USA Stinger VIP Menu options

mrkookm

Advanced User
Reaction score
Just a quick overview of the current menu options for the USA Stinger VIP. They will be a new firmware release soon which will bring some additional options. When that time comes I'll post another video showing the new changes.

A few of the features I'm not familiar with so if more info is needed you'll have to research that on your own.

http://youtu.be/vE3Q3LcOVbM

from my iPhone Plus via Tapa

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Nice video! I do love the terminology "Laser shields" of course I'm a treky fan!

As you were navigating I did notice a savvy type function which is great!
it also appears that there is some give and take on sensitivity vs quietness, how much we will not know till later I suppose.

As you were navigating through the screen it reminded me a lot of YaV1 with all the different options, it won't be long that the punch button navigation will seem ancient , thanks for the run through it really helps answer a lot of questions.

It really seems they are trying to be innovative in every way and take the best of everything and put it in one package, good job!

Last edited:

GotWake

Speed Kills
Advanced User
Reaction score
Great video. That's a lot of options.

BrownOut

Mount it High
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Well done thanks for showing challenger to the throne, it was cool to see what defenses are built in that we don't encounter, it's well thought out and with your input should really make for a game changer. Advancement in the field with a new twist is what makes this forum come to life, thanks for a look into the cockpit.

mrkookm

Advanced User
Reaction score
I received the new firmware a few days ago and have been testing it since. I am getting another tomorrow with additional fixes enhancements.

http://youtu.be/klyTLYcvwQo

rjk

PSL x2
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I see an option that looks handy... "In car radar filter" - is that a new option? Any idea how well it works?

Nine_C1

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
One thing is very apparent here, these guys from the Netherlands have been reading these forums and taking notes.;)

Expert firmware...segmented Ka.....adjustable mute levels.....quick trigger scan mode.....adjustable sensitivity.....etc....etc....etc...etc.... All in a modular detector design with a dedicated touch screen display and optional rear radar sensor.

I give them an A+ on homework. This is the detector we have been designing in our heads over the past few years.;)

jdong

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
One thing is very apparent here, these guys from the Netherlands have been reading these forums and taking notes.;)

Expert firmware...segmented Ka.....adjustable mute levels.....quick trigger scan mode.....adjustable sensitivity.....etc....etc....etc...etc.... All in a modular detector design with a dedicated touch screen display and optional rear radar sensor.

I give them an A+ on homework. This is the detector we have been designing in our heads over the past few years.;)

I completely agree. It's basically what we would tell Santa we wanted. Except Santa doesn't send you a bill.

YTCD

DARPA
Beginner User
Reaction score
If I wasn't finishing up other projects and short on money, I'd be picking one up ASAP. With the way I drive, even if this could pick up one I/O encounter that my STI-R / V1 duo could not (which has happened several times) it would be absolutely worth it to me.

More importantly, this takes two detectors, with the absolute best software (YaV1, Lockouts, etc), and puts it into one with superior performance/quality/interference. Takes the STI-R's gps lockout falsing that is flawed and perfects it practically, gives directional alerts superior to the V1, and technology allows for new and upcoming threats.

Laser *Detection* is my only concern with the particular product as I find the V1 very useful for that. Especially considering if it wasn't for the V1 today, I would have thought a cop had a punch through until it was realized that I picked up scatter on the V1 from the vehicle to the right of me. That is still yet to be really tested, but time will tell.

Last edited:

mrkookm

Advanced User
Reaction score
I see an option that looks handy... "In car radar filter" - is that a new option? Any idea how well it works?

The In-Car Radar option was always an option on the VIP from the get go. So those with newer vehicles with built in radar crash avoidance / cruise control would likely have a use for this feature. I can't speak to it much since my car does not have these features.

In actuality they do not read our forums, what your seeing since is a result of changes Cliff requested from the get go and more recently my input. I'm happy as well as they're receptive to feedback.

If I wasn't finishing up other projects and short on money, I'd be picking one up ASAP. With the way I drive, even if this could pick up one I/O encounter that my STI-R / V1 duo could not (which has happened several times) it would be absolutely worth it to me.

More importantly, this takes two detectors, with the absolute best software (YaV1, Lockouts, etc), and puts it into one with superior performance/quality/interference. Takes the STI-R's gps lockout falsing that is flawed and perfects it practically, gives directional alerts superior to the V1, and technology allows for new and upcoming threats.

Laser *Detection* is my only concern with the particular product as I find the V1 very useful for that. Especially considering if it wasn't for the V1 today, I would have thought a cop had a punch through until it was realized that I picked up scatter on the V1 from the vehicle to the right of me. That is still yet to be really tested, but time will tell.

Lidar detection is only possible with the 'jammer' package, not the stand alone radar package.

Last edited:

Nine_C1

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In actuality they do not read our forums, what your seeing since is a result of changes Cliff requested from the get go and more recently my input. I'm happy as well as they're receptive to feedback.

All I can say to that is, you and Cliff are doing a DAMN FINE job of conveying our list of desires.;) Just one more thing.....if you can pass it along......LOWER THE PRICE!:p

Higado de Acero

Whisky is liquid sunshine.
Advanced User
Reaction score
Antofagasta, Chile. The driest desert in the world
All I can say to that is, you and Cliff are doing a DAMN FINE job of conveying our list of desires.;) Just one more thing.....if you can pass it along......LOWER THE PRICE!:p

Yeah. That!

mrkookm

Advanced User
Reaction score

lol! I've been there done that! And then a few more times after that!

Shanetrain

PSL+10
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hopefully the new FW gets implemented into the AUS firmware :)

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score

It does look good. But the price is just too insane.

I'd also like to see a concealed/mini display. People that buy these things often will be for luxury cars and they won't want a clunky "Pro-Clip" thingy on their dash.
The display for programing could be Bluetooth portable or use a smartphone (one way to get cost down as well) and allow for a mini/micro display for running with only critical information displayed.
And for folks that do like "Pro-Clip" thingy's on their dash they probably already have one with Waze type stuff and now they need two. It's too much "dash" real estate for just one task that isn't all that complex when moving. And shouldn't be.

Last edited:

rjk

PSL x2
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Awesome, does the radar detector shut down completely when you remove the display, or does it still alert and/or jam?

mrkookm

Advanced User
Reaction score
Awesome, does the radar detector shut down completely when you remove the display, or does it still alert and/or jam?

Yes, the unit is fully functional with the screen removed with the only thing missing being the visual indications.

Last edited:

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Clunky..what! Dude I love the display! It's perfect IMO and now that I have it I wouldn't want it any other way.

http://youtu.be/-1ziHe2curU

Once you go clunky, you'll never go back ☺

The real estate to see so much with ease is totally addicting.

OVERTAKEN

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Do you have the Stinger laser?

What laser/lidar guns will it jam?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members