Does RL360C check for updates only when powering up?

RadarEng

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have my RL360c configured to just use wifi (not bluetooth/EL) to get live alerts and firmware and defender database updates.

My car doesn't have a built-in hotspot - instead I turn on my phone's hotspot when I am going to go on a long road trip.

This means that by the time I end up turning on the hotspot on my phone, I probably have been driving for 5+ mins already and thus the RL360c has been powered up for at least 5 mins *before* I turned on the hotspot.

So, does anyone know if the RL360C *only* does the update check as part of it's power-up sequence and assumes there will be a wifi hotspot turned on when the detector is powering up, and if the wifi hotspot is not turned on when the detector is powering up, then it won't do another update check for that driving session...

Or, does the detector do the update check for firmware/defender updates right after it establishes a wifi connection, even if it didn't established that connection until 30+ mins after the detector has been powered on?

I just want to know that I will be properly notified of updates even though I may not turn my hotspot on right when the detector powers on.

So, has anyone got an "new update Available" alert on their RL360C *after* their detector has been powered on for 15+ mins (not when it first powers on)?

Last edited:

DJFroggy

The NJ Radar Guy
Beginner User
Reaction score
It checks for new updates every time it connects to a wifi hotspot.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDude