Constant rear antenna K band falses

twsi06

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi everyone, wondering if I can get some support with my NR DSP rear antenna...

I have a brand new AL Priority with front and rear NR DSP antennas. I had the front ALP and NR sensors installed first and they ran great with no issues with excessive falsing. I ran this setup for 2 months before having the rear sensors/antennas installed

After enabling the additional rear sensors and taking my car for a 5 hour highway trip, I was basically getting near constant "K band behind" falses. They were always only from the rear antenna and always 1-2 bars of strength. These falses are occuring with no cars around, with cars around, at highway speeds, at slow city speeds, in my driveway stationery. Just constant with the odd 30 second - 1 minute break. I am pretty sure the K band behind false alerts are always 24160MHz.

I have tried everything to solve the issue. I've experimented with enabling and disabling K-Filter, K-Traffic Filter, MRCD etc with no luck.

If anyone has any insight or suggestions I would be greatly appreciative !
Post automatically merged:

Hi everyone, wondering if I can get some support with my NR DSP rear antenna...

I have a brand new AL Priority with front and rear NR DSP antennas. I had the front ALP and NR sensors installed first and they ran great with no issues with excessive falsing. I ran this setup for 2 months before having the rear sensors/antennas installed

After enabling the additional rear sensors and taking my car for a 5 hour highway trip, I was basically getting near constant "K band behind" falses. They were always only from the rear antenna and always 1-2 bars of strength. These falses are occuring with no cars around, with cars around, at highway speeds, at slow city speeds, in my driveway stationery. Just constant with the odd 30 second - 1 minute break. I am pretty sure the K band behind false alerts are always 24160MHz.

I have tried everything to solve the issue. I've experimented with enabling and disabling K-Filter, K-Traffic Filter, MRCD etc with no luck.

If anyone has any insight or suggestions I would be greatly appreciative !

I should also mention that I am definitely modifying the settings for both front and rear antennas! And not making the mistake of only changing one...

Last edited:

ARkaband

War Eagle
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
What car are you driving? Unfortunately it's likely falsing to your vehicle's BSM system, and there isn't a great solution to fix that.

twsi06

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
What car are you driving? Unfortunately it's likely falsing to your vehicle's BSM system, and there isn't a great solution to fix that.

Never thought about that possibility... I drive an acura lol - one of the worst offenders for K band falses...

Is it worth disabling any particular K1-6 frequency? Or will that also potentially remove my ability to pickup K band from a LEO?

Just tried disabling my vehicles BSM... No luck, still getting the same falses... back to the drawing board lol

Last edited:

ARkaband

War Eagle
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
It seems there isn't a way to disable K band only on the rear antenna with the NRDSP, so unfortunately your best options are to either find a new detector or to run the NRDSP with only the front antenna.

Millwright99

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Why not add it to the ARF at what ever strength your getting your falses at? (Basically a k notch) Surprised you dont have 24.160 added yet as its a common BSM offender.
Id say its definitely your car,
If its say 4 bars (most of my bsm encounters dont go above 4, not sure when its your own car tho) and you add it to ARF it will ignore 24.158-24.162 up to 4 bars and alert at anything stronger. Just make sure you add it at its highest strength you encounter or you will get PTs

Last edited:

ARkaband

War Eagle
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Why not add it to the ARF at what ever strength your getting your falses at? (Basically a k notch) Surprised you dont have 24.160 added yet as its a common BSM offender.
If its say 4 bars (most of my bsm encounters dont go above 4, not sure when its your own car tho) and you add it to ARF it will ignore 24.158-24.162 up to 4 bars and alert at anything stronger. Just make sure you add it at its highest strength you encounter or you will get PTs
This is awesome, I wasn't aware of the ARF feature. @twsi06 this looks like your solution.

twsi06

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

Wow, all I have to say is THANK YOU! I have been using my ALP and DSP NR for a few months and never knew this was a feature. As amazing of a system as it is, the app and it's features aren't always straight forward. This solution worked perfectly... Just pressing and holding mute and the system will now ignore those alerts at that particular frequency, strength and antenna. Way better than disabling an entire K band segment.

ALP really has thought of everything... but the only thing I wish I could do is change Profiles on the app while receiving an alert lol

Millwright99

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Wow, all I have to say is THANK YOU! I have been using my ALP and DSP NR for a few months and never knew this was a feature. As amazing of a system as it is, the app and it's features aren't always straight forward. This solution worked perfectly... Just pressing and holding mute and the system will now ignore those alerts at that particular frequency, strength and antenna. Way better than disabling an entire K band segment.

ALP really has thought of everything... but the only thing I wish I could do is change Profiles on the app while receiving an alert lol
No worries at all! Glad I could help! I was very pumped when I learned about and then seen the results of ARF as well! But i believe the praise for this one goes to @BestRadarDetectors as the NetRadar is actually his baby, as far as I know (im fairly new here) he designed it and worked in collaboration with ALP to make an integrated radar and also the software perks specific to it. He has also mentioned possibility of future capabilites of being able to view,edit and import/export ARF data (tweak the freq, strength, share lists of common BSM offenders etc)
Users really love this feature so fingers crossed she gets a performance boost one day in the near future!
Hes a busy guy of many hats and I know it takes collaboration so, we have to be patient. The important part is the meat and potatoes (functionality) which is already in place!

Also just out of curiosity, why do you want to change profiles during an alert?

Last edited:

twsi06

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
No worries at all! Glad I could help! I was very pumped when I learned about and then seen the results of ARF as well! But i believe the praise for this one goes to @BestRadarDetectors as the NetRadar is actually his baby, as far as I know (im fairly new here) he designed it and worked in collaboration with ALP to make an integrated radar and also the software perks specific to it. He has also mentioned possibility of future capabilites of being able to view,edit and import/export ARF data (tweak the freq, strength, share lists of common BSM offenders etc)
Users really love this feature so fingers crossed she gets a performance boost one day in the near future!
Hes a busy guy of many hats and I know it takes collaboration so, we have to be patient. The important part is the meat and potatoes (functionality) which is already in place!

Also just out of curiosity, why do you want to change profiles during an alert?

If say... I was theoretically being stopped by a LEO and wanted to go to parking only mode, I have profile C setup for parking only. However if I am pulled over, the officers vehicle and it's built in Ka band detector (common in my area) would be detected by my NRDSP and would be sending an alert to the app which would not allow me to change to parking only profile as the profile button disappears during an alert.

My current solution is to use a USB stick that I have in the car at all times which flashes the system to parking only mode. So it's not like I need the feature THAT bad. But sometimes when I get hit with ka I would like to just switch to parking only until they pass. Just my paranoia about the Spectre RDD which are also in use in my area

Millwright99

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
If say... I was theoretically being stopped by a LEO and wanted to go to parking only mode, I have profile C setup for parking only. However if I am pulled over, the officers vehicle and it's built in Ka band detector (common in my area) would be detected by my NRDSP and would be sending an alert to the app which would not allow me to change to parking only profile as the profile button disappears during an alert.

My current solution is to use a USB stick that I have in the car at all times which flashes the system to parking only mode. So it's not like I need the feature THAT bad. But sometimes when I get hit with ka I would like to just switch to parking only until they pass. Just my paranoia about the Spectre RDD which are also in use in my area
Have you tried pushing the menu button on the control pad to JTK during an alert to force parking mode for a bit? I know it works during a LIDAR alert but never tried it during radar alert. they added the functionality in after the fact and is the only thing that works on control pad while using bluetooth (Only during an alert from what i understand tho)

I guess in theory if that works then pressing the car on the app should work as well and Im guessing you already tried that.. maybe that only works during LIDAR

The problem of switching while being pulled over can be solved by only enabling radar alerts above a certain speed (mines set at 30km/hr but thinking of bumping it up to 40km/hr) really helps in parking lots etc.

The problem of rolling in close proximity and disabling radar alerts or being worried about spectre is trickier one, i do have a kill switch wired up to mine for any emergencies where i want to kill the system.

Also I wouldn't worry too much about spectre, the NR-DSP did alot better then the original analog net radar. In real life conditions I cant see this being an issue, but nothing wrong with being extra safe either and turning off any potential alerting signals to the officer.

Video:

Article its from and comparison to a few others

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDude