Uniden R4 Pricing

Disco47

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Uniden-R4-High-FRONTview800pxtranslucent_800x663.png

I wish it had a bit more attractive design.

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score
DS1 doesn't have LNA's. Perhaps that is the $50 better. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Also Uniden is claiming better BSM filtering. So that may well be worth the price of admission right there. Unless they are saying that K blocks are BSM filters (they are not), in which case it will be business as usual.

milkman

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score

oversteer325

Caution, Anchor May Drop Suddenly
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
What is the port on the left side???

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score

thebravo

Security
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I will be curious to see the laser performance in this (still relatively useless of course) however if they have implemented the ability to recognize specific pulse patterns then they have the ability reject all other pulsed IR sources that trigger falses allowing for much greater sensitivity to real threats much like a jammer has. The question is did they actually implement this or did they just add in some fun recognition for show.

Cannonf600

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
We will have it first in the USA and a few weeks later the rest of the channel including Best Buy will get them.
Let us know when you have them for pre-order/order here on the forum. I would much rather buy from and support you then a big box store anyway.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

EnigoMontoya

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Any idea is the "sticky cup" for the R4 is backwards compatible with the R3? The suction cup mount for the R3 is pretty lousy.

djkeczap

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
enough of the excitement of R4 !! maybe better to bring up the topic Why uniden refuses to help r1 and r3 users fix the bugs and give new updates

Signal Environment

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
enough of the excitement of R4 !! maybe better to bring up the topic Why uniden refuses to help r1 and r3 users fix the bugs and give new updates
This is an R4 thread, so it's gonna be all about the R4.

If you have a problem with the R3 or R1, you should post in a related thread, or start a fresh thread about your issue.

H6G

Learning to Drive
Lifetime Premium
General User
Reaction score

Probably the same reason why Radenso will not do the same with M Pro. Especially... since DS1 is out. Maybe it's time to upgrade..... R4 does look very promising.

Bossdad71

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Also Uniden is claiming better BSM filtering. So that may well be worth the price of admission right there. Unless they are saying that K blocks are BSM filters (they are not), in which case it will be business as usual.
I always thought radnenso had pretty good filtering. I remember testing the pro m going down the road behind a car, messed with the settings, and it got pretty quiet. I guess time will tell.

hallm2020

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I won’t trust it’s stealth until I see some testing. They fooled me with my R7.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I still love my R1's and have no issues with them on 1.50 still. Hopefully the R4 will use the same perm. mount and cable as the R1 and R3. After testing and driving with a DS1 for a couple of weeks, I'm going with the R4 to add to my collection because hopefully it will still have frequency voice and all of the Uniden alert tones, especially #9 for Ka band!

djkeczap

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Probably the same reason why Radenso will not do the same with M Pro. Especially... since DS1 is out. Maybe it's time to upgrade..... R4 does look very promising.
It is time, buddy, for a long time to take this step because they have not done anything about it for a long time

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Probably the same reason why Radenso will not do the same with M Pro. Especially... since DS1 is out.
It is time, buddy, for a long time to take this step because they have not done anything about it for a long time

The original “Radenso Pro” was released sometime before 2015 (before noLimits purchased Radenso), it has had quite a few hardware updates and firmware updates since then (Pro SE, Pro M). There hasn’t been any big firmware updates in the past year because it is at the limit of what I can do already. Not a necessarily a bad thing, it is the same reason why we haven’t had a firmware update on the SP and XP models as well.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjmackay