Reaction score
Welcome, tough choices!

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Corgi Lovers
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hello @Bryan T Moeller and welcome aboard RDF! We’re glad that you decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more from you on the forum. 😎

Before you decide to purchase a radar detector, be sure to fill in this form: https://www.rdforum.org/form/4/select

Completing it will start a new thread with your information and allow the other RDF members to make recommendations for you based upon your budget, driving style and location. 👍

SilenceDogoodNinja

SDN
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Exciting times with so many great options. Welcome to the forums!

Panzer948

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks, and it looks like i made my first typo in the title.... ouch. Anyway, a couple of questions. I wouldn't mind changing my name to a nickname but I didn't see where that could be done. Is that feature turned off for the first few days for new members?

Also, I did post more details for my current research here in the general forum: https://www.rdforum.org/threads/114618/

Once I purchase my radar detector I am sure to visit here for more useful info, as well as share items that may be useful back to the forum. I also will likely be buying a 2nd radar detector soon - likely upgrading my V1 to V1G2.

RoadDogg

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

milkman

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Tech10002

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thanks, and it looks like i made my first typo in the title.... ouch. Anyway, a couple of questions. I wouldn't mind changing my name to a nickname but I didn't see where that could be done. Is that feature turned off for the first few days for new members?

Also, I did post more details for my current research here in the general forum: https://www.rdforum.org/threads/114618/

Once I purchase my radar detector I am sure to visit here for more useful info, as well as share items that may be useful back to the forum. I also will likely be buying a 2nd radar detector soon - likely upgrading my V1 to V1G2.
Not sure how you go about changing your handle. You might have to message one of the admins for that unless they see this thread.

You'll love the V1G2, especially if you pair it with the JBV1 app. If you're considering trading your Gen1 with Valentine, you should see what your software version is. If it's one of the later 3.89x firmware versions, it's worth quite a bit more to sell it on ebay or on the classified section here. Valentine only gives you $110 for it.

RadarScout

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@dudeinnz
I take it he meant new user?

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Panzer948

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
@Bryan T Moeller you can open up a ticket with a new username. We normally don’t allow username changes, but I’m assuming it is because you used your real name.
Yes, that is correct. Based my joined date of 2019 I must have signed up then and was just a lurker and didnt realize it. I didn't post until this week and didn't know until I posted here. However, now I am finally getting active I wouldn't mind changing it to Panzer948 :) I will see about a ticket.

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes, that is correct. Based my joined date of 2019 I must have signed up then and was just a lurker and didnt realize it. I didn't post until this week and didn't know until I posted here. However, now I am finally getting active I wouldn't mind changing it to Panzer948 :) I will see about a ticket.
No worries, done.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDude