Radar Detector Recommendation for EpicFailings

EpicFailings

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
What kind of vehicle you have?
18 Camaro SS

Do you want a remote mount or windshield mount detector?
Windshield, Remote Mount

What's your budget?
$800.00

Where do you live and where do you primarily drive?
Live:East of Columbus.
Drive: To Columbus and SE Michigan.

Do you require a detector that is RDD immune? No

How do you drive?
Aggressive

What is your daily drive like?
Dicey on 4/5 lane expressways. Construction. Left lane hogs.

What is the terrain like where you normally drive?
Flat

Are there red light and/or speed cams in your area?
Yes

Do you need / prefer a GPS enabled unit?
Yes

Are you willing/do you want to use your phone to pair with the RD?
Yes

What kind of device do you own or would use for your detector?
Android

Do you face MRCD and/or MRCT in your area?
Unsure

How long you have been using countermeasures, if at all?
6 months

Last edited:

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Netradar dsp + ALP

Tech10002

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
For your budget, you’re gonna have a hard time getting a quality remote mount. I’m not sure if the Netradar will work without the ALP brain, and the ALP + Netradar combo is way over $800. The Radenso RC-M is a nice remote mount, too, but it’s about $1300 over your budget, and that’s before installation.

I agree with Roman777nyc. Go with a Valentine one Gen2 with the Jbv1 app and a nice mount like the Blendmount. You could buy both of those and an awesome phone mount for less than $800.

EpicFailings

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
If windshield mount and android phone, one of the best options would be Valentine 1 with Jbv1 app in background. For remote mount can't comment.
What makes you pick those two over the R7 and Highway Radar?

Roman777nyc

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have both an R7 and a V1gen2, but I upgraded to the v1gen2. Jbv1 gives extra filtering for K band, it can change settings of the detector based on location in the background. For example in NJ I have X,K,KA,Laser turned ON , but in PA I Have K,KA,Laser with X turned OFF, In NYC I Only Have KA,L everything else turned off and so on... with the app it also adds GPS lockouts and I believe V1Gen2 has better Ramp up then the R7, if I'm driving somewhere new that I don't know how to get I also use Waze...

^ Here's a link it explains some more features of the app. Over all if you were to use and android phone V1gen2, if not Uniden R7 also Redline 360C is in the top. On the side note you can run highway radar with any detector you can do v1gen+ jbv1 in background + highway radar in background + have GPS on Waze 😅

Tech10002

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Because JBV1 integrates with the V1 and receives radar and laser alerts in real time from the detector and can control muting, profiles, etc. Highwayradar is a great app, but it doesn’t integrate and control muting on the R7. You have to do that manually. JBV1 also has Highwayradar data built in.

Roman777nyc

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Because JBV1 integrates with the V1 and receives radar and laser alerts in real time from the detector and can control muting, profiles, etc. Highwayradar is a great app, but it doesn’t integrate and control muting on the R7. You have to do that manually. JBV1 also has Highwayradar data built in.
Oh yes I forgot jbv1 has also crowded sourced notification 😅

EpicFailings

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
When you say it has highway radar built in are you referring to the plugin they both utilize?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agoose