Unmuting at 6 lights not working?

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
OK so i have gone thru many times and looked to see if i was messing something up...
I have it set to mute until 6 lights and a 30 sec mute... I need to figure out if its me or something that needs to adjusted or what. Today i had a 34.7 FHP almost get me because it muted the KA band as well...
I also assumed that there is NO mute function for the KA and that the 30 second mute is for K band only?
Someone please help LoL:D

kpatz

35.5, 35.5, and more 35.5
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
Are you running the V1 by itself or with V1C/YaV1/Savvy?

A V1 by itself will never mute Ka band. The K band muting features affect only K band.

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
at the time i had YaV1 running but i do not know alot about the system so i have only 33.750-33.850 OTB mute... all others are disabled even for K band

CJR238

RDF founding father
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Its got to be something with YaV1 then, double check your settings.

Grumpy Old Goat

it'a a COP, not an el ee oh
Advanced User
Reaction score
West Coast of the _American Corporate Colony __ X-
How do you know it was 34.7 ?

Basic programming won't mute Ka. Does K-band normally unmute at 30 seconds ?
perhaps this Cheat Sheet is easier to understand

you might consider starting over with a reset

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thats what i figured with KA, And some times with K band it will un mute and bleep and mute again? Its like something somewhere is not set right. I can do a complete start over with both.
1 other thing that i was having trouble with was the V1 app, I shut off and removed YaV1 and tried to connect to V1 app and it will connect and allow me to darken the display and mute it but it will not allow me to right the sweeps to it, Error code 12 or 18 keeps coming up...
I manually went in and changed the setting in the V1 and it still is giving me Crap.
Im going to start fresh and we will see if that fix's the issue

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Ok i reinstalled the V1 app, I will leave that for now to see if the issue continues, if it is working as it is suppose to i will re install Yav1 and go from there.. Im going out to play now so ill let you guys know if that issue is fixed

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Kimberdan, if you narrow it down to being YaV1, pm me and I'll let you try a pre beta release to see if that fixes it.

Last edited:

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Kimberdan, if you narrow it down to being YaV1, pm me and I'll let you try a pre beta release to see if that fixes it.
Ok well for now YaV1 was removed from my phone( tablet)... I went out but i had company so when she is in the car all the radars go to zero volume or off... I will let you know tomorrow if it is still doing the same thing

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
There was an issue resembling that that has been fixed so let me know

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
There was an issue resembling that that has been fixed so let me know
Ok so running just the V1 app... Ka does not mute........K band mutes for the 10 sec set time... I am having car issues and im suppose to leave again for NY, So i will try to get out there with the YaV1 and see if the issue is coming from that or if it was a setting somewhere that i screwed up...

jrollercoasters

PSL +15
Advanced User
Reaction score
Wait if you have otb muting and only 33.750-.850 itb than all other segments will be muted.. I'm not sure if I read your post right

Freebird

Poking the bears.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Wait if you have otb muting and only 33.750-.850 itb than all other segments will be muted.. I'm not sure if I read your post right

+1 I was gonna say the same thing. If you want to only mute 33.8 you got to select ka mute in the box in the muting alerts section, and define only one ka box of 33.7-33.9 in the frequency boxes section.

Also check that you have Mute V1 checked in the Muting Alerts Section.

Last edited:

Hahns52

Ass Möde
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes, you must be careful you've selected the right settings when doing in or out of box muting.

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
OMG ok wait, I had 1 setting for the KA muting otb and that was the 33.8 +/- .50 and i left the others cleared.. so your telling that because that was why it was muting everything else? I figured that it would only mute 33.... Freq, I did not think it was going to mute the whole rest of the band..

Last edited:

Freebird

Poking the bears.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
OMG ok wait, I had 1 setting for the KA muting otb and that was the 33.8 +/- .50 and i left the others cleared.. so your telling that because that was why it was muting everything else? I figured that it would only mute 33.... Freq, I did not think it was going to mute the whole rest of the band..

Yep

only define one ka box 33.7-33.9 and select mute ka in the box. If you select out of the box it mutes all ka outside 33.7-33.9

The way you had it set up only 33.8 alerts would be audible in the ka band

Last edited:

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
:ughh:

Freebird

Poking the bears.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

LOL it happens, check these 2 settings and report back

If you want to only mute 33.8 you got to select ka mute in the box in the muting alerts section, and define only one ka box of 33.7-33.9 in the frequency boxes section.

Also check that you have Mute V1 checked in the Muting Alerts Section.

jrollercoasters

PSL +15
Advanced User
Reaction score
Here's how I have mine set up, but I have for everything out of the box muted to mute cobra falses and to have a certain voice for inside box, works well uploadfromtaptalk1411423638435.jpg

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
OK so a thought, I only want to mute down the 33.8 false alerts, So can i do mute inside the box and make 2 boxs that are from the bottom of 33.XXX to like 33.750 and then have another start at like 33.850 up to 34.000... this way it will mute out the cobra radars and Bs that i get on that FreQ?

Freebird

Poking the bears.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Kimberdan, do you have any 33.8 being used in your area?.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

So can i do mute inside the box and make 2 boxs that are from the bottom of 33.XXX to like 33.750 and then have another start at like 33.850 up to 34.000...

Yes you can

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danimajado