Software Developer
Reaction score
Hello All,

This the APK
https://www.dropbox.com/s/boe8y7ta7uqr9pe/YaV1-release.apk

Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.franckyl.yav1

What changes:

- Custom sweeps as explain in previous thread (Factory Default are not "Custom" of course, so you will see on display - above green button the word "Custom" disappear after pushing Factory). Of course you can push only in Euro mode, and when V1 is connected.

- User settings, what is different from V1C:
On V1C, the 4 settings a grouped (User, Savvy, Mode and Sweeps), I did separate User+Savvy from sweeps and mode .. It's actually faster to write on V1 ... So:

• The custom sweeps are separated
  • The "mode" is sperated, accessible by button (All bogeys / Logic / Advance Logic when Usa mode and K/Ka Photo - Ka Photo when euro mode and K/Ka custom sweep - Ka Custom sweep when euro mode and custom sweeps.
  • The savvy, even if it's a separate setting for V1, I grouped it with user settings .. I could not test, since I do not have savvy.
- The refresh of the letter on the screen can take a while, it's not obvious to get the information
- In practice you can make a "profile" or user settings in Euro mode for example, then push it to V1. Latter you can change the mode on screen, and push some sweeps or the factory one.
- Both user settings and sweeps work same way, you duplicate a set then you edit and save. You cant' delete the current one neither the Factory default.
- You are not obliged to be connected to V1 to create new "settings" / "Sweep", you can do it at home and push them when you connect to V1. Just one thing to remember is that if you modify the last "active", it will be probably saved again when you start the alert screen, to me, better to duplicate the last known, edit, save.. and then V1 starts, push the modified one and then you can delete (or not) .. Not sure that is clear, but you will figure it out by usage.
- First time alert screen is started it will try to match the current V1 user settings and sweep to the list on the phone, if not phone a new "set" will be created. When V1 is connected, the current setting/sweep appears with a blue background, when V1 is not connected the last "known" active appears in a light green. You can modify a light green, but probably a new set will be created next time V1 is connected and you start the Alert Screen.
- A new option to choose the Theme (Dot or Arrow), Dot is default.
- There is an "About" menu that tells you the version, the number of lockouts; of user settings of custom sweeps on your phone

- For the settings, there is an option (Off by default) to use the phone sound or not, the advantage of using phone sound is the app continue to run in background if you switch to another app and you hear the phone sound in case of alerts. The alert is a service on the app, it means it runs in background when switching back to the app, the screen "bind" to the service. The service stops once you do "back" from the main screen (Big green button).
- If you use it, you can enable a "K muting button", this will only mute the K ON THE PHONE, not on V1
- In Filter view, you can decided what to filter, and also filter the "muted K" .
- In Filter view you can decide to mute the V1, if all alerts are filtered
- There is a new option in "Lockout" that allow you to remove them, means that if you click on a "lockout" alerts, it will be "removed" from the lockout list
- A new options for "Record direction" is also there, this has a meaning ONLY if you decide to search the lockout using a Direction Angle, if you do not want, do not check this ..

I think most of you will figure out, there is still Debug line going in logcat log, I will make a "clean" release after some of you try..
Maybe you will see some "crash", just let me know and best if you can find a pattern for it.
I will keep working on optimizing to avoid overloading CPU .... so new release to come ...

I have a summer break for 2 weeks, starting Saturday .. I will drive a lot and be able to test ..
I will try to connect and answer to questions, but I think community can answer without me :)

Thanks to all, have fun, I hope you will like this one ..

F.

Last edited:

Benji

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Francky, I know you haven't asked anywhere or for anyone to donate you money but if I got a V1 and started using your app I personally would like to donate you some money so let me know if you have some means to do so.

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Do not worry for now ... use it and let me know what's wrong, what can be better etc ....

I will see later, if I deserve some rewards ... :)

F.

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Few notes:

- prior android HONEY COMB versions might have problems, I corrected a bug in settings for these old version (let me know if you have such problem, I can post a corrected version).
- when pushing Factory Default sweep, you will see that you do not have to wait for long opposite to pushing Custom Sweeps. In fact, in such case, we do not push anything just tells V1 to reset to Factory Default. The consequence is that if you duplicate the Factory Default and try to push them, you will hear a strange sound on V1 and an E letter will appear (Error), don't panic just restart the V1. Better not push a duplicate Factory Default without changing at least 1 frequency in the sweeps.

- Let me know if you have GPS problem, I mean like "loosing" it in open air (in tunnel / covered parking it's normal).

Thanks
F.

Meldoon

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
What should be on the screen in Classic View ?
How do I delete a saved lockout, how do I know I've deleted it?

Last edited:

Youthan

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
In Classic View all threats. Only in Filtered View you will not see - Lockout/out of Box/Muted etc.

You can "click" again on frequency and then app should remove this frequency. You can also easy clear all by erasing file from -> /mnt/sdcard/com.franckyl.yav1/gps_lockout.json

That's how I do . . .

