Favorite Radar Detector 'Beep'

Higado de Acero

Whisky is liquid sunshine.
Advanced User
Reaction score
Antofagasta, Chile. The driest desert in the world
Why would you give yourself mini panic attacks all day?!

I prefer my 9500ix's Ka brap but I've learned to deal with my STI-R's now.

Hahahha actually it is better because my ear is trained for listening that sound and gets my attention at the moment. ;)

Sent from the driest desert in the world!

km325

PSL +20
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I miss my 9500ix for the sounds it makes. Especially the nice lady that alerts me to the band.

The plus and V1 are fine but certainly not impressive. I actually find the K and KA on the v1 are a little too similar for my liking.

M42

Defensive Back
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
I miss my 9500ix for the sounds it makes. Especially the nice lady that alerts me to the band.

The plus and V1 are fine but certainly not impressive. I actually find the K and KA on the v1 are a little too similar for my liking.

I know what you mean. Lindsey Lohan does the announcements or rather I should say groaning in my 9500IX :eek:

Grumpy Old Goat

it'a a COP, not an el ee oh
Advanced User
Reaction score
West Coast of the _American Corporate Colony __ X-
My fav would be the V-1's Dee-DEET when alerting to another signal; especially when it reveals a COP hiding in the shadow of a routine(known) false.

reggieb

I do what I want
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Beltronics Ka band and X band (I think the X band alert is more attention-getting and should be swapped with the Ka alert, but anyways...)

Yeah, I enabled X-band for the first time on a long road trip on my STI-R Plus and literally jumped out of my seat the first time I heard that alert.

Holy crap. Same thing. I left X-band on with my new Plus. Also jumped, and hit the brake harder than necessary. But not just the first time, probably the first 10 times.

I like the Ka sound on the plus. It's distinctive, but not "Shit your pants there must be something going down" kind of distinctive like X. Why they used that tone for the least important band is beyond me.

Hahns52

Ass Möde
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
My fav would be the V-1's Dee-DEET when alerting to another signal; especially when it reveals a COP hiding in the shadow of a routine(known) false.
I like that too, just not at full volume, it almost hurts my ears, half volume on the lever is good though.

ahl395

PSL?
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
My favorite is probably the Beltronics Ka chirp. It almost reminds me of the tone at the end of a radio/walkie talkie and makes me think of the radios in the LEOs cars, that might be why I like it lol.

But I also like the Redlines Ka brap.

I don't like the V1s harsh tones very much.

[ Sent from my Galaxy S IV via Tapatalk ]

troyman

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I like the whistler KA band tone. To me it sounds like frogger or pacman or something. Beltronics also has a neat KA band tone. Not sure how to describe it but it's pretty cool.

Also the redline KA brap isn't too bad. I like it, I also like the voice too.

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
V1 ka :)

CobawLT2010

I am a still small voice of calm and reason.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I actually miss the RX-65 alert sounds. The V1 is just okay in audible alerts...

jrollercoasters

PSL +15
Advanced User
Reaction score
I like ka on v1 hate k band tho especially when you hit an unfamiliar speed sign, I think I hate tho because I've never got a legit alert from it haha but I still have that just in case protection when auto lockouts come our I might just enable X. .

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

CobawLT2010

I am a still small voice of calm and reason.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I like ka on v1 hate k band tho especially when you hit an unfamiliar speed sign, I think I hate tho because I've never got a legit alert from it haha but I still have that just in case protection when auto lockouts come our I might just enable X. .

I've gotten plenty of OH SHIT moment alerts from K-band... I respect it... INSP and the construction crew are in cahoots with each other. They setup drones along the I65 N/W Indiana corridor to IL and CHI and they've been very active... Luck fully the V1 chimes in with 2 bogeys but sometimes you just can't tell if its the second drone or if it's a real LEO... and the frequencies aren't reliable enough to work with... /end rant

jrollercoasters

PSL +15
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've gotten plenty of OH $#@! moment alerts from K-band... I respect it... INSP and the construction crew are in cahoots with each other. They setup drones along the I65 N/W Indiana corridor to IL and CHI and they've been very active... Luck fully the V1 chimes in with 2 bogeys but sometimes you just can't tell if its the second drone or if it's a real LEO... and the frequencies aren't reliable enough to work with... /end rant

I wish k band was just non existentent haha its just too small of a band

KASHER1979

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
V1 Ka.
...is it wierd
that I get a little excited and perk up when I hear it?

I'm like ooh!:)
Go ask someone other than us if its weird....lol. To us no it isnt... To the rugular people out there that are not .... like us..... probably. :)

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Personally my STIR plus KA sound is my favorite. Maybe its because it usually goes off first.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Hahahha actually it is better because my ear is trained for listening that sound and gets my attention at the moment. ;)

Where did you get thw ringtone? will you send it to me?

Higado de Acero

Whisky is liquid sunshine.
Advanced User
Reaction score
Antofagasta, Chile. The driest desert in the world
Go ask someone other than us if its weird....lol. To us no it isnt... To the rugular people out there that are not .... like us..... probably. :)

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Personally my STIR plus KA sound is my favorite. Maybe its because it usually goes off first.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Where did you get thw ringtone? will you send it to me?

Sure. I just made one beep repeat itself. That way is slow enough and doesn't get annoying. Send me a pm with an email and I'll mail it to you ;)

PointerCone

M3 Kng
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Bel KA

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

On the STiR +

bel Ka on my stir-o, x2

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danimajado