Any V1 off axis videos?

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Unless you have a dash cam it's hard to grab off axis without turning around and wasting time hoping he's still there.

My V1 went off and since I still had a very long straight away in front with no leo visible, I figured I would pull out my phone and hope for a good off axis shot... It paid off!

Video starts about 30 seconds from my first hit.
V1 off axis: http://youtu.be/tDrEFgwYaos

Sent from my GS4 Zombie Communicator

Nine_C1

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Awesome range.:)

Chromatic

Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
Good video :) -- I find myself not being able to pay as much attention to the real alerts now (once I identify them and am safe) since I'm Data collecting like you were haha.. I'll try to get some good Off Axis vids with overlay with my dash cam.. As the V1 is quite good at off Axis.

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes the arrows greatly "greatly ' speeds up your identification time, especially with the readouts too.

I almost had a much better off axis one this morning but I turned around to get the full distance, he was already gone :(

Chromatic

Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes the arrows greatly "greatly ' speeds up your identification time, especially with the readouts too.

I almost had a much better off axis one this morning but I turned around to get the full distance, he was already gone :(

Yup.. 9 times out of 10 when I turn around they are ALWAYS gone.. I mean I can see them pulling someone over.. turn around within 4-5 miles.. and try to hurry back and gone.. It's like they know I'm coming haha..

How much more of a drive do you have .. I assume you are tapping away "safely" on your Nexus 7 on your commute :)

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
It's no big deal now, no different than changing a radio station.

Hahns52

Ass Möde
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

hiddencam

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Awesome....Windstrings making encounter videos!! You deserve to get yourself a G1W-C. Tell the missus that's what you want for your birthday.

Yeah it's real easy to log while driving. Add holding a camera and you need to steer with your knee. :lol:

Chromatic

Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
Awesome....Windstrings making encounter videos!! You deserve to get yourself a G1W-C. Tell the missus that's what you want for your birthday.

Yeah it's real easy to log while driving. Add holding a camera and you need to steer with your knee. :lol:

Yes Sir -- OR, or.. A mobius .. yeah, I'm in love with my two Mobius cams.. and am going to buy a third cause they are so dirt cheap and SO good and reliable.

The real decision anyone really needs to make between G1W-C vs Mobius is whether they need a smaller form factor -- If not, then G1W-C is the definite winner. They both produce insane quality for the money.

hiddencam

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes Sir -- OR, or.. A mobius .. yeah, I'm in love with my two Mobius cams.. and am going to buy a third cause they are so dirt cheap and SO good and reliable.

The real decision anyone really needs to make between G1W-C vs Mobius is whether they need a smaller form factor -- If not, then G1W-C is the definite winner. They both produce insane quality for the money.
They sure do. I'm pretty sure my Sony AS10 is going on Ebay soon... and I'll pick up either a Mobius or a G1WH for the rear windshield view. The G1WH has a 140 degree angle of view, and no chrome on the housing. Only $62.95 at the moment.

Tell me this: Does the Mobius have any issue with heat? I'll be leaving it in direct sunlight, rear windshield, park in the hottest Texas heat with the cam recording all day long and it won't get much airflow from air-conditioning at the front when mobile.

Chromatic

Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
They sure do. I'm pretty sure my Sony AS10 is going on Ebay soon... and I'll pick up either a Mobius or a G1WH for the rear windshield view. The G1WH has a 140 degree angle of view, and no chrome on the housing. Only $62.95 at the moment.

I'm actually considering selling my Canon HF R500 -- But I tend to find use for a hand held with view finder so I think I'll keep it.. (Man I went from my cell phone cam to 3 video cameras in a matter of months lol).

Tell me this: Does the Mobius have any issue with heat? I'll be leaving it in direct sunlight, rear windshield, park in the hottest Texas heat with the cam recording all day long and it won't get much airflow from air-conditioning at the front when mobile.

I think the ONLY reason you should go with a Mobius for your rear is if you'd like a lower profile/smaller design to look more "factory" and be easier to mount/manage.. As the mobius is so small and light you can literally use velcro or any adhesive and it will hold just fine.

As for heat.. The Mobius does get "warm".. but it operates fine.. Look at the image here of one:

v5kGMB-6a3W51nEKcHiiVHLrbEO69Z8h.jpeg

First if you aren't familiar with the size this pic should give a fair idea of size.. but the reason for the Picture is to show you the design for heat. See the two silver Buttons? Well those aren't buttons,.. That's the Heatsink built into it which has been allowed to exit the casing so it gets radiational cooling from even very low / static airflow in the cabin of a car without any air running, etc. So yes, it will get warm to the touch,.. but it does that even in a 68 degree air conditioned room plugged into a USB port on my computer for 5 minutes. That's *normal* operating temp.

I live in Birmingham, Alabama.. So my regular Heat is 90-110 degree's in the day.. with unbearable humidity lol.. And I run two of them in my Car constantly and they have zero issues with the heat down here. So, to answer your question,.. you'll be fine.

Though again, I only see reason, for you, to go with the Mobius over your G1W-C is if you'd like a smaller design with similar quality and good audio. I love the size of these things man.. when you get one it's still going to shock you how small and light it is.. and how the HECK it still produces the quality it does .. lol.

You won't go wrong either way,.. I promise. :D

hiddencam

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Awesome reply. Thanks man!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm actually considering selling my Canon HF R500 -- But I tend to find use for a hand held with view finder so I think I'll keep it.. (Man I went from my cell phone cam to 3 video cameras in a matter of months lol).

I think the ONLY reason you should go with a Mobius for your rear is if you'd like a lower profile/smaller design to look more "factory" and be easier to mount/manage.. As the mobius is so small and light you can literally use velcro or any adhesive and it will hold just fine.

As for heat.. The Mobius does get "warm".. but it operates fine.. Look at the image here of one:

OjY8etPWxR6mCXC5GVz25E4isdGsZPZr.jpeg

First if you aren't familiar with the size this pic should give a fair idea of size.. but the reason for the Picture is to show you the design for heat. See the two silver Buttons? Well those aren't buttons,.. That's the Heatsink built into it which has been allowed to exit the casing so it gets radiational cooling from even very low / static airflow in the cabin of a car without any air running, etc. So yes, it will get warm to the touch,.. but it does that even in a 68 degree air conditioned room plugged into a USB port on my computer for 5 minutes. That's *normal* operating temp.

I live in Birmingham, Alabama.. So my regular Heat is 90-110 degree's in the day.. with unbearable humidity lol.. And I run two of them in my Car constantly and they have zero issues with the heat down here. So, to answer your question,.. you'll be fine.

Though again, I only see reason, for you, to go with the Mobius over your G1W-C is if you'd like a smaller design with similar quality and good audio. I love the size of these things man.. when you get one it's still going to shock you how small and light it is.. and how the HECK it still produces the quality it does .. lol.

You won't go wrong either way,.. I promise. :D
That sucker is small!

mikedotd

Arrow Enthusiast
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
This is a bit of a mixed bag... off-axis, lots of vegetation, and the V1 configured to mute K-band signals that are initially under 3 in strength, alert if over 5, and mute the rear antenna.

I think this was rear facing radar, which doesn't help things. But I've disabled the K-band muting for now and will relay on lockouts in YaV1...

[video=youtube;ozaLn66hP7o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozaLn66hP7o[/video]

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danimajado