USA Stinger VIP...finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkookm

Advanced User
Reaction score
I've been following the various threads, but as we all know there is very little info and answers to our questions, and I had many.

I went this route because mostly because of the all in one package, the technology, the display (hate phone apps taking over my phone), directional radar detection, Spotlist (when I had the Plus I liked their database, but Plus performance sucked ) and me wanting a solution for Lidar, even though honestly my LI's are providing ample protection for the routes I drive. Either way I'm not happy with it's current direction and their current handling of The Dala or whatever there called now is a cluster f&[email protected] After quite a few emails with Stinger I decided to give this a shot.

What the heck we are all nuts in this hobby and I've spent as much as this along the way. What's another $$$$... well so long as the wife doesn't find out. This is what OT is for, off the books cash I call it.

The unit arrived today so know that there will be many videos to follow as I 'hopefully' ween off the awesomeness of my STIR Original. On paper the specs says it should, but even if it's comparable I'll be a super happy camper! Stinger support assured me that the tech driving this is top notch and as long as feedback is provided tweaks and adjustments can be made.

For now I all I will report is the radar performance since I have yet to install the Lidar Rx / Tx equip. That will be this weekend if the weather is nice.

Here are some pics:

a253055626a3f67684c1bfd38eab93e3.jpg
2daf0b516590db10cb40337d78fd168d.jpg

from my iPhone Plus via Tapa

Last edited:

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Score! Glad to see you picked one up!

I'm definitely stoked to see more pics of the install, overall product impressions, comparisons against your O, and some real world test results as well. This is gonna be fun. :parrot:

Last edited:

v1user

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I can't believe someone here bought it. Looking forward to feedback!

PointerCone

M3 Kng
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I can't believe someone here bought it. Looking forward to feedback!

Good for you Kook!!! Hope it works OUT for you and I know you'll give us a honest review?? Is it a brand new unit or a refurb?? I mulled it over, BUT am tired of being THE early-adopter. I wanna see if this thing truly rocks like the down-under guys say it does!! If it does, It'll also replace my Stir-O which will go on another vehicle. I want to see how she does on BOTH radar and lidar!!

Congrats!!

Last edited:

Shanetrain

PSL+10
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The new US Laser Analyzer Box or (LAB) is still running beta firmware, keep that in mind when you test the laser as I dont think it supports the Compacts, XLR, TSSx yet but I know they have acquired guns to make it work though.
Hopefully you will be happy with the radar side mrkookm, is very fast on low powered K and I/O KA.
Its not really a fair fight against the Redline or V1, the tech in the patch is lightyears ahead of any Belscort/Valentine horn based products.

lugnuts

PSL lol
Advanced User
Reaction score
looking forward to your review.

Good for you Kook!!! Hope it works OUT for you and I know you'll give us a honest review?? Is it a brand new unit or a refurb?? I mulled it over, BUT am tired of being THE early-adopter. I wanna see if this thing truly rocks like the down-under guys say it does!! If it does, It'll also replace my Stir-O which will go on another vehicle. I want to see how she does on BOTH radar and lidar!!

Congrats!!
I could use an STiR-O on my car ;)

Last edited:

jdong

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm really curious about the radar performance on this thing as well. I am happy with my current laser solution, but it seems like the patch antenna technology could be potentially a quantum leap in detection performance, but the details are in how well it deals with USA guns and USA sources of interference.

PointerCone

M3 Kng
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The new US Laser Analyzer Box or (LAB) is still running beta firmware, keep that in mind when you test the laser as I dont think it supports the Compacts, XLR, TSSx yet but I know they have acquired guns to make it work though.
Hopefully you will be happy with the radar side mrkookm, is very fast on low powered K and I/O KA.
Its not really a fair fight against the Redline or V1, the tech in the patch is lightyears ahead of any Belscort/Valentine horn based products.

Those are fighting words for the V1 guys :):)

protias

Retired CM enthusiast / Train Horn Advocate
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
mrkookm, will you be coming to our test event next Saturday? :D

Shanetrain

PSL+10
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'm curious how they would do against RDD's.

Tested against a Spectre III, straight on at 1meter is picks it up but that's about it. Have been able to duplicate the same test with a Redline and STIR+ and the Spectre will see them too at that close range

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Those are fighting words for the V1 guys :):)

Horn VS specifically designed antenna with many precisely sized patches (that go horizontal and vertical polarity) and a DSP to Analyze everything to a .0001 freq.

Can't wait till this is tested against a V1 :)

comno6

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Very excited to see the results!! :)

kjoy064

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Interesting is the laser's, they look modified to the Australian / European units.
0b31eaa4-53d9-49ae-a035-534599d1746c_zps220f6a46.jpg
6eaad26c123d5ac35d0a5a1b62a170be_zpsb87bd618.jpg

Filibuster

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Awesome! So glad to see someone in the states scored a unit. Always fun to see new tech. :)

Shanetrain

PSL+10
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Interesting is the laser's, they look modified to the Australian / European units.
View attachment 29147
View attachment 29148

Different version sensor for the US, with RX and TX seperatly so it can jam the VPS/DET guns better.
I have asked to get this same style available in Australia as we are now starting to see those guns around like the Compact

ykobzar2

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase! Looking forward to see how this stacks up to others.

shifter

PSL +20
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I thought we had seen some testing on this system a few months back and it was less than impressive to say the least?

fishing66

Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
I would like to see this thing in the OpenRoad stew test....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McSleepy