Laser Jammer in WA

Mayuri Krab

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm thinking of getting a laser jammer for my car, with the roll out of the new 700m long range detection camera/speed gun this long weekend in WA, I already own a V1 detector which has helped me along the way. Although I think it's getting outdated when faced with these new speed guns.

I did some reading & it looks like the main ones recommended are either ALP or LI, with ALP coming in front because it can jam a new 'dragon' speed gun, but I don't think WA uses those (mainly Trucams I believe) because of this I'm not really sure whether I should splash out to get the ALP or just stick with LI seeing how it is close to $800 cheaper (buying locally).

Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

protias

Retired CM enthusiast / Train Horn Advocate
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
[MENTION=335]Nazar[/MENTION] should know what is there.

Eloi

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
My opinion : get the Alp.

drewdownkali

Rabbit breeder
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm thinking of getting a laser jammer for my car, with the roll out of the new 700m long range detection camera/speed gun this long weekend in WA, I already own a V1 detector which has helped me along the way. Although I think it's getting outdated when faced with these new speed guns.

I did some reading & it looks like the main ones recommended are either ALP or LI, with ALP coming in front because it can jam a new 'dragon' speed gun, but I don't think WA uses those (mainly Trucams I believe) because of this I'm not really sure whether I should splash out to get the ALP or just stick with LI seeing how it is close to $800 cheaper (buying locally).

Where in Washington and what is this new gun you speak of???? The only new thing I have heard of that is new is the plane with a new camera system for catching speeders. Vortex in in Seattle area, I am in Kitsap area and hahns is down south. Vortex has the alp system now and I have blinder. Alp is the only one to jam the dragons and stalker xlr so it would be best for future or if you travel far east. Li working on newer guns but still no cigar. Rumor from a non-credible source that blinder may be working on the newer guns also.

Last edited:

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm guessing he means Western Australia since this is in the Aus/NZ section? It's always kinda confusing what WA means. Washington State? Washington DC? Western Australia?

Last edited:

drewdownkali

Rabbit breeder
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm guessing he means Western Australia since this is in the Aus/NZ section? It's always kinda confusing what WA means. Washington State? Washington DC? Western Australia?

Son of a. Damn this has got me before. Wow what a dork.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

:smithicide:

Last edited:

Shanetrain

PSL+10
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Well both LI's and ALP with both do the job.
That new super camera is just a ultralyte LRB with a SLR camera strapped to it, so even a blinder 905 would jam it.

I would be more concerned about the Poliscan

Best bet is to either ring.
Paul @ Radars.com.au for LI

Or

Tim @ Don't get caught.com.au for ALP

The only thing LI's cannot do is DALA in Australia, and its in Victoria but not yet in the west. But WA gets a lot of the new tech so it a choice between being protected from DALA with the ALP or go with the LI's

Eloi

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Are you facing the poliscan ?

Hi guys

Shanetrain

PSL+10
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Are you facing the poliscan ?

Its WA, they have lots of Poilscan and mobile units

Both Front and Rear targeting.

Minimum 3-4 Front and Rear to jam them effectively

Mayuri Krab

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Yeah, sorry I meant Western Australia.

Well both LI's and ALP with both do the job.
That new super camera is just a ultralyte LRB with a SLR camera strapped to it, so even a blinder 905 would jam it.

I would be more concerned about the Poliscan

Best bet is to either ring.
Paul @ Radars.com.au for LI

Or

Tim @ Don't get caught.com.au for ALP

The only thing LI's cannot do is DALA in Australia, and its in Victoria but not yet in the west. But WA gets a lot of the new tech so it a choice between being protected from DALA with the ALP or go with the LI's

So it looks like these new 'super cameras' aren't all that special then... more media hype then anything? Then again I guess the long range is mainly for catching people on their phones or not wearing a seat belt.

Also looks like Radars.com.au's shop is literally 2 blocks away from my work place, so I might drop in & have a chant with them during lunch break next week.

Hmm... decisions decisions, LI has it for price (could get the full 4 sensor kit for about the same price as a ALP's 2 sensor kit) but ALP has it for being the newer tech on the block...

Its WA, they have lots of Poilscan and mobile units

Both Front and Rear targeting.

Minimum 3-4 Front and Rear to jam them effectively

Oh yes, the infamous poliscan units (usually hidden in either an X-trail or VW van), I encounter them on a monthly basis driving to work (~50km each way), but so far it appears at least in my area they have always being set in a regular pretty straight-forward front facing setup, which even my V1 picks up relatively easily & gives some warning before hand.

The last time I got a minor speeding ticket (last year) was from a rear facing setup.

With regards to the laser jammers do you mean 2 sensors front & 2 sensors back? What's a good place to fit the rear sensors so they are reasonably hidden from plain view?

The car in question is a BMW E90, the front has vents, grills etc etc to hid the sensors from plain view but the rear is pretty flat & I can't really find any hiding places for the sensors.

If a cop was driving behind me it would be pretty easy for him/her to spot it...

Cheers.

protias

Retired CM enthusiast / Train Horn Advocate
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Depends on the color of your car. If it is black, probably won't notice them. Otherwise, you could put them in your tail lights.

Nazar

ήσυχο ολοκληρωτής
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hi guys

sorry for the late reply - shane has given some great advice. and thanks protias for the notification (i thanked ya :)

personally, i would go with the alp - just because it is easier to get updates for the tech/guns (i also much prefer the tech) although the li has had fantastic customer service and track record. although the $800 diff is substantial.

if your interested, i have a li (4 head) that i can get out of the box and find out more info - if you are interested we can come to some sort of price arrangement.
i took it off my old car with a view to put it on the new car, but now it is not needed and just sits in a box.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chouchouftw