MAXCam 360C Lockouts

DJFroggy

The NJ Radar Guy
Beginner User
Reaction score
Anyone else notice that the MAXCam360c doesn't auto lock out anything OR remember manually entered lockouts??? Mine never does. GPS works on it too.

Euurx

Cat Lover
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Wait you picked up the MC360C? You mad man 😁 Have you tried reflashing the firmware? I'd be curious if it's an initial release bug. If it is, I'm not sure at this rate if they even test before marketing posts it lol

DJFroggy

The NJ Radar Guy
Beginner User
Reaction score
I'm just seeing if anyone else has had the same issue that's all. All reasonable fixes have been attempted.

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score
Anyone else notice that the MAXCam360c doesn't auto lock out anything OR remember manually entered lockouts??? Mine never does. GPS works on it too.
Do you have GPS Filter turned on?

BagNDrag

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! My MaxCam360c has worked great with both auto lockouts and manual lockouts. Does it go through the manual lockout process on screen when you try to do it? "Mute -> Lockout this signal? - > signal locked" or what does it do? BTW - I'm running version 1.5 (shows 1.4) of the firmware.

-Mark

DJFroggy

The NJ Radar Guy
Beginner User
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! My MaxCam360c has worked great with both auto lockouts and manual lockouts. Does it go through the manual lockout process on screen when you try to do it? "Mute -> Lockout this signal? - > signal locked" or what does it do? BTW - I'm running version 1.5 (shows 1.4) of the firmware.

-Mark

Oh yea everything acts normal except it NEVER remembers a manual lock out nor has it automatically locked anything EVER.

jdong

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Oh yea everything acts normal except it NEVER remembers a manual lock out nor has it automatically locked anything EVER.
I hate to sound like tier 1 tech support but have you tried the option to erase all locations?
I had my Max360Ci misbehave similarly with lockouts and wiping that database helped.

DJFroggy

The NJ Radar Guy
Beginner User
Reaction score
I hate to sound like tier 1 tech support but have you tried the option to erase all locations?
I had my Max360Ci misbehave similarly with lockouts and wiping that database helped.

Of course I tried that but thank you.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Is the GPS getting a lock? Is the GPS based speed showing correctly as you drive around with it?

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
This ...... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Benzr

BagNDrag

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@DJFroggy - Is the camera part working as expected i.e. the video recordings are saving to the SD card etc.?

-Mark

DJFroggy

The NJ Radar Guy
Beginner User
Reaction score
@DJFroggy - Is the camera part working as expected i.e. the video recordings are saving to the SD card etc.?

-Mark

I haven't been able to access the camera thru the drive smarter app since I got it. It does record to the SD card no problem.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just went out with a Bushnell and was able to manually lock the signal out on both MaxCams. I also had an autolockout kick in just now too. A little surprised after reading your post, heh.

DJFroggy

The NJ Radar Guy
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just went out with a Bushnell and was able to manually lock the signal out on both MaxCams. I also had an autolockout kick in just now too. A little surprised after reading your post, heh.

Yes I definitely think my MaxCam is faulty.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes I definitely think my MaxCam is faulty.
It must be.

I was out doing some speed sign testing earlier today and my MaxCam created autolockouts 3 separate times, so I can confirm that that feature works as well.

VinsentPuhov

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I can now write that mine does auto lockout. I found a reoccurring false k band near a line of businesses. I just went out this evening past it for the third time and it locked out and showed the signal in grey. So, this maybe late, but maybe reassuring in your own diagnosis.

DJFroggy

The NJ Radar Guy
Beginner User
Reaction score

Sounds like the Drive Smarter app might be causing lockout failures?

Not at all. It happens wether or not you're connected to DS. I also haven't been able to make a CAMERA settings change stick yet. Meaning I can turn the audio recording option on but if I leave that menu and go anywhere else in settings and then go back to camera settings the audio is back off. Same thing happens with almost every menu option in camera settings. RD side no problems but the camera side is borderline fubar.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjmackay