many have tried, all but one i believe has succeeded.
they'll deny you because you dont have a good enough reason to have one, youre not worth their time. Don't worry too much about rolling around transmitting. People may think its a gun or call you in for impersonating but ah well.
I believe the most a leo can do is tell you move along. They have to call some type of ferderal officer to enforce the misuse of radio transmission.

kdo2milger

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
good luck bud, many have tried, all but one i believe has succeeded.
they'll deny you because you dont have a good enough reason to have one, youre not worth their time. Don't worry too much about rolling around transmitting. People may think its a gun or call you in for impersonating but ah well.
I believe the most a leo can do is tell you move along. They have to call some type of ferderal officer to enforce the misuse of radio transmission.
Thanks, that's the impression I get so we'll see what happens.

untamedinc

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Did the operator manual help in your situation? Iv'e been reviewing it and it looks to have quit a few variable options for stationary/moving targets, i.e, sensitivity patrol options; ex., Sen 4 5, 4 20, 1 20, 1 5, etc.
Ive been trying to figure out the Sen settings and confused by the thresholds options. Is there an easy way to help explain the differences and what they equate to? Such as, what does 4/5 to compared to 1/20 and such. Thanks!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burgerrun