Can you tell which one is from the Blackvue?

mrkookm

Advanced User
Reaction score

mrkookm

Advanced User
Reaction score
More info will be given later on :) With that said which 'cam' do you think is better at night, Vid 1 or 2?

From all over via Tapa.

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm guessing the first one is from the Blackvue, but only because of the time / date stamp configuration (I have a Blackvue).

Can't really tell any difference video wise though at 720p

speeddemon

Warp Speed
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
First I think, it is a tad better

speeddemon

Warp Speed
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
First better on both

Salty

Get out of my way
Advanced User
Reaction score
I agree. First better on both. Looks like nighttime the BlackVue is better. During the day DRIVING INTO SUNLIGHT, the other cam looks better. It looks like the other cam has better light exposure than the BV. But the BV still wins in nighttime vid. Not close if you ask me when it comes to night vid.

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm guessing the first into the sun is not the Blackvue (iTronics from what I've read?). 2nd into the sun looks like my Blackvue in similar into the sun conditions

mrkookm

Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes the 'other' cam is the ITB-100HD :) It definitely has superior daytime exposure adjustments, better contrast and accurate color.

I actually find the nighttime shots more detailed, but I believe the wider angle which makes the images in the distance smaller tricks one to think its not as good? That along with the 24fps?

All I'm all I'm happier with this purchase to be honest. It's cheaper, a more rounded performer and it's uses a standard sized SD Card!!!

From all over via Tapa.

CJR238

RDF founding father
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation - I was considering the iTronics ITB-100HD for my other car anyway before, so will probably go for one now, as I mainly do day time driving, an the low evening sun in Oz can be fierce :)

Salty

Get out of my way
Advanced User
Reaction score
To me, the only thing that the ITB has on the BV is better light exposure. The low fps is evident in all the vids, and I still think the BV's night vid is better. The ITB seems like a nice cam as well though. It would probably be better then the BV is it had a higher fps.

con40mb

34.7 on I87
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
thats a nice lookin camera. kinda looks like the blackvue too. Cheap... might have to grab one once the bills are paid off.
hows the microphone on it to you... Any bit better then the blackvue?

mrkookm

Advanced User
Reaction score
To me, the only thing that the ITB has on the BV is better light exposure. The low fps is evident in all the vids, and I still think the BV's night vid is better. The ITB seems like a nice cam as well though. It would probably be better then the BV is it had a higher fps.

The Nighttime of the ITB is definitely better. The detail & color accuracy is unmatched on the ITB and is more evident on the unedited files. I thought in the first vid the Leo who shot the PL3 car was more defined as well.

The slower frame rate I agree is the downsize, but it makes up in the overall quality. Dude the smartest thing they did was making the decision to use a standard size SDHC! The BV sucks!

thats a nice lookin camera. kinda looks like the blackvue too. Cheap... might have to grab one once the bills are paid off.
hows the microphone on it to you... Any bit better then the blackvue?

The BV was worst that the ITB, but after my tweaks the BV was transformed as evident in the vids above. I'll likely make tweaks to the ITB, but I was busy trying to determine which one would get front window rights.

Spartacus

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I wish that I had seen this before I order my BV but I think that I will be happy with the BV.

mrkookm

Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I wish that I had seen this before I order my BV but I think that I will be happy with the BV.

You'll be happy with it.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McSleepy