Where can I go for custom rear ALP head covers?

twsi06

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a full front and rear ALP setup... The 3 front sensors are hidden extremely well in the grill. My 2 rear ALP sensors are mounted by the license plate but as I have a white vehicle they are visible.

In my local area I don't believe there is anyone who can custom make discreet acrylic covers.

Does anyone know if there is a shop willing to make custom covers remotely and ship?

any suggestions greatly appreciated

tsai26

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
MusaicDesign is willing to create custom license place and ship

Smason

What is a PSL?
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
You can PM me your area and I can recommend what to do.

Mythic01

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You can PM me your area and I can recommend what to do.
Don't you find the Perspex covers (and the sensors underneath) end up quite dirty over time? And the ALP Sensors are quite difficult to clean with the Perspex in the way? @Gatortotz ended up having to remove his Perspex covers because of the significant accumulation of dirt (ALP wouldn't jam at all because of how dirty the sensors were), and there was no way to clean the sensors without removing the Perspex.

Smason

What is a PSL?
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Don't you find the Perspex covers (and the sensors underneath) end up quite dirty over time? And the ALP Sensors are quite difficult to clean with the Perspex in the way? @Gatortotz ended up having to remove his Perspex covers because of the significant accumulation of dirt (ALP wouldn't jam at all because of how dirty the sensors were), and there was no way to clean the sensors without removing the Perspex.
It depends on how you seal the setup. My VW Install has a fair amount of build up, which is why its magnet connected. I regularly clean them off. both perspex and heads.

The Mazda has the perspex 3m taped on. I will take them off and see how the buildup is.

Oh and if you live where your car looks like this after driving for a few days...
1634156170786.png

Mythic01

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It depends on how you seal the setup. My VW Install has a fair amount of build up, which is why its magnet connected. I regularly clean them off. both perspex and heads.

The Mazda has the perspex 3m taped on. I will take them off and see how the buildup is.

Oh and if you live where your car looks like this after driving for a few days...
View attachment 190938

Nice idea with the magnet connectors. If one can figure out how to make such a mount, and it's secure enough, that's definitely the way to go.

Otherwise, Perspex just doesn't seem like it's worth the hassle. Especially with snow, salt, and sand covering the roads 6 months out of the year.

Gatortotz

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

View attachment 190938
Yeah I need to pick up a couple of magnets and do this. Mine aren't an enclosed space so dust can build up on the back side of the lens. They weren't as dirty as I was expecting though after driving down all the gravel roads to work.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDude