F-N New Guy

RyanSD

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey all. Been lurking for a long time.

Just recently moved to the Radenso DS1 in my Mach-E.

My previous radar, the Beltronics GT1 had the display go out after a few too many hot days left in the sun.

Hoping the Radenso units have a better heat resistance.

eddiepugh

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! I've had pretty good luck with my DS1 so far and hope you experience the same! How's that new Mach E?

milkman

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

RoadDogg

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@RyanSD , Welcome to the Forum!! We are glad to have you here.

Great choice on the new DS1.

RyanSD

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks all. Already, I really enjoy the DS1. I’m hoping to find some time to reach out to their customer support to find out about adding myself to any public beta (TestFlight) for the iOS app when it becomes available. I’m not going to hold my breath but it would be amazing to start to see the developers take advantage of the APIs available to them to integrate or make the apps compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

I just started the painful process of installing the hardwiring kit. I swear, there is an airbag everywhere so it’s been a slow process of installing everything behind the airbag curtains (to maximize safety in the event of deployment) with my big meaty hands/fingers.

I plan on running the mute switch up and under the steering wheel. Hoping some 3M double adhesive is enough to keep it in place.

With regards to the Mach-E. It’s been a fun little ride so far. I’m only about 4500 miles into it. Charging was my biggest concern but there are a bunch of Level 2 chargers that go unused daily right across the street from the radio station I work at. My walk to the office is a little longer but I can charge while I work and come out to a relatively full battery.

WJS

A low profile can be the best defense
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members