New Illinois Area Member

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Long time lurker and second time poster. This forum has been a wealth of info and I'd like to start contributing to the Illinois RDF Geographical Survey.

Been using the V1 for many years (I can neither confirm nor deny having one of these) but only recently decided to pick up the V1 Connection and see what this YaV1 App is all about. Glad I did because you guys,shout out to Francky, Vortex, Bright Parrot and many more, have taken this to a whole new level! After using it for a week I can say I have a lot more questions right now and am having to relearn how to use my detector for the first time since the first day I ever mounted one on my windshield years ago.

Anyway, this place is a great source of info and I appreciate how it's been amassed here under one website.

andresg

What is PSL?
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
General User
Reaction score
haha - the vest.. :p

thanks for the introduction, neo! It's great to have you here

have an excellent week!

Benji

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Good evening and welcome to the forum! That vest looks great, imagine wearing that and getting pulled in an illegal RD area "No officer, I have no idea what you are talking about? What's a 'radar detector'?" :rofl:

YaV1 is the bee's knees for sure, love my V1! Got any more CM's? What sort of car do you drive?

Nazar

ήσυχο ολοκληρωτής
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
Been using the V1 for many years (I can neither confirm nor deny having one of these)

ha haha, you will fit right in here :D

glad u decided to post, as you have been able to tell we have an excellent community.

i look forward to hearing more about the vest, like if it's warm/good construction/bends lidar around you :rofl:

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Good evening and welcome to the forum! That vest looks great, imagine wearing that and getting pulled in an illegal RD area "No officer, I have no idea what you are talking about? What's a 'radar detector'?" :rofl:

YaV1 is the bee's knees for sure, love my V1! Got any more CM's? What sort of car do you drive?

Driving an old school E46 330i and have always weighed the cost/benefit ratio of additional CM's very heavily. I did finally get tired of taking the V1 out of my vehicle whenever I drove my wife's car and now have one for the each of us but other than that I'm a cheap bastard!

I've had 2 unfortunate run-ins with laser in the last 15 years and if I had anymore I'd have to start getting serious with these jokers.

andresg

What is PSL?
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
General User
Reaction score
Driving an old school E46 330i and have always weighed the cost/benefit ratio of additional CM's very heavily. I did finally get tired of taking the V1 out of my vehicle whenever I drove my wife's car and now have one for the each of us but other than that I'm a cheap bastard!

I've had 2 unfortunate run-ins with laser in the last 15 years and if I had anymore I'd have to start getting serious with these jokers.

Sweet car! I was the same way "I don't need it, I don't need it" till I got hit with laser and got a ticket. Well-worth my investment, laser is only gonna get more popular.

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Sweet car! I was the same way "I don't need it, I don't need it" till I got hit with laser and got a ticket. Well-worth my investment, laser is only gonna get more popular.

I know, it's a slippery slope. Been almost 10 years since my last encounter and I'm feeling cautiously good about that. But it just takes one nasty one to wipe out a decade of good experience. I'm going to shut up now before I jinx things for the worst.

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
welcome to the forum

BrightParrot

An Avid Hat Wearer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome! There is a wealth of information here, plus all the wonderful members to ask questions of. Don't be shy!

ggarrett

Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome! We don't give out snazzy vests, but you can claim your bragging rights in the "Tales from the Road" forum. Glad to have you on board.

protias

Retired CM enthusiast / Train Horn Advocate
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome southern neighbor. Where in IL are you at? You should keep an eye out on the forum for test events up here.

itwasntme

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum neo! LIDAR isn't a problem till it is. Like what the @*&# just happened to me? I know Illinois is a problem state but' be creative with your install or, at least air brush some Veil on that e46 of yours. The new water based G5 is coming out soon at least it would be something. Good luck and glad to have you here.

matthewmp

Passing on the right
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! There's tons of helpful information here to keep this away: :pullover:

If you need anything/have any questions feel free to message me and I'll be happy to help (if I can).

PointerCone

M3 Kng
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yep, already paid for just waiting on them to be printed.

OT here, but pray tell, how doith we acquirith oneth of these remnants?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandy745