Drive Smarter App

mtime

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The other suggestion to use a second phone/tablet works too. But either way this is ridiculous. Every IOT device I’ve set up has a mode that lets you type in an “Other Network”.
I've tried the 2nd phone/tablet method; this does not work for me. It works with my R360C and EL but not with my MaxCam and Drive Smarter

mtime

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I was able to, but not directly. I had to add a network to my home WiFi by the same name, connect both my phone and the MaxCam to that, and after that it connects to my iPhone 13 fine without compatibility mode either.

I wish they just let you type in a network name without being associated to it.
I've been able to "connect" as you described using the same wifi network name as home. We'll have to wait and see if it an effective connection. I get the white background but no PSL. Since no PSL's is a reported issue (even with hotspots right now), I'll have to wait and see if I get a firmware or DD update in the coming week.
Thanks for the advise.

jdong

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've tried the 2nd phone/tablet method; this does not work for me. It works with my R360C and EL but not with my MaxCam and Drive Smarter
Ooof. That sucks — it might be that they’re really using the APIs to look for normal WiFi networks. iOS does detect and identify phone hotspots separately if your app wants to care.

A Dee

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Unfortunately my frustration got the best of me yesterday and I sent the M2 back! I really wanted it to work out of the box with the RL360c..

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjmackay