Just activate my Live from a Christmas present, Man am I dissapointed.

Chrislorl

Under the radar, and Lidar
Premium Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I use Waze everyday, but with all the talk I finally installed my Live wired on my 9500IX. The App (android) really left me looking for more. No route up on the map, really not much info in my area, and it's a data hog.... One of the first things I noticed was that it was going off for alerts that had been locked out in the past. I am not sure this will stay a part of my CM's. Is it just me or does it have a lot to be desired?
Traffic?
Route up display?
Zoom in closer?

I am sure we could come up with a list.

OpenRoad

Must go faster
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Surf City ---------------> Santa Cruz <-------
I still hang on to my hardwire kit, may install it someday. I don't need it for mapping, I have a Garmin for that. Will wait to see when a software update, if ever, shows up.

KASHER1979

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I use Waze everyday, but with all the talk I finally installed my Live wired on my 9500IX. The App (android) really left me looking for more. No route up on the map, really not much info in my area, and it's a data hog.... One of the first things I noticed was that it was going off for alerts that had been locked out in the past. I am not sure this will stay a part of my CM's. Is it just me or does it have a lot to be desired?
Traffic?
Route up display?
Zoom in closer?

I am sure we could come up with a list.

You will have to get iphone version before lockouts will.work properly.

I bought an old iphone for this purpose and it works great.

F15

No radar/lidar tickets, 25+ years
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Chrislorl

Premium Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You will have to get iphone version before lockouts will.work properly.

I bought an old iphone for this purpose and it works great.

Wow that's a stretch for me. I am pretty Anti-Apple but even beyond that having one more screen up and running and another active data account just doesn't seem worth it.
Funny how the Apple App can be so strong and Android really stink...

m00s3

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Wow that's a stretch for me. I am pretty Anti-Apple but even beyond that having one more screen up and running and another active data account just doesn't seem worth it.

There's thousands of variations of Android OS, versions and hardware. There's only a few iOS. Lockouts work on my nexus 5, but am not surprised with all the bugs. Nature of the Android game

KASHER1979

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

I just set mine up and threw it in the console and forget it.

Chrislorl

Premium Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
do you hear the alerts from the phone or is it coming from the Redline?

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you do wind up going the iOS route and don't want to keep paying for data, you can get a Freedom POP wifi hotspot.

http://www.freedompop.com/

You basically pay for the device up front (I believe they give you a credit back when you return it) and they give you 500 megs of data for free every month. More than that and you pay depending on how much data you use.. but if you're really only using it for your RD phones/displays, you should be just fine.

I use it sometimes to update my Android from the car to get the latest version of YaV1. It's sometimes easier than driving up to a Starbucks or taking the phone home to hop on wifi. You can do the same thing to give yourself rolling wifi in your car.

KASHER1979

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you do wind up going the iOS route and don't want to keep paying for data, you can get a Freedom POP wifi hotspot.

http://www.freedompop.com/

You basically pay for the device up front (I believe they give you a credit back when you return it) and they give you 500 megs of data for free every month. More than that and you pay depending on how much data you use.. but if you're really only using it for your RD phones/displays, you should be just fine.

I use it sometimes to update my Android from the car to get the latest version of YaV1. It's sometimes easier than driving up to a Starbucks or taking the phone home to hop on wifi. You can do the same thing to give yourself rolling wifi in your car.

Alll you have to do is log in once and then you dont need wifi or data to do lockouts.

I dont use data only to do initial log in.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

do you hear the alerts from the phone or is it coming from the Redline?

Both

Chrislorl

Premium Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I see, well my 9500ix does lock outs already. I wouldn't have bought it but the GF got it for me so I figured I would give it a try. I never realized how much data I get from Waze.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TGurnie