ARGH! Panic time with an ALP alert. God save the King!

unrepentant

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Being the lazy sort, I haven't updated my ALP since it was installed in May 2018. I stopped driving the vehicle due to Covid; no long trips anywhere since Jan 2019. I've been driving the car to the store once every 7-10 days to keep the fluids etc used, but I've never had the jammer go off in the last two years.

However... I took my first trip cross-country last month; hadda consult Vortex's website to remind myself what to do ifn I got lit up. Thankfully, I was prepared...

That "sireene" WOKE ME UP doing 87 in a 65 zone somewhere in Kentucky. I hammered the brakes (no one behind me) and wondered why my rabbit didn't get lit up. He was doing a good 85 at least 250 yd ahead. Anyway, I hit the off button at ~68-70mph and survived, but MAN, that's only the second time the ALP has barked at me. I forgot how the alert was sounded; that "indoor siren" scared the bejesus out of me. My first look was in the rear view mirror thinkin' I'd missed a bushwhacker.

Praise be to AAalah. KY is reasonable with us furrners doin' ~68. :)

RadarScout

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Being the lazy sort, I haven't updated my ALP since it was installed in May 2018. I stopped driving the vehicle due to Covid; no long trips anywhere since Jan 2019. I've been driving the car to the store once every 7-10 days to keep the fluids etc used, but I've never had the jammer go off in the last two years.

However... I took my first trip cross-country last month; hadda consult Vortex's website to remind myself what to do ifn I got lit up. Thankfully, I was prepared...

That "sireene" WOKE ME UP doing 87 in a 65 zone somewhere in Kentucky. I hammered the brakes (no one behind me) and wondered why my rabbit didn't get lit up. He was doing a good 85 at least 250 yd ahead. Anyway, I hit the off button at ~68-70mph and survived, but MAN, that's only the second time the ALP has barked at me. I forgot how the alert was sounded; that "indoor siren" scared the bejesus out of me. My first look was in the rear view mirror thinkin' I'd missed a bushwhacker.

I bet you're glad to have them, updated or not.
I haven't done the last update myself. Like you, we haven't taken any trips in a couple years, so I haven't felt the urgency to do so. I guess I should, just so I don't fall too far behind.

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Corgi Lovers
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If your ALP is capable of using the Bluetooth module you can perform updates via the ALPConnect app. It’s much easier than using the manual method which requires a thumbdrive to transfer the files. The app also automatically checks for any new firmware updates whenever you start it up.

Who knows, with this setup maybe you would not procrastinate performing your updates anymore. 😉

Last edited:

keefrto

Loving Alberta's response to cameras. #not
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Aren't we due for a firmware update soon?

Tech10002

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score

They love tagging out of state plates in Kentucky. Congrats on the save. Just out of curiosity, do you remember what gun you hit with?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDude