Auto lockout, details for next release 2.0.1

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Re: Auto lockout, details for next release

I'm not sure if this is required for all devices, but to ensure gps accuracy a few device settings is recommended also.......
200m is very small compared to conventional lockouts and in order to maintain that consistency so that previous signals are recognized as being within a certain radius "or not" the lockout zone can't be fluctuating all over the place because of device inaccuracies.

YaV1 has become a precision instrument for unparalleled safety while identifying Leo from the scramble and trash of false frequencies out there.

The recommended tweaks to make gps the most accurate "slightly different per device"... go to your android device and go to system settings---> more---> location--->Mode---> you will then see 3 choices... pick "gps only" (uses gps to estimate your location)

There are instructions in YaV1 to only use this setting but if you don't also have it set in the device it can conflict.
This prevents the use of cell towers and nearby wifi connections to report your location as those are not accurate nor reliable when radius is so small.

This may cause your device to take a few more seconds aquiring gps lock when you first fire it up, but as long as you have a decent view of the satellites you will enjoy more accuracy with YaV1.

Franky can add to or modify what I'm trying to explain....

-------------------------
Concerning beta testing....

Its paramount that beta testers give feedback (good or bad) or please don't beta test. The reason that request is made is because beta versions are not final and are expected to still have imperfections and tweaks necessary and if you just want a jump on the latest release you may find yourself disenchanted with the bugs without an immediate fix. Discussing these beta issues openly only confuses those who aren't testers and don't have those options or issues.
I think I will make a Beta Only thread to discuss these??? https://www.rdforum.org/showthread.php?t=38754

It has been discussed as to whether to erase all betatester subscriptions and start over versus leave as is requiring those who really want to test to resubmit a request. We have a large # of beta testers with only a few that report back issues of any type "good or bad" which doesn't help getting a refined product out for public release
Yes, the feedback can be overwhelming if it all comes at once but Franky just makes a list until they can be dealt with.

The more feedback given in beta testing, the less bugs to deal with later which presents a polished app for the public.....
I think many "think" they want to beta test until they find out how much work and frustration it can be and then go back to an earlier version or drop out completely to a different platform.... the latter would be a shame since YaV1 is so great... but food never looks that good when its being prepared as when presented on the plate.

It's an adventure.....:) thx guys....

Last edited:

CobawLT2010

I am a still small voice of calm and reason.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Grrr... mine was working fine all last week then all of a sudden this weekend I started having issues with the lockout database... If I go to the window for clearing out the database or making a backup... I get this now.

So far I've tried clearing cache... all program data... and uninstalling then reinstalling multiple times...

also now when I lockout something it doesn't mute it... :( and yes that option I have selected...

2014-09-21 18.36.33.png

Last edited:

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score

That's is really weird !!!
Did you change something on the device (added / removed sdcard ?), is the storage space full ?

If you go to the "about" menu, it should give you the folder where the app stores the data, can you check if there is something display ?

Just to verify, go to the device Settings / Application manager, locate YaV1 => Force stop and Clear Cache (DO NOT CLEAR DATA), then restart the app ....

CobawLT2010

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

That's is really weird !!!
Did you change something on the device (added / removed sdcard ?), is the storage space full ?

If you go to the "about" menu, it should give you the folder where the app stores the data, can you check if there is something display ?

Just to verify, go to the device Settings / Application manager, locate YaV1 => Force stop and Clear Cache (DO NOT CLEAR DATA), then restart the app ....

Space isn't full... but what is really weird is it started working again after I posted this? I didn't change anything... same SD card. All well so long as it's working again. I have plenty of storage left on my tablet... over 2 Gig and 27 on my SD card...

I just hope it starts muting my lockouts again... :p

2014-09-22 15.26.26.png

yay

Last edited:

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score

CobawLT2010

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Looks like sdcard was not seen ... or the OS was "dead" somehow. There are few app out there that can check the sdCard health, but not sure at all it comes from the sdCard.
One of the app is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sylkat.AParted&hl=en , I never tried though.

I don't think it's the SD card... I just threw it in my laptop and ran a disk check... seems everything is okay with it. I'll keep my eyes open... hopefully it doesn't happen again but if it does I'll try to do some more troubleshooting... I may have rebooted the tablet though and that could have fixed it for all I know... ;)

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Yay! Beta release is out!
Reminder to please discuss beta troubleshooting issues here https://www.rdforum.org/showthread.php?p=508512

Just mentioned this because thread is about the new auto-lockouts in the beta but will remain and be pertinent even after beta is done and public release is out... Thx.

TheCookieKing

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

Why did you lock the range at 200m? I want 400 :(

Either way nice job!

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Why did you lock the range at 200m? I want 400 :(

Either way nice job!

200m allows more accurate and safer lockouts. Based on testing, it was the most reliable with all things considered.

Everytime you change the radius setting it affects how the database is read. If you initially record at 200m, then a month later bump to 300 or 400 the database has to relearn. I believe if dropping down however it's not an issue since the information from a larger radius is already in the DB... But then you have many more radius circles so that's different. I prob didn't explain that accurately but Franky felt smaller is better "to a point"

But if we go too small some device gps isn't that accurate, that's why it's good to ditch gps by wifi and cell towers and use device only.

Also at higher speeds you can zip through a radius quickly.

Franky has considered a variable radius that changes with speed so seconds traveled to enter and exit a radius stays consistent.

I honestly can't remember if any of that is implemented with this version or whether it's just in preparation.

Franky can answer. :)

Last edited:

TheCookieKing

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

But at times the v1 will detect farther than 200m away. And then it will alert until you are within the 200m range won't it?

hiddencam

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

But at times the v1 will detect farther than 200m away. And then it will alert until you are within the 200m range won't it?
You misunderstand what the radius setting does. Never fear; trust the experts to have your six.

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score

Seems 200 meters was the best values during alpha testing, you can give a try and let us know how it goes ?
Thanks
F.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

As HC and Windstring said, the radius does not have anything to do with the detection range. Actually when V1 alerts you, you have no idea about the distance of the signal source (the app neither) BUT the app knows where you CURRENTLY are when the alert hits you.

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Unless I get more revelation, I doubt variable radius will work well.
If we "knew" what our speed would be at every location it location it would be great but we don't.

Sometimes the light will be green and we will sail through an intersection at 50+mph, other times red and have to stop... Rush hour traffic versus not etc... We would end up with multiple size (more than one) radius in some given locations and would be a conflict to match.

But Franky has a way deeper understanding of all this than I, he may figure a way... "happens all the time!"

It's fun to let the imagination run and be creative... Franky has a good one!

It's easy to keep creating, but many ideas will be tried on the NEXT version, for now focus is to nail this one down so the public has a nice stable copy.

Last edited:

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

You'll have multiple 200m radius lockout circles being created, one after another. Thus far it's been found to work well and be safer than a larger radius since we're less likely to be creating lockouts in areas where the signal isn't but a LEO actually could be and so the LEO's signal would actually be using the false alert's lockout and thus incorrectly be locked out.

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Yea, other vendors use massive sized radius "1000+m" which means there is nearly a one mile sized circle where leo could match a lockout false freq that only transmits a small distance!

A dangerous way to make a quiet detector which is considered 'safe enough " by many compared to All the failsafe afforded by YaV1

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danimajado