NVR2FST

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thank you again, Francky! Must we uninstall the old app first before installing the new one?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
In Classic View all threats. Only in Filtered View you will not see - Lockout/out of Box/Muted etc.

You can "click" again on frequency and then app should remove this frequency. You can also easy clear all by erasing file from -> /mnt/sdcard/com.franckyl.yav1/gps_lockout.json

That's how I do . . .
I like this avatar, looks like the YaV1 arrows, indeed it is Thank Youthan..

If you enabled the "remove lockout" in the settings (lockout), you can click on an alert locked out and that should remove it ...

As anyone tried to push sweep ? settings ?

F.

Youthan

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I like this avatar, looks like the YaV1 arrows

Yes, it is :) It's comming from the same file, like on YaV1, but it is the first version we saw. I'm also thinking about using it for a "Threat View", what would be looks similar to V1C. With frequency display, but with higher priority for Ka band. No matter how strong is X or K band, if Ka band detected is on a display . . .

Y.

Jon225

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Even though I don't have my V1 yet thanks for the work you put into this.

Meldoon

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Using a Samsung Charge 2.3.6 When I select "Filter View" from "Settings" menu, app crashes. Also, I'm not sure that Classic View displays anything, could be that Filter View doesnt display anything. Other than that, I've had no problems.

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Yes was a bug prior to Honey Comb, this happen in filter settings. I corrected it ..

This one should not crash..

View attachment 17021

I am preparing a "tutorial" ... :)

hiddencam

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
francky06l,

Thank you so much for your fantastic app and the enormous contribution! We V1 owners are all extremely fortunate to benefit from your hard work and expertise. I haven’t been using my V1C much lately but have tried your app out for a few days and I’m very very impressed with the stability and functionality. I am using it on a stock Droid Bionic with phone sounds enabled with the V1 volume all the way down. The program is running fine in the background, with hardly noticeable delay to play an audio alert on the phone. I have locked out most of the k-band falses in my area and it makes for an awesome quiet ride.

My questions as I continue to learn the app are:
Is it possible to lock out x-band alerts?
Is it possible to have different phone sounds for x, k, 33.8 Ka, 34.7 Ka, 35.5 Ka?
Is it possible to log every ka frequency with time, direction, frequency, and speed at time of alert?

May the moderators and administrators hasten their consideration of your promotion to higher ranks in return for your mighty contribution.

Mugs up.

Benji

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'd say the latest possible, this is why I always buy actual Google devices such as the Nexus 4/7, so that you are always the first to receive O/S updates instead of having to wait for your manufacturer (and sometimes carrier) to release it.

A day after 4.3 was released my N4 had the update available. I wouldn't buy any device that had less than version 4 if buying new, most of the big name brands will currently be 4.2.1 or 4.2.2 with a possible 4.3 update coming up.

Don't get me wrong, there are other great devices out there, in fact a lot of them better spec'd than the N4/7, it's just that I know if it's an official Google device, I'll get the O/S update. Apple has this one down perfectly.

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
francky06l,

My questions as I continue to learn the app are:
Is it possible to lock out x-band alerts?
Is it possible to have different phone sounds for x, k, 33.8 Ka, 34.7 Ka, 35.5 Ka?
Is it possible to log every ka frequency with time, direction, frequency, and speed at time of alert?

Actually it would be possible to lockout all bands except laser.
For different sounds, the only thing is "How to define them", the best way might be to have a different sound per "box" ?
For logging every alert it's possible too, it has to be asynchronous ..

We just have to consider that all this is cpu and time slice for the phone, and check if it has any bad impact on the speed to deliver the alerts..

Just to be curious, how many lockout do you have ? I was running, for test, with about 188 lockouts .. The time for checking a K frequency is about 2 ms, now I do not know how it could be with 1000's of them. Probably I would have to make a "short list" in a 10 miles radius and update this short list when moving at least 5 miles ...

Still some work to do also the UI Polishing :)

Thanks for feedback
F.

Meldoon

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Im not sure how many lockouts I have, but, i cant imagine ever needing thousands. X lockouts would be great. Different sound for each band would be nice(I'm using voice alerts) for each "box" in KA would be way kool. This app is fast developing into "what enthusiasts want".
Is the "KA signal response" "normal" or "high" a setting found in Either of V1's apps? What exactly does it do?

francky06l

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
The normal or high is one of the setting that is available when programming V1 "manually". It's also available in the V1 android library, even if it's not present in the V1 connection App, maybe a "miss" ? The documentation I found is following:

5 Bargraph Normal/Responsive User 0 4 Normal
Looking at the thread here, it's also mentioned, now I really do not know what is the effect of this setting .. It was there, I just though it can't be bad to have it ..
https://www.rdforum.org/showthread.php?t=2190

F.

Meldoon

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
5--KaINTENSITY– Increased Ramping on Weaker Signals

Got it.....Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.