V1G2 Settings for Canada using JBV1

SafetyStealth

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey there,

Just got my V1G2 today and will be using it with JBV1. I wasn't able to find any great information and the Canada RDFGS seems to be out of date.

Looking for recommendations on settings in Ontario Canada. I will be making a road trip out to BC later this year, so anything from those provinces will also help.

Thanks!

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Canada is a vast and varied tapestry of unique considerations and threats. There’s no box marked “Canada” to check, but there is a forum section for it, and for JBV1, which might help.

Mythic01

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Canadian Police are so polite, give them a "Sorry, eh, officer" and buy them a Timmies and it'll be all good man ;)

But, really, you can't go wrong with running the usual K Wide, and Ka segments. There is plenty of mobile K band in many parts of the country, and all the major Ka band guns are in use. Although, I'd recommend tightening up the Ka sweeps. From the factory, a lot of the Ka sweeps are too wide, and this results in frequent falsing while driving.

Guns you can expect anywhere include the Stalker DSR (34.7 Ka), Kustom Signals Golden Eagle (35.5 Ka), and in certain areas of Ontario I believe they use the Decatur Genesis (33.8).
K band guns usually include the Kustom Raptor RP-1 (24.125ish), Stalker Patrol (24.150 ish).

Then, of course, familiarize yourself with the various types of photo radar used in any particular municipality you're passing through.

And once RADAR is out of the way, you can move onto laser jammers. :)

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hey there,

Just got my V1G2 today and will be using it with JBV1. I wasn't able to find any great information and the Canada RDFGS seems to be out of date.

Looking for recommendations on settings in Ontario Canada. I will be making a road trip out to BC later this year, so anything from those provinces will also help.

Thanks!
PM Sent.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjmackay