New noPhoto Unveil

alloy00

vMax
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Per NoPhoto's FAQ's at http://www.nophoto.com/pages/education#section11

"I don't see the cameras near my location flashing during the day - will the noPhoto still work?"

The reason that you're not seeing the cameras flash is because they have installed a visible light filter over the flashbulbs. What this does is filter out light in the visible spectrum, only allowing infrared light to pass through and illuminate the plate. Since the noPhoto's sensor works with both infrared and visible light, the noPhoto will still fire and prevent the camera from obtaining an image.

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'll have to post a picture from the city. The color hi-res one just like the one I did of my car.
It's pretty hard to tell if there was or wasn't some sort of flash.

The car was pretty obvious, the truck not so much.

I'll get a copy of it and let you guys take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schissler

Banned
Banned User
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
View attachment 50242

Not seeing any type of flash.

DragonCams equipped vehicles (DCAM as it shows in your pic) UltraLyte and TruSpeed electrical box setups in Alberta don't use a flash and are only operated during the day dude...A number of pages back explains this (as well as in the Canada section) and how NoPhoto wont work against it.
What it does work against are the stationary red light and speed on green cams, Older Axsis Ka Band truck, MRCD trucks and the Low Power Redflex truck in Calgary that use a flash.

Your only defense in AB against the Dragon is a full Triple ALP setup Front AND Rear....Or 1) buy a bicycle hitch and keep a shitty garage sale bike on it that blocks your plate, and 2) once it snows keep snow on the bumper.

Last edited:

Heywood

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Good to know, but as you seen from my car a couple of pages back, ( the orange Challenger), it didn't wash out the plate enough. That was an MRCD truck in Edmonton, with the filter on the lens.

Good to know what other systems are out here. I thought they all used some sort of flash.

schissler

Banned
Banned User
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
Good to know, but as you seen from my car a couple of pages back, ( the orange Challenger), it didn't wash out the plate enough. That was an MRCD truck in Edmonton, with the filter on the lens.

Good to know what other systems are out here. I thought they all used some sort of flash.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say your issue with that setup is being mounted on the bottom.

The hi-res photo shows a lot of light reflection off the upper lip in your bumper around the plate which probably lit up the whole upper part where its visible.
I know you said you have a backup cam up top but Id try it pointed down first to rule that out.

I would move it and if you or a friend own a DSLR Camera with a good external flash I would test it from all angles with that and see if it helps instead of running past the trucks and waiting for a ticket.

Last edited:

Heywood

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I was also waiting to hear from Jon at NoPhoto since he stated they could boost the flash high than it's set at for longevity, but it's been crickets.

I guess I'll have to try a controlled experiment with my truck to see if the placement makes a difference. It's mounted on the top of the plate there.

Heywood

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
f0a6afb55cf8a4870c4e4cf4e8b6ebe7.jpg

Found the culprit. There again today. No external flash that I can see.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

8338a071f282e52fdb1346009e3a6bab.jpg

PAPACUCU

PSL +5
Premium Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Lol. As in no flash from the NoPhoto unit and I wasn't looking or noticed a flash.

Not being snarky or trying to discredit you.
Just hoping to learn! @Heywood
Do you have a way of telling when your NoPhoto fires while you are driving?
That sure would be a handy thing to learn

Last edited:

PAPACUCU

PSL +5
Premium Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Looks like NoPhoto is going to the general public through Audiovox.
http://www.ceoutlook.com/2016/11/22/nophoto-red-light-camera-jammer-now-voxx/

This could explain why some members have experienced no reply or heard crickets from Jon at NoLimits
It is really difficult to make public statements when in the midst of negotiating a contract.
I hope this arrangement can make us all winners;
NoLimits and VOXX on the business side and we on the user side getting a good product at a fair price.

Last edited:

Heywood

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Lol. As in no flash from the NoPhoto unit and I wasn't looking or noticed a flash.

Not being snarky or trying to discredit you.
Just hoping to learn! @Heywood
Do you have a way of telling when your NoPhoto fires while you are driving?
That sure would be a handy thing to learn

I didn't take it that way. I'm learning and trying to make it better as well.

I asked as well about some sort of counter or something with my installer that might be able to notify me when it's gone off. So far I haven't come up with anything.

At least you could make a note and take a look around. It would help when your in an unfamiliar area looking for an street address and not scanning the side roads for traps.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

This could explain why some members have experienced o reply or heard crickets from Jon at NoLimits
It is really not a good idea to make public statements when in the midst of negotiating a contract.
I hope this arrangement can make us all winners;
NoLimits and VOXX on the business side and we on the user side getting a good product at a fair price.

Have to agree.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

I would move it and if you or a friend own a DSLR Camera with a good external flash I would test it from all angles with that and see if it helps instead of running past the trucks and waiting for a ticket.

I've taken quite a few pictures with my camera. It works there. I just do not have all the filters like the photo radar trucks.

Just like the picture of my car. The sun is very visible in that picture. Up by the power wires. That's one heck of a filter.

PAPACUCU

PSL +5
Premium Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score

I asked as well about some sort of counter or something with my installer that might be able to notify me when it's gone off. So far I haven't come up with anything.

At least you could make a note and take a look around. It would help when your in an unfamiliar area looking for an street address and not scanning the side roads for traps.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------
Yes, and I tried running an ammeter in the power circuit to see if I could detect a current surge when the capacitors recharged after a flash.
That did not work

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

JackBurton

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I thought they were merging with Radenso? Clearly the solution is purchasing two units and to mount one on the bottom and one on the top of the plate. :D

Last edited:

PAPACUCU

PSL +5
Premium Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score

Have to agree.

I've taken quite a few pictures with my camera. It works there. I just do not have all the filters like the photo radar trucks.

Just like the picture of my car. The sun is very visible in that picture. Up by the power wires. That's one heck of a filter.

Heywood

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I thought they were merging with Radenso? Clearly the solution is purchasing two units and to mount one on the bottom and one on the top of the plate. :D

Lol. They're $600.00 per unit plus install, but I do have 2 of them?

You might be on to something Jack. Lol.

Last edited:

blackiwi

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yeah, its actually the IR cut filter that negates plate blockers such as OnTrack IR Invisi plates etc or IR LED's above the plate, although they can run UV cut as well.

NoPhoto were trying to set up an AU distributor, but I haven't heard anything since.

Seen evidence that ProDB works against it, and heard from another member here that NoPhoto did work on one occasion, so could certainly arrange something

Winter,

Im running the NoPhoto - are the VPS using the IR Filters? I know Ive been hit numerous times on the rear with hidden off-axis VPS setups, using three rear heads and the NoPhoto and havent had PT yet. Keen to test if somehow possible?

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the fixed cams run IR cut filters all the time.

Mobile cams - maybe not, if they're just going to be there for a few hours.

If you can't see your heads firing on the infringement photo, I think you can be pretty certain an IR cut filter is being used :)

Heywood

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the fixed cams run IR cut filters all the time.

Mobile cams - maybe not, if they're just going to be there for a few hours.

If you can't see your heads firing on the infringement photo, I think you can be pretty certain an IR cut filter is being used :)

If you look at the NoPhoto pictures of my Challenger, that was taken from a truck mounted mobile unit. It has the filters.

blackiwi

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
yep reading this Polis uses two different type of flash, i also think may they have another in the mix as well, WinterBrew may chime in on this, but i keep repeating myself on when will they test No-Limits against the Polis, i believe the reply at the time was in the coming months,No -Limits if ya want to send one over for testing we dont mind as there's shortage of them over here,:D

Ah wells nothing :frown:

Dinky,

Where are you based?

I've been running the No Photo for two years, Top side down, on the rear for two years.

Based in WA, land of the VPS.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BloodGang92