Moto G users with YaV1 Please vote

How does the Moto G perform with YaV1

• Performs perfect!

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Stinks regardless what version of YaV1 I use.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Does Perfect with older versions of YaV1 but not 2.0.2

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I'm not sure yet.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
There are a few folks who have been having issues with the Moto G and the latest version of YaV1..... usually related to lockouts not muting, "savvy emulation works fine", or other anomalies with lockouts not saving etc.

Sometimes the lockouts may not appear to be not saving as a second or third signal "a ghost" is created from the same source being duplicated or triplicated from bounce coming from another direction and/or freq slightly skewed from day to day..... if you think this is the case, you may not have an issue.

The moto G has been out a few months now and is a bargain.. but we're trying to rule out issues with it "Possibly changes since first version or poor Quality control" vs YaV1 not being compatible.

This has gone on long enough without resolution I would like to place this poll to help resolve since Franky doesn't have a moto G to play with and the symptoms can't be reproduced with everyone.

Please vote accordingly if you are a Moto G user that uses YaV1...

PLEASE INCLUDE ANDROID VERSION USED when posting details

Thank you.....

Last edited:

joehemi

Ridin' Nerdy
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
There are also two generations of the Moto G. Mine is Gen 1. I fall into the, "Does Perfect with older versions of YaV1 but not 2.0.2" category. 3.893

Edit: I can send @francky06l my MotoG if he'd like to play around with it.

Rooted BoostMobile Non-activate phone

54oznKB.png

Last edited:

edconline

PSL++
Advanced User
Reaction score
I also have a Gen 1 (never even seen a Gen 2 here in Canada) and it works flawlessly with all versions including the newest. 3.894.

kpatz

35.5, 35.5, and more 35.5
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
You might want to include Android version in the poll as well, since the MotoG originally shipped with Jelly Bean but then was offered an upgrade to Kit Kat.

The carrier might be a factor as well, in case they modified the Android install provided to the phone.

Mine is a Verizon 1st generation with Kit Kat, but I don't run YaV1 since my V1 is very old and I'm running the Redline in my current car instead.

Last edited:

v1fan

smeg
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yeah, it's kinda wacked with the latest but hey no complaints. I'm on JB by the way. I'm just ignoring the update nagging every 5th time it comes within range of my wlan.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for starting this poll. Great idea. FWIW, I've run two first gen MotoG's and it's been fine. Current version is a Boost Mobile prepaid phone, rooted and unactivated, running 4.4.2 and YaV1 2.0.2 and it's been just fine. The other was a prepaid Verizon phone that wasn't rootable (not that that makes a difference) and it was fine too, but I don't remember what version of YaV1 2.0.x I was running on it at the time.

The MotoG is an affordable solution that seems to work well for some (myself included), but hopefully this'll help us pinpoint what the cause of the issue is that some people are seeing and if it's the phone or something else. :)

SparkEE

SparkEE
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I have a prepay moto G that I never activated and I have the lockout issue too. It is the first version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hahns52

Ass Möde
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have a 1st gen G and honestly I've been too lazy to take it out of my truck to update it to the newest version of YaV1 :doh:

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Geez, it seems either it's a setting difference, or inconsistent makes of moto G.

We could start by analyzing joehemis settings against the one that works... Even replicate the settings maybe?

I've also wondered if the lockout database is getting corrupted.. Either from the presets, or importing old lockout databases?

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Okay so since joehemi and I have the same phone and yet he's having issues and I'm not, we met up this evening to compare settings, try running his phone on my V1, and see if we can pin down what's causing the differences. I skimmed through his settings and they looked alright, but he was having some funky lockout issues with 2.0.2. I then emailed him a backup file of my YaV1 settings and when he restored that in his phone, that seems to have done the trick. At least for the few test shots that we did with it. He's going to run it for a while to see if the intermittent issue really is solved or not, and I'll go ahead and post the file up here for you guys so that anyone else who's having the issue can try it as well and see if it fixes the issue.

Here's my YaV1 settings: https://www.sendspace.com/file/qhz1dt

Make sure you're running 2.0.2, download this file to your phone, go into YaV1 and click "Settings" then "Restore" and then load in this file.

(Make sure you backup your settings first.)

These are the settings I use, other than turning Savvy emulation off (and I think boxes too) since we were testing while parked. I also have custom colors for K band (yellow for learning, orange when locked out) and feel free to change this as you wish, but for the sake of testing, try running these YaV1 settings for a while and see if your lockouts work.

If so, the issue is some setting somewhere within YaV1. I hope the issue is something simple and then we can narrow down which option is causing people issues. :)

The V1 settings aren't as critical, but here's what we were testing with:

yav1 v1 settings.jpg

Basically turning muting logic off and TMF off. Feel free to turn TMF on though for realworld use. :)

Try these settings out and let me know if this solves things for you guys. It may or may not and will at least help us ensure that we've even got YaV1 configured identically. I've got my fingers crossed and hope this takes care of things.

Last edited:

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Is it possible for this to happen if old settings from a previous YaV1 version gets imported into a newer version.?

