Why would the ds1 come after theia?

Beavis26

Learning to Fly
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Why would y'all have released the ds1 after theia if theia is supposed to have been the ultimate detecter it's like taking a step back something sounds fishy here

GregTec5

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Theia hasn’t been released yet. This topic has been discussed multiple times with regards to Theia. Simply put there is a parts shortage.

westwind77

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Why would y'all have released the ds1 after theia if theia is supposed to have been the ultimate detecter it's like taking a step back something sounds fishy here
Adorability. Not everyone can spend unlimited funds on a RD. The DS1 will be half (or less than half) of Theia. There has to be a price point for all buyers.

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score

We answered this question in the Radenso DS1 FAQ here: https://www.rdforum.org/threads/113653/

6CD3750A-B2EC-4B4C-AF01-75CDF2086446.jpeg

Post automatically merged:

Adorability. Not everyone can spend unlimited funds on a RD. The DS1 will be half (or less than half) of Theia. There has to be a price point for all buyers.

That isn’t the reason DS1 was released first, the reason is because there is a global chip shortage and Theia requires higher end more desirable parts than the DS1.

Last edited:

Beavis26

Learning to Fly
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
I know the chip shortage you didn't get my question if there had not been a chip shortage and theia was released why would you release the ds1 after if theia is supposed to be the ultimate detecter was it to reach the people who couldn't afford theia this is a simple question and no it has not been discussed or the search function sucks

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I know the chip shortage you didn't get my question if there had not been a chip shortage and theia was released why would you release the ds1 after if theia is supposed to be the ultimate detecter was it to reach the people who couldn't afford theia this is a simple question and no it has not been discussed or the search function sucks

Because not everyone is a enthusiast like we are and doesn’t want to spend as much money. It is the perfect radar detector for someone starting out.

Same goes for computers, cars, etc.

Why would this be fishy?

Beavis26

Learning to Fly
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thank you Randy I was just curious I'm glad y'all released the ds1 first helps y'all and us

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Thank you Randy I was just curious I'm glad y'all released the ds1 first helps y'all and us

No problem!

Also, big fan of your show

solort

Learning to Fly
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Maybe to generates sales to a less than premium market to have a diversified portfolio? If Theia is $1000 or higher, how many non enthusiasts will pay that amount? One premium product not for sale yet generates zero company revenue!

DS1 gives premium single horn results at a competitive price!

westwind77

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
That isn’t the reason DS1 was released first, the reason is because there is a global chip shortage and Theia requires higher end more desirable parts than the DS1.
Yes, that is well known. I was addressing his comments about being 'fishy' and being a 'step back'.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDude