Non argumentative question: Are CBs necessary with today's technology?

Deacon

TXCTG
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
You can get the Little Wil as well

pgsurface

PSL+10...ish
Premium Member
Beginner User
Reaction score
The Little Wil and the K30 are both great options. Magnet mounts, small, and easy to install.

The most important thing to getting the best performance out of one of these small antennas is making sure your standing wave ratio is as perfect as you can get it.

Bocephus

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
So what is everyone's thoughts on something like this: On-Glass CB Antenna Kit

I understand its not a long range unit, but discreet is preferred over massive range. I mean come on I already own an R3....

(sorry I had to say it)

Deacon

TXCTG
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Where/how would you mount it? What will you use it for? Reception will probably be OK for those near you on the interstate, but don’t expect to be able to respond unless you’re close enough to read the markings on the big rig trailer you’re communicating with.

pgsurface

PSL+10...ish
Premium Member
Beginner User
Reaction score
Where/how would you mount it? What will you use it for? Reception will probably be OK for those near you on the interstate, but don’t expect to be able to respond unless you’re close enough to read the markings on the big rig trailer you’re communicating with.

They're probably as bad as the old "cell boosters" people got that attached in the same way.

CB communication is 10% radio, 90% antenna. A legal, un-amplified radio can talk for miles without skip if it's hooked up to an antenna that's as close to perfect as can get.

The old base antenna we had in our garage could talk 10-15 miles depending on conditions, and that's when it had a measly Uniden 510 hooked to it. Take the same radio and hook it to a Little Wil, attached to a vehicle, and you might get lucky to get 1-2 miles (at best).

An antenna like that just doesn't seem like it would be up to snuff... it may be, who knows, but see if you can find any reviews on it.

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I had a Lil Will for about a year, until the base cracked. It was ok, but don't expect to talk very far if there is a bunch of static noise on the radio. Do yourself a favor and buy a Wilson 1000 or 5000. They are longer, (60 inches), which gets you out farther and receive weaker signals. They come in magnetic mount, trunk lip mount, roof, (drilled hole), or trucker mount. You won't regret getting one.

auskip07

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
i have a cb in my closet with echo add on and such It will be installed next time i buy a non yuppy vehicle (although trucks are now for yuppies too)

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j0hnStam0s