Logged Alerts Ka Band

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok, so far today after dropping the threshold down to the default of 1 or more signal strength, things are working fine. Let's see how it goes tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Is alert logging enabled?
Have you been connected and exposed to alerts since then?

Do you mean they are not showing up here?

1. Yes.
2. Point blank Ka with solid ramp up.
3. Exactly....If you look at my screen shot the logs stop on 9-11-14 even though I was hit by Ka on 9-16-14.

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
It must be a Samsung thing, I have the same issue with my GS4 but not with my nexus 7

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Many Samsung are having the storage on a part of their main memory (except if you install a micro SD), and this storage called "Media storage" is managed by MTP protocol.
Sometimes you could not see the files, because the MTP cache has not been refreshed by the new files. In such case a "reboot" should show the file.
In the new release I have implemented something to force the file to be refreshed in the Media Storage cache, but for now an app called "Sdrescan" does the job very well, unfortunately it does not support Kit Kat.

CobawLT2010

Land of the quarantined, home of the afraid.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
??? I don't have this issue/any issue with my samsung galaxy tab 4 7inch... and was letting Francky know...

I thought he was on an LG...

Last edited:

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Correct, LG G2.

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Good news!
I deleted my log directory and exposed my GS4 to a new signal and alerts are now being logged and showing up on YaV1 too to view in maps.

Somehow it got corrupted I guess.

But I can see it whether connected or not.

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok, since lowering the minimum signal strength to 1 my logged alerts seems to be working great on Ka band. I might try raising the minimum signal strength again but at least I have a baseline to work from on logged alerts. Thanks for the help, Francky.

Last edited:

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok, since lowering the minimum signal strength to 1 my logged alerts seems to be working great on Ka band. I might try raising the minimum signal strength again but at least I have a baseline to work from on logged alerts. Thanks for the help, Francky.

Best to wait on the signal strength, they have been redone... In fact now they record different in that information while making curves is recorded and the way they handle differences between front and rear antennas is different.

Next version you will be best to start with a new database but if you keep the old it will finally be rewritten in enough time.

No point in using strength with the old version at this point.

The beta is close to release, things are looking good at this point.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbl470