Post your YaV1 lockout database for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Anyone have a boatload of lockouts for your area?
I'm up to 1300 for the Dallas Fort Worth and surrounding area.

Give me your ideals about whether it is worth sharing our lock outs with others.

Unless someone has a better idea I can keep them alphabetically categorized here in post #1 if people want to post a link to an upload account like dropbox "pls none that beg for signup or give a timed release at reduced bandwidth." or post to the forum, or can send them to email and I can post it if easier.

They would need to be labeled as to the area they cover and dated "so we can update it later" and bands locked out (K & Ka only) for instance, before sending.

Travelling to Dallas and don't want noise hell of the big city with no lockouts? This could be great if the need s there.

Folks can go to their lockouts page "not general or another page", pick menu and do a lockouts backup.

Then grab that file and post it.

We can give it a trial,
If this idea is not popular at this time we can drop it, but if so, maybe Franky may even add a lockout "merge" function so folks can add a foreign lockout location database to their own once they decide they trust it.

What do you guys think, is it worth the trouble? :)

Alan............. A hump?..... What hump?

Last edited:

Benji

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I guess we could all combine our lockouts into one great big database so we're automatically covered wherever lockouts have been logged but there is some chance we could introduce a lot more errors.

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Since there are other factors involved too, like drift settings, radius size: settings, max angle, and even minimum strength settings people may had rather use them temporarily while they are in a certain locale rather than throw them into their own database , but beauty is everyone has a preference to do what they want!

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Actually, I think drift, min strength, and radius size may not be stored in lockout info but rather controls or affects all lockouts regardless of settings when originally locked out... Not sure about angle.... Maybe someone else knows for sure.

Benji

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The angle or 'bearing' is stored in the log files so I'd imagine it's in the lockout database as well, the rest could just be left as settings like you say.

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
The angle or 'bearing' is stored in the log files so I'd imagine it's in the lockout database as well
Actually the drift, radius and search angle are coming from the settings when searching lockout. The bearing is stored in the lockout, that was the "direction" at the record time and it's used in the search as well if you set the max angle. Indeed the max angle is the angle between the current bearing and the one stored in the lockout.
If you did record the lockout going North, when driving South at same location it will not locked out, if you share this lockout it will depends of the "max angle" defined in the settings.
The extreme case is that someone driving North record 100 lockout, someone loading them making the same trip but in reverse way might have no lockout if he set the max angle to 30 degrees :)

hiddencam

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I don't think it's a good idea to simply share our lockout files because I have noticed an important factor after I received my new V1 the other day. All of my previous lockouts recorded with my old V1 weren't working because my new V1 was reporting different frequencies at those locations. So I found myself having to start from scratch and lock them all out again.

SO...if we are going to share lockouts, it should be by location first, then perhaps Francky could design YaV1 so that it a) imports shared lockouts with conditions b) YaV1 TELLS the user that it's a shared lockout and REQUESTS confirmation from us before the user can lock a location out. The only problem with that is that there may be a real LEO frequency at THAT location. We must be careful!!

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok, sounds like too many logistics... Was just a thought... Maybe at a later date it would be better.

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
because my new V1 was reporting different frequencies at those locations
Big difference ? I am sure you have a narrow drift also (secure) ..

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
My drift is at default, but it would make sense if drift was set tight it's possible to get the same signal at a later time that had drifted beyond our set boundaries.

If so, lockout again should do the trick

Benji

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
HC makes a good point, since all V1's aren't strictly calibrated (I'd guess) and due to component tolerances, you might find each V1 could be off slightly from each other.

hiddencam

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Big difference ? I am sure you have a narrow drift also (secure) ..
Perry sure I had 9 mhz drift set? Terrible I know but don't recall how big a difference lol

Youthan

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I have some part of South Poland in directional database (60 deg) and with step by 100meters. Drift is 9MHz. At this moment I have 6108 lockouts. This is the newest DB, after Francky did directional lockout working. I have also some small personal record it collecting lockouts - 1000 a day :) DB is also recommended from about -10 C to +15 C deg to use.

Youthan

caffeineTX

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
i need to get a v1c already so i can play catch up with all of your new fancy toys

when did yav1 get lockouts?

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Lockouts were in the first version published on G play.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

At this moment I have 6108 lockouts.
That's huge, how is the lag time between V1 and the app display ?

Youthan

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
That's huge, how is the lag time between V1 and the app display ?

Francky I can't say. It's less than a second. I don't feel any difference with DB or not. Now it is so big I feel only that App start longer than before. During normal working I do not see/feel any difference. Maybe to find a lockout in DB it takes a little bit longer, but it is also not a problem to me.

I can send you my DB and you will tell . . .

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Yes starting the app (and stopping) would be longer, because load all lockout in memory, and when you stop it saves the changes (removed lockout or new ones) ..
But glad it does not impact much the processing time once started !!
Thanks

Youthan

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
But glad it does not impact much the processing time once started !!
Thanks

Yes, I remember that we were talking about some possible delay with that number of lockouts, when I had about 2000. It looks like it has no impact on delay between V1 and display. Beside it, I still do not have any problems with delay in lockouts. Sometimes It takes about one second, but I don't know if it is an effect of small diameter or just some delay. I use a V1 sound (and Phone for Ka band only) and it's normal that it takes some part of second after V1 is muted.

So far so good. I'm going for a trip next week that will be new for YaV1 - I count for 7000-8000 lockouts :)

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Really good, I think you will be man testing the maximum lockout that can be handle, try to check when the delay increases to a dangerous period.
Thanks

Windstrings

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
They will need to create a common way to read them...
Currently nothing can be shared from one device to another unless it's the exact same type device.... No forethought there it seems.

I spent 5 years building a database with my 9500ix just to find I was going to have to start over when I placed my order for the Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danimajado