TMG 2 head with VPR Kia K5 GT

raqball

beep, beep
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
This is the placement area I was given for a 2 head system on my car. While this was for a 2 head ALP I assume the TMG heads will go in the same place.

I am going to order the VPR head and add it to the install. I have an appointment on Sunday to have an installer look over the car and the gear, give me a price the. schedule the install date but I wanted to get some recommendations before I even go to that appointment..

I do not have a front plate displayed on the car.

Standard heads: Green (recommended placement by MusicarNW and TMG).
VPR head maybe in the red box?

2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SilenceDogoodNinja

SDN
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you can still edit post maybe edit photos of plates outs

raqball

beep, beep
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
If you can still edit post maybe edit photos of plates outs
My photo editing skills are not that great and the image was sent to me by MusicarNW.. The plate bracket is there because it was drilled into the bumper but I don't have a plate on it..

I can snap a regular photo of the front if that will help

Last edited:

SilenceDogoodNinja

SDN
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok just wanted to protect your identity if it was your plate! Those head spots look good. Generally VPR head centered and higher works well. Good luck 👍

AllspeedJeff

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Have you considered putting all 3 heads in the upper grille? That’s what I did on my Charger and it performs outstanding.

Attachments

• E33F3C45-6A40-473A-BF5D-7ED9FFF66FE1.jpeg
    E33F3C45-6A40-473A-BF5D-7ED9FFF66FE1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21

raqball

beep, beep
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Ok just wanted to protect your identity if it was your plate! Those head spots look good. Generally VPR head centered and higher works well. Good luck 👍
Yeah not my plate but good looking out!
Post automatically merged:

Have you considered putting all 3 heads in the upper grille? That’s what I did on my Charger and it performs outstanding.
I'd rather not hack up the honeycomb grill and that's where MusicarNW suggested the 2 heads go.. They are one of the most trusted installers in the NW so I just kind of went with what they suggested..

VariableWave

Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
If me... and even said G3s in all red....
1631847954019.png

Green is too low.

@raqball
Wish that Gas Card and Vacay was available, not only dial you in but the guys in this part make you at home.
@OhMyVa @WalterTheRadarWizard9999 @The Pope , and that guy @Kennyc56 W/Jane, and the others we have fun with.

Last edited:

raqball

beep, beep
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
If me... and even said G3s in all red....
View attachment 189041

Green is too low.
While I certainly want them to provide the best possible coverage, placing them there would require quite the hacking up of the honeycomb area.. That was one of the 1st things Musicar mentioned to me due to the odd shape / angle of the slats in that honeycomb area..

But if it must be done, then it must be done..

Last edited:

VariableWave

Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
While I certainly want them to provide the best possible coverage, placing them there would require quite the hacking up of the honeycomb area.. That was one of the 1st things Musicar mentioned to me due to the odd shape / angle of the slats in that honeycomb area..

Please make sure it is a semi mounted solution and tested.... Many know I have found something in testing either by addressing what I see or even blew on the unit... haha..

Ask the PA testing group 2020 and 2021

@midd
@Kennyc56
@viggendriver
@asleeper
@PY004
@RaggedEdge
@Bking
and More

Last edited:

raqball

beep, beep
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Please make sure it is a semi mounted solution and tested.... Many know I have found something in testing either by addressing what I see or even blew on the unit... haha..

Ask the PA testing group 2020 and 2021

I think your and @AllspeedJeff placement may be my best option so the honeycomb getting hacked it will probably be..

I believe @2018GTI is going to help me test them after install. He is not far from me (I'll drive to him) so that would be great to at least make sure they are functioning properly and adjust the placement if needed..

Last edited:

VariableWave

Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think your placement may be my best option so the honeycomb getting hacked it will probably be..

I believe @2018GTI is going to help me test them after install. He is not far from me (I'll drive to him) so that would be great to at least make sure they are functioning properly and adjust the placement if needed..

Nice... maybe a side talk with @2018GTI, and me, if anything comes up after placement, is not positive to better your setup.

AllspeedJeff

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just FYI @raqball, the cost of my upper from the dealership was less than $100. I kept my original and cut up the new one

VariableWave

Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just FYI @raqball, the cost of my upper from the dealership was less than $100. I kept my original and cut up the new one

If you have seen what a Hyundai or Kia grill can do for you, Free vs Pods make that world.

raqball

beep, beep
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Oh wow, that's not bad at all..

I think I am going to go with your and @VariableWave placement advice.. It makes sense since they are pretty much reduced to tagging my headlight area..

Last edited:

VariableWave

Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

I think I am going to go with your and @VariableWave placement advice.. It makes sense since they are pretty much reduced to tagging my headlight area..

That and the better placement, earlier warning too the situation, and proper defense.. receive to defend, can break you, if there is a unbalance to.

The Pope

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just seeing this post and like the upper placement as well, along with getting a second grill to modify.

Now, don't modify the grill PRIOR to doing some testing. Heads can be TEMPORARILY Mounted with double sided tape. This way the head placement can be adjusted during a testing session. Once the best location has been determined, then it's time to do any cutting or you may learn that the lower location works better.......

bottom line is... Testing Will Give You the Answer To Where You Should Mount The Heads For Best Coverage.

Last edited:

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Tip:

You can usually remove the plate holder and insert (with a tiny bit of glue) plastic hole covers about the diameter of a pencil eraser in the holes. (Might have to drill the holes a little bigger)

Colorado is a two-plate state so the dealers usually install the plate holder during prep. I've used the hole cover method a few times.

Last edited:

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

But if it must be done, then it must be done..
Red, do red! Green is just plain too low.

I would almost bet money this placement will be rock solid. Even your original would probably be fine against non Dragon guns.

Just make sure it is straight and level!

Last edited:

raqball

beep, beep
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
The TMG system arrived and the VPR head I ordered should also be here next week. I went to my garage and briefly checked the head size -vs- the odd slats in my honeycomb grill area.. It actually looks like it might be pretty easy as they fit into the left and right slats with room to maneuver. The center slot where the VPR head will go has a vertical strip of plastic that would need to be cut but that's about it from what I can tell..

Also, new packaging?

tempImagePMV6nG.gif

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NZdrivepro