Logged Alerts Ka Band

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
My logged alerts is turned on and K band is showing up fine but I can't get Ka to show up for the life of me. I got blasted today so I know I have plenty of Ka hits. Any thoughts?

I am not running anything custom nor do I have boxes defined. Only thing is I have data logging off until signal is 4 or greater on V1 but I was way past that threshold today.

Also, any reason why sometimes data logs are delayed for hours?

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Data logs shouldn't be delayed. They'll be logged once they arrive.

I'm assuming you checked the box to not only log alerts in general, but also to log Ka alerts, yes?

When you pull up a certain day's logs, sometimes it helps to change from "Standard" to "All hits" near the top left. This'll show you everything.

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Data logs shouldn't be delayed. They'll be logged once they arrive.

I'm assuming you checked the box to not only log alerts in general, but also to log Ka alerts, yes?

When you pull up a certain day's logs, sometimes it helps to change from "Standard" to "All hits" near the top left. This'll show you everything.

Yes both bands are checked but I re-checked them to be certain.

Maybe that will clear it. It's only been happening since I downloaded the recent update. I'll find out tonight when I log my drive home.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I just went out to try and replicate your issue with v2.0.

I gave the V1 a full hit of Ka and it logged the signal just fine with both "Standard" and "All hits" selected.

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Could be any number of factors including my phone hardware although I'm running Android 4.4.2.

Does the app need to be shut down any particular way, like always use the Quit function rather than just disconnecting Bluetooth?

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Could be any number of factors including my phone hardware although I'm running Android 4.4.2.

Does the app need to be shut down any particular way, like always use the Quit function rather than just disconnecting Bluetooth?

Yeah, that version should be just fine.

Regarding shutting down, I think the logs get written at the moment they're received so the way you're shutting down shouldn't have an impact on if they get saved properly. In fact the app can be set up to automatically stop once bluetooth is disconnected for a while, a great way to auto shutdown the app without having to manually touch anything when you turn your car off.

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok well it appears that a simple reset of each band did the trick. Thanks for all the help. Quick question, what does an "*" mean next to the band in data logging?

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok, this issue continues to plague my use of YaV1. Today I was hit with full on Ka, radiation dose level, and my data logs show nothing, like it never happened.

I only activate my device's GPS when connected to YaV1, so it's not on all day. Could it not have a good enough lock on my position and compromise the data logs at times?

The data logs only work sporadically right now.

Edit: The GPS idea makes less sense to me the more I think about it because K band doesn't have any issues being data logged.

Last edited:

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Do you have boxes on Ka ? Ka should log as K, there is no difference on this. What are your settings on the Logging ?
You get an empty file for logged alert or no file at all ?

Sorry I did not read the previous posts, an "*" means that either the first hit or last hit did not have GPS fix when it happen. That happen to me in tunnels for example ..

Last edited:

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
No boxes, here's a screen shot...

Notice the last data log is from five days ago with nothing today despite my Ka encounter.

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Settings....

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Well looks good to me, except that if you get a weak Ka (less than 3 dots) it won't be recorded.
Are you sure your Ka today was >= 3 dots ?
To be sure Log is working, I would turn everything one and remove the signal minimum strength, you should then see all you K / X and Ka.

Last edited:

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well looks good to me, except that if you get a weak Ka (less than 3 dots) it won't be recorded.
Are you sure your Ka today was >= 3 dots ?

You mean other than this cancerous growth on my neck?

Yeah the V1 looked like a Christmas tree.

Seems to work when I go into settings and play around. But after a few days it stops logging again.

Again this is only for Ka. All K encounters have been logged fine when I have the K box checked.

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Well that's really weird though, the logging is the same for all bands. You could at least remove the minimum signal strength.
Are you running out of space on the storage ? otherwise it should write the log.
You can also set the maximum number of days you want to keep the log files, the older files would be deleted automatically.

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'll remove the minimum signal strength. The real test though will be if it shows up at all on days 2,3,4, etc.

The other weird thing has been that my daily logs sometimes won't show up until the next day. Definitely have gigabytes of storage available.

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'll remove the minimum signal strength. The real test though will be if it shows up at all on days 2,3,4, etc.

The other weird thing has been that my daily logs sometimes won't show up until the next day. Definitely have gigabytes of storage available.

When you say "show up", you mean logs viewed in your file explorer?... it has to be refreshed... you can do it manually, or go to a different part of the file directory and then come back in and that will refresh it...

You may be noticing it the next day because that's when you come back into it... but you may notice it immediately if you consciously refresh the explorer window.

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
A picture is worth a thousand words, so if you look at the first screen shot I posted, my daily log files stop at 9-11-14. You would be tempted to think I just didn't encounter any hits but I had some serious Ka light me up today that should have been data logged on 9-16 yet no such log event exists.

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
The files not showing up might be due to the MTP protocol. This happen to many Samsung where the file will show only after a reboot, because the of the cache of the Media Transfert Protocol. I have done something about this in next release, but have a look to this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bero.sdrescan that "rescan" the storage and shows the files (it does not work on KitKat though, but you'll find other solution using google).

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm running an LG G2, on Kit-Kat.

I did discover using my file explorer that a daily log file was created yesterday, however it contains no data. I'm guessing because there is no data it doesn't show up within the YaV1 interface so it's like it's not even there.

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm running an LG G2, on Kit-Kat.

I did discover using my file explorer that a daily log file was created yesterday, however it contains no data. I'm guessing because there is no data it doesn't show up within the YaV1 interface so it's like it's not even there.

Is alert logging enabled?
Have you been connected and exposed to alerts since then?

Do you mean they are not showing up here?

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Extract0r