"K40 Electronics Releases Two New Portable Radar Detection Systems " K-Band Filters

Chrislorl

Under the radar, and Lidar
Premium Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Just some news that popped up today:

http://www.me-mag.com/product/item/...ases-two-new-portable-radar-detection-systems

K40 listened to their customers and developed the innovative K40 K-Band Filter to automatically silence non-police K-Band frequencies, allowing the driver to concentrate on real police radar threats. This filter rejects alerts from vehicles on the road (including the detector owner’s) that are equipped with radar-based safety features, such as Audi’s Collision Avoidance, BMW’s Blind Spot Detection, and Mercedes-Benz’s Distronic Plus. Annoying false K-Band alerts from the driver’s vehicle and passing vehicles are now a thing of the past with this advanced filter.

PointerCone

M3 Kng
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Re: "K40 Electronics Releases Two New Portable Radar Detection Systems " K-Band Filt

Just some news that popped up today:

http://www.me-mag.com/product/item/...ases-two-new-portable-radar-detection-systems

K40 listened to their customers and developed the innovative K40 K-Band Filter to automatically silence non-police K-Band frequencies, allowing the driver to concentrate on real police radar threats. This filter rejects alerts from vehicles on the road (including the detector owner’s) that are equipped with radar-based safety features, such as Audi’s Collision Avoidance, BMW’s Blind Spot Detection, and Mercedes-Benz’s Distronic Plus. Annoying false K-Band alerts from the driver’s vehicle and passing vehicles are now a thing of the past with this advanced filter.

Yeah, thats what they all say :):) Seriously, until and when its tested, I wont believe it!

Last edited:

rjk

PSL x2
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Re: "K40 Electronics Releases Two New Portable Radar Detection Systems " K-Band Filt

Interesting, the RLS2 has GPS tech just like the new Uniden.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Being able to completely filter out false alerts would be mighty impressive. I'm curious about the performance penalty incurred here.

I'd looked into getting a previous gen windshield mount K40 for testing, the RL100. They're not sold direct. You have to go through a dealer. The dealer I spoke with locally says he does exclusively custom installs and has never sold a windshield mount unit, haha.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Interesting, the RLS2 has GPS tech just like the new Uniden.

Not quite as sophisticated. There's no mention of any sort of GPS lockout capability for the K40 while the Uniden does have that. It's basically manually marking certain locations (does anyone find that useful?), low speed muting, and a notification if you go above a preset speed.

rjk

PSL x2
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Not quite as sophisticated. There's no mention of any sort of GPS lockout capability for the K40 while the Uniden does have that. It's basically manually marking certain locations (does anyone find that useful?), low speed muting, and a notification if you go above a preset speed.

True, I mis-read that. It is indeed just a location marker and speed muting, not lockouts.

Last edited:

Edwv30

Advanced User
Reaction score

It is odd that Uniden's detector is called the LRD950 and K40's is called RD950.

MM32

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

Wow pretty bold they even offer to pay for your speeding tickets if you get one for a full year..MM

PointerCone

M3 Kng
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

I am not even sure that K40 is manufacturing these things? It's always been my belief that they "sub" em out for engineering and build to either another RD manufacturer or overseas. They are after all, an Electronics Retailer (nothing said about manufacturing there??). You local guys would know that they are in Elgin just north of the Jane Addams Tollway in Elgin. They're in an industrial park there and its really nondescript and looks more like a warehouse than a manufacturing plant to me???

[h=2]K40 Electronics[/h]
Electronics Retailer
Is this your business? Verify your listing

600 Tollgate Rd, Ste A,
Elgin, IL 60123
Between Commerce Dr and Church Rd

(847) 888-7200
k40.com
more info

[h=2][/h]

Sparkal

Catching the bug
Intermediate User
Reaction score

It is odd that Uniden's detector is called the LRD950 and K40's is called RD950.

I was thinking the exact same thing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BloodGang92