Can tapatalk show member / thread levels?

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I know tapatalk is a pain in butt but I do use it 99 percent of the time.. Is what allows me to participate so much.

But I can't seem to be able to tell what level I'm on when I view any given thread?

Makes it hard for me to know what to share or how to word things.

When viewing on a computer it's easy to see the levels of members as well as know what level the thread is I'm viewing.

In tapatalk I generally spend time in "subscripted" treads or "unread" threads.

In either case it's tough to know.

Is this a tapatalk limitation or do we think there may be way that can show up in tapatalk?

Thx for any suggestions.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yeah... If you pull up the web view in tapatalk (you may have to log in sometimes), you'll be able to see it that way. Same thing with sigs and whatever else.

Nazar

ήσυχο ολοκληρωτής
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
in tapatalk itself i couldn't see any way of viewing the status.

Last edited:

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yea, couldn't find a Web view for forums per se.
If use browser I can but that's very tedious on a mobile.
Maybe it has feature I've never found.

Nazar

ήσυχο ολοκληρωτής
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
i assumed he meant a web browser on the mobile - and yes i agree, it is painful and cumbersome

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Is thete a way we could long press on a person's name and within their profile it would show their level? That would help a little.

Most forums have no levels in particular for threads so it's not built into tapatalk and may never be.

But the information that "is" given to tapatalk maybe could be altered or formatted so can be viewable in tapatalk?

Currently we can see a person's name and that's about it.

Can't even see what thread we are in only the main section.

Nazar

ήσυχο ολοκληρωτής
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
under a person's profile i am sure it could be added (Adv,int,G)

knowing which content a thread belongs to (A,I,P) is a different matter though - i think it is very hard or not possible as i know admin's have had trouble with that previously (so i am sure it has been mentioned before.

this is the helpdesk, and although xyd looks at this section he may not see it, give him a couple of days to respond and if no comment - put it in "bugs and tech help" (he see's everyone of those)

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok Thx.

kpatz

35.5, 35.5, and more 35.5
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
Tapatalk only gives certain common information available in most/all forums, and then it limits that to save room on mobile displays.

The promotion levels for forums/threads is unique to RDF so of course Tapatalk isn't going to know about that. Even if xyd modifies the tapatalk plugin to pass this data the app isn't going to know what to do with it.

Now perhaps that info could be embedded in another field that is presented to Tapatalk for display, for example, adding [P], [G], , [A] etc. to the ends of forum and thread titles by modifying the plugin would enable them to display in TT. The same thing could be done to a field in the user's profile to show their level. Looks like if you view a user's profile in Tapatalk, all the optional profile fields are shown such as location, interests, flag, etc. Perhaps the plugin could be modified to add the user's advancement level to that data. Right now it doesn't even show if the user is a moderator or admin.

under a person's profile i am sure it could be added (Adv,int,G)

knowing which content a thread belongs to (A,I,P) is a different matter though - i think it is very hard or not possible as i know admin's have had trouble with that previously (so i am sure it has been mentioned before.

this is the helpdesk, and although xyd looks at this section he may not see it, give him a couple of days to respond and if no comment - put it in "bugs and tech help" (he see's everyone of those)

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danimajado