Which Laser gun to buy to run tests?

Chrislorl

Under the radar, and Lidar
Premium Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
So I am thinking about buying a Laser gun to do some testing. There really is no one within a 2 hour drive that offers testing and I am thinking about spending the money, BUT the question is, If I can only buy one, which is going to be the best to buy for this purpose?'

Should I look at what is most commonly used in my area or is there one that is harder to JTK that would be the one I want to work with?

Thanks for the input.

jmich

NFPA 70
Advanced User
Reaction score
Truespeed s. Tight, light, fair priced.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

crm

Ticket Avoidance
Premium Member
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think that you would want the one that is the most common in your area. Having said that, you can get the old lti models cheap (less that $200) but, I would get a stalker for around $600. In Florida I have run into several laser guns and have found that the motocops usually use the truespeed s. Prolaser III is the most common. Your Blinders will work good on any of them as long as it is not the dala and then, it is a maybe. In your area call Leon and see if he has any time to test (if he is still doing it), he is less that 2 hrs away from you.Call 866-622-7219. If that does not work pm me for his personal number.

speeddemon

Warp Speed
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Whatever is used in your area would be best

Chrislorl

Premium Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
OK, Bought a stalker, will be here tomorrow. I know I am impulsive but this will help me get my system correct and then we will see from there.

Bear

PSL +1,097 Knots
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
OK, Bought a stalker, will be here tomorrow. I know I am impulsive but this will help me get my system correct and then we will see from there.

Good gun, I have one. Take a friend and try out your system to make sure the jammers are working, then hook up with some guys at a test meet to get broader exposure to threats you might face to fine tune things.

Chrislorl

Premium Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Well it came today. I love the holidays, no one even blinked an eye at the box. GF thinks it is something for her :).. So I open it and it's in pretty good shape. The charger for the batteries has an issue but I can handle that. So I am itching to try it. Mostly guys here (if not all) so we all know what I mean... NEW TOY!!!!!!! Anyhow I drive to the end of my road. It's a dirt/gravel road, sit in the truck and aim down the road. As cars are coming and going I try it, works great!... It was dark by the time I got back to the house and wanted to test my 905. Here is what I got:

eo4sml.jpg

That was fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: rjk

Chrislorl

Premium Member
Intermediate User
Reaction score
So this morning I powered up the Stalker again, just sitting here playing with it and the LI dual I bought. Going through the settings and it is interesting that this can be used for VASCAR as well. There is a time distance setting and first pull of the trigger starts the clock and second pull stops it and shows the calculated speed..

The gun is actually much heavier then I thought it would be, but it is built solid. I will take good care of it and probably post it up for sale when done outfitting my car.
Thanks again for the advise and help so far from everyone.

Merry Christmas.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TGurnie