Florida - K-Band Falses Galore!

Preroll

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'm based in the NYC area and use the STiR+ but I took a trip to Florida and brought my Redline. I received so many K-Band falses it was crazy! I flew into Jacksonville and over a few days drove to Orlando and I received what appeared to be numerous I/O hits on I-95 and I-4 and multiple encounters at every traffic light. The encounters all varied where some would ramp up a bit and others appeared to be full I/O blasts. So I'm wondering if this is normal for this area or my RL is just too sensitive. I guess with the STiR+ I'm used to the lockouts but still and all I don't recall getting so many K-Band falses at one time. It was almost every intersection in Palm Coast and Orlando. Perhaps one of the Florida locals can chime in as I'm wondering if this is the norm or my equipment.

Thanks.

irttiv

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Been a lurker for a while, but since no one responded to this I figured I would pop my posting-cherry.

Anyway, I have a Redline and live in FL. It is very normal, at least in my experience, for your Redline to go bonkers over K-band when you're in cities/towns. I strongly suggest putting TSR on as it has quieted my Redline down. In cities/towns every corner there is something polluting with K-band and without TSR on it drove me insane. At least now it's tolerable but Walgreens/CVS (always come in pairs it seems) are the most common alerts I still encounter. I live in a semi-rural area where K-band is the only thing used by the locals (with the occasional KA from FHP when they decide to come strolling through) and I have had some great saves with it on. I run in Highway mode with TSR on.

Also, it's FL...we have a lot of elderly folk who are retired and drive new blind-spot-monitoring Caddys (and others). That's why you tend to get full blasts on the highway. Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

NVR2FST

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome, "irttiv"!
Where in Florida do encounter K-band?

Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

Last edited:

irttiv

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks!

Citrus county and surrounding counties primarily, but I run into it also from time to time elsewhere, even around big cities like Orlando/Tampa. Exclusively local sheriff/police though. Every FHP encounter has been KA.

Preroll

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Been a lurker for a while, but since no one responded to this I figured I would pop my posting-cherry.

Anyway, I have a Redline and live in FL. It is very normal, at least in my experience, for your Redline to go bonkers over K-band when you're in cities/towns. I strongly suggest putting TSR on as it has quieted my Redline down. In cities/towns every corner there is something polluting with K-band and without TSR on it drove me insane. At least now it's tolerable but Walgreens/CVS (always come in pairs it seems) are the most common alerts I still encounter. I live in a semi-rural area where K-band is the only thing used by the locals (with the occasional KA from FHP when they decide to come strolling through) and I have had some great saves with it on. I run in Highway mode with TSR on.

Also, it's FL...we have a lot of elderly folk who are retired and drive new blind-spot-monitoring Caddys (and others). That's why you tend to get full blasts on the highway. Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum. I did notice KA from FHP but that was it - never in local towns. I am back in NYC now but I do travel down to Florida each year so I will remember to try TSR on when I return because it was to the point of being unbearable.

Thanks again.

kpatz

35.5, 35.5, and more 35.5
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
Turn TSR on. The amount of pollution crap on K band these days is insane.

Chrislorl

Under the radar, and Lidar
Premium Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I had to return my redline and go to a 9500 so I could use GPS to lockout the crap.
Watch I-4, my record is 6 lidar hits in one morning.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BloodGang92