Don’t know since work paid for them.

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Old thread but I had to bring in my glasses from my work truck for an audit and thought I'd share what I use.

Mine are Glendale LOTG-DIODE TEL. Looks like they cover 804nm-1755nm which covers all the wavelengths I would encounter during a typical working day.
What OD rating does it have throughout that range ?

08Z51C6

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Alibaba, Ali Express, and Banggood.com all sell protective eyewear for various wavelengths of lasers.
Also Alibaba and AliExpress both sell powerful blue and green lasers if you want to have some fun. Just use care and always wear your eye protection!

protias

Retired CM enthusiast / Train Horn Advocate
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Alibaba, Ali Express, and Banggood.com all sell protective eyewear for various wavelengths of lasers.
Also Alibaba and AliExpress both sell powerful blue and green lasers if you want to have some fun. Just use care and always wear your eye protection!
I'm not sure I'd trust any of what those companies sell.

mikeoxlong

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Looks like:

Wavelength​
OD​
804 - 17553 - 3.1
10645 - 5.1
1065 - 14404 - 4.1

Also found this:

[email protected] OD>[email protected],600nm VLT: 16%
Tks & IMO 3.0 is mediocre protection for 905nm exposure in this little hobby of ours. If you're a 'Tester' (a/k/a Shooter) of Lidar defense systems, your glasses are unacceptable.

As an active Shooter of/for Forum members I use OD 5 only for best protection in my semi-frequent usage !

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
You know, in thinking about leveraging a lidar gun in its intended use case, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen traffic enforcement wearing special eye protection when using them and clearly drivers aren’t expected to do so.

I realize in typical use cases drivers are hit only briefly, which helps reduce risk, while during our testing we might endure prolonged exposure. But as the person operating the lidar gun, it seems the parameters of use aren’t markedly different, right? Whether you’re shooting one car repeatedly or 100 different cars, isn’t the outcome for the shooter essentially the same?

RaggedEdge

RDForum owner and Rdtalk.org Founder
Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
You know, in thinking about leveraging a lidar gun in its intended use case, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen traffic enforcement wearing special eye protection when using them and clearly drivers aren’t expected to do so.

I realize in typical use cases drivers are hit only briefly, which helps reduce risk, while during our testing we might endure prolonged exposure. But as the person operating the lidar gun, it seems the parameters of use aren’t markedly different, right? Whether you’re shooting one car repeatedly or 100 different cars, isn’t the outcome for the shooter essentially the same?
The danger isn't from the lidar beam that comes back from the gun, it's from the jammers shooting hundreds of pulses back to the gun/shooter.

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
The danger isn't from the lidar beam that comes back from the gun, it's from the jammers shooting hundreds of pulses back to the gun/shooter.
@Deacon
Even more important to remember is if you're using a Lidar gun that has magnification lenses (eg: TSS or LaserAtlanta) your IR exposure would have much more focused intensity to your pupil. :spazface:

beachump

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have to find where I ordered, but with shipping they were less than $20.

EDIT: I ordered from www.rajsupply.com
Found the specs for these $10 pair. Seems to be what we need.
Lens Technology

5.0 IR Filter Lens: Commonly used around welding sites or for medium to heavy cutting and medium to heavy gas welding.

Visible Light Transmitted
380-780nm

2%

UVA, UVB Blocked
200-380nm

99%

Blue Light Blocked
400-700nm

99%

IR Blocked
780-2000nm

99%

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I had picked up a few IR Glasses...

I use these when shooting... but when using the PL3, the HUD goes blank viewing through when wearing.

3.0 IR Filter Len
IR Blocked
780-2000nm

95%

1616280779531.png

and these for anyone standing next to me

+1.51.5 IR FilterS2514R15
+2.01.5 IR FilterS2514R20

1616281029769.png

IR Blocked
780-2000nm

83%

When targeting LJs, especially my setup I did at one testing site, if you didn't have something one, you felt the effects.

Last edited:

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
http://www.lightobject.com/808nm-940nm- ... -P188.aspx

Eyesight is important.
While all the jammers are technically eyesafe (minus LE10) a few of us have experienced some unpleasant symptoms after a long meet. Myself, mrkookm, and snoopy have all purchased these glasses and are happy with the quality. (correct me if I'm wrong guys)
The link in OP is no longer functional...

Sent Moderator a new URL to replace the above.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danimajado