Stupid YaV1 Questions - ask all you were afraid to ask because it seemed too dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
This is "not" a replacement for reading the manual but it's totally understandable the mind can bend and thoughts can swirl when trying to get a grip on some of the concepts within the skirts of YaV1... She's a beast!

I thought we could benefit from having a stupid questions thread here.
This thread is for those who have what they may feel is a stupid or very simple question.

Please read through the forum threads and use the search first and read the manual if possible as virtually everything is there if you don't drown and get overwhelmed.

Lets all work together to give answers where we can without speculating. If you don't know, don't answer.

If you do, let's get these stupid questions out there and answered!

It takes a foundation to build a house, often the base stuff is so confusing it makes reading the threads and even the manual fruitless... Let's try and fix that!

v1fan

smeg
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok, I'll help kick it off. I've been using 2.0 for a few weeks now and I am going to flip big F a some coins in awe of his accomplishment. I've just put 3 days and 1200 miles in NC, TN and VA this weekend....this thing is "mouse-fart" quiet it is.

My new user question: At speed, K band lit up in the middle of nowhere; The V1 was muted (I'm emulating Savy but it is set at 45 and I was doing 80). This did not happen later with a LEO...no muting as expected. Is this the in the box-out of the box settings referenced in your bible?

Thanks!

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
This should not be the boxes unless you have defined some for K band (I suspect you did not).
My gut feeling is that the V1 is muted because of the K muting logic that is set on V1 settings (not the app). Check what are the settings about this (also the K Pop), and maybe the muted K will make sense.
Thanks
F.

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I too often forget I have my K mute set to 3 seconds.... If you want a more aggressive V1 profile that you can bounce to when needed for the open road, I suggest making one without any l muting time at all... But beware you will catch more audio on side falses and you could grow numb to it.

I do often see K band light and then go away without a peep, but it's because the alert didn't last over my 3 second limit.

Thx for kicking the ball and thx for Franky catching it.. ☺

If you think this may be the issue and not sure where the settings are pls speak up.

I'm going to try my best not too get too exhaustive on answers for this thread unless the OP leads there.

v1fan

smeg
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks, I (assumed) that that setting was also set to some standard for 2.0. I'll take care of this...

BrownOut

Mount it High
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Does euro x band on decrease range of detection of other bands?

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I do not think it decreases range, I mean not directly. It takes time to scan X band (even if it's narrow) and nothing is "free" in processing. I guess while scanning X, it does not scan the rest as fast, but that should not be a sensitive impact.

BrownOut

Mount it High
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Does the YaV1 app reset all settings in the V1 or is a manual reset necessary? If prior settings were in place does it erase all and set up everything new when pushed? Do you need to recycle on/off/on V1 to program the new pushed set up?

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
The V1 settings are all pushed at once (it can't be separately), some settings can be change on the fly like the mode (A - L - l / C -c / U - u), but the rest is all pushed in one go.
You do not need to power cycle V1 after a push, one exception though for the K pop change when you are in Euro Mode (Youthan discovered the effect of K pop on euro mode, even if it's not possible in VR app), it seems that if it's changed (especially when turning off) it needs a power cycle after the push to take effect.

BrownOut

Mount it High
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thanks Francky for your great work and all the help You have a gift thanks for sharing it with all of us.

EMINENT

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Does the app allow mock locations?

I'd like to be able to use the head unit GPS in my Appradio 3 with the Arunchained GPS injector app and turn off the phone GPS.

Last edited:

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Yes the app has the Mock Location in the android Manifest, I was using an external Gps BT unit for a while and it worked.

GoDuke

Mr Breeze
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
OK, I have a few stupid ones (I know, it's embarrassing as a mod) -

I've had a few times where I got a K Band alert, YaV1 showed that the signal was locked out yet the V1 continued to alert at the unmuted volume. I checked the settings and V1 muting logic wasn't enabled, so I turned it on and also gave it a 15 second muting period. So the question - Does K band muting logic need to be enabled for the lockouts to work? Also, in the newest version, how do you do bulk lockouts in a location (there are a few places I drive by with 7 falses at once)?

Thanks guys!

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

I've had a few times where I got a K Band alert, YaV1 showed that the signal was locked out yet the V1 continued to alert at the unmuted volume. I checked the settings and V1 muting logic wasn't enabled, so I turned it on and also gave it a 15 second muting period. So the question - Does K band muting logic need to be enabled for the lockouts to work? Also, in the newest version, how do you do bulk lockouts in a location (there are a few places I drive by with 7 falses at once)?

Thanks guys!

In the new version you long press on background "like old bulk lock" and every signal present will present with dialog giving you the opportunity to pick and choose which to lock or unlock at your leisure!.. If you are a data logger it goes farther, you can touch the freq "which stays present regardless if signal is gone", and the data log dialog opens "again a choice on each freq"!

Mute Logic on should have no bearing on lockouts working.
Maybe Franky will verify...

There was an issue where V1 being muted by the app on a Ka shot has been fixed.

But as far as the issue you described I can't say, Ka shouldn't alert if showing locked unless you whitelist it "then it will never lock but have the white background".

I can't remember if anyone had that issue yet.

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Another thought if your GPS dropped out then lock outs would not work

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score

Thanks guys!

I confirm Windstring answer, the lockout do not have anything to do with K Muting logic.
Now for this problem, this can be linked to auto lockout early stage, a new release is in testing that makes (so far) auto lockout much better. Many improvement in the coming release, we just need more testing before to publish it.
Thanks for your patience and sorry about the problem.
F.

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thx Franky, I have a long list of improvements and still can't keep up!
The revamp in how auto-lockouts are processed are a catch all fix in many cases...

Last edited:

BrownOut

Mount it High
Intermediate User
Reaction score
IS it possible to get YaV1 on a garmin device that has Bluetooth?

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
YaV1 runs on Android OS, I do not think Garmin is running any Android devices.. so I think it's not possible (correct me if garmin runs on Android)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danimajado