I overwrite when I install but never tried importing.

greeknasty

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
boost moto g with android 4.4 no issues here with latest yav1...updated to 2.0.2 as soon as it came out

Last edited:

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Funny somehow, I am updating the app with the last ESP library release (it has got new code to check about request/command not processed etc ..)
So I am on it, stay tuned and for the beta tester (if they wish), it could be a challenge ...
Sorry for all the problems, personnaly mine works like a charm .. on 2.0.2 but it's not a Moto G though

EuroDriver

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'm not voting on the poll, since I'm not using a Moto G but since I had been having very similar problems, I'll chime in.

I'm currently using a HTC Desire 612 (stock v. 4.4.3 with HTC Sense v. 6.0) on which I was having problems muting, using "Mute to 0" function, problems with lockouts and a variety of other minor issues.

Last night I uninstalled YaV1, deleted the "com.frankyl.yav1" file, rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app directly from the google play store (v. 2.0.2). I then loaded Vortex's settings file into my phone storage and restored it. I changed some settings to my liking, added my frequency boxes sounds, etc., and saved it under a new name. I also made a copy of the V1 settings, changed them to my liking and saved them under a new name. Then:
I power cycled the phone,
I did a factory reset on the V1 & power cycled it,
I pushed the V1 settings from the App to the V1, then power cycled both the phone and the V1.
I pushed the custom sweeps to the V1, then power cycled both the phone and the V1.

On my 2 drives since, It has been working as I want it to. So far, I get the initial bogey alert and voice alert from the frequency box settings, then the V1 goes quiet (it even seems to be staying quiet beyond the assigned 30 second time period threshold, which actually I'm quite happy about!)

The only issues I encountered were:
1) When initially accessing the Customs Sweeps settings, when I try to back out of the settings, the app freezes. I have to either wait for the OS to ask me to force stop it, or I have to restart the phone. This happened twice but after pushing the settings to the V1, it resolved.
2) When copying the V1 settings and resaving under a new name, I made a copy of the "K, Ka" settings and renamed them. When I opened the profile to push it to the V1, the name was showing as "A Mode Factory." I simply renamed it again within the Name box and the new name stuck.

I haven't restored my lockouts database. Since things seem to be working well, I'm planning on just having a new database create itself over time. I'm also going to let the app auto learn the lockouts, without doing manual lockouts for the time being. Once my regular static falses are auto-learned, I'll report back as to how things are working with lockouts.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

I thought I'd also mention: So far my encounters since last night have been on K band. I have my muting alerts settings to mute K "in the box" and it's working perfectly.

hiddencam

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Okay so since joehemi and I have the same phone and yet he's having issues and I'm not, we met up this evening to compare settings, try running his phone on my V1, and see if we can pin down what's causing the differences. I skimmed through his settings and they looked alright, but he was having some funky lockout issues with 2.0.2. I then emailed him a backup file of my YaV1 settings and when he restored that in his phone, that seems to have done the trick. At least for the few test shots that we did with it. He's going to run it for a while to see if the intermittent issue really is solved or not, and I'll go ahead and post the file up here for you guys so that anyone else who's having the issue can try it as well and see if it fixes the issue.

Here's my YaV1 settings: https://www.sendspace.com/file/qhz1dt

Make sure you're running 2.0.2, download this file to your phone, go into YaV1 and click "Settings" then "Restore" and then load in this file.

(Make sure you backup your settings first.)

These are the settings I use, other than turning Savvy emulation off (and I think boxes too) since we were testing while parked. I also have custom colors for K band (yellow for learning, orange when locked out) and feel free to change this as you wish, but for the sake of testing, try running these YaV1 settings for a while and see if your lockouts work.

If so, the issue is some setting somewhere within YaV1. I hope the issue is something simple and then we can narrow down which option is causing people issues. :)

The V1 settings aren't as critical, but here's what we were testing with:

View attachment 32832

Basically turning muting logic off and TMF off. Feel free to turn TMF on though for realworld use. :)

Try these settings out and let me know if this solves things for you guys. It may or may not and will at least help us ensure that we've even got YaV1 configured identically. I've got my fingers crossed and hope this takes care of things.
Vortex you rock! Restoring your settings fixed yaV1 on my Nexus 5. Thanks a bunch.

KASHER1979

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
This is wild.... I am going to go out I think on my lunch break and try loading Vortex files and see what happens. lol

EuroDriver

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'm happy to report that after another day of driving, YaV1 is behaving perfectly well. Auto-lockouts are being learned and locked out normally.

@Francky: If you care to take a look at my old files and compare them along with joehemi's, let me know and I can email them to you.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Vortex you rock! Restoring your settings fixed yaV1 on my Nexus 5. Thanks a bunch.

So glad to hear that it's working for you now! It's looking like the issue may be some setting or combination of settings. Who knows which ones though?

Maybe it'd be helpful to have Francky or someone look over people's settings files when they're having issues to see if they can spot the trend.

KASHER1979

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
So glad to hear that it's working for you now! It's looking like the issue may be some setting or combination of settings. Who knows which ones though?

Maybe it'd be helpful to have Francky or someone look over people's settings files when they're having issues to see if they can spot the trend.

I have moto G. Vortex I think I am going to try your settings and see if 2.0.2 will run properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danimajado