Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score

mikedotd

Arrow Enthusiast
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I noticed it looks like the FPGAs Radenso is waiting on appear to have availability dates listed now. I’m assuming Radenso got their order in long ago, and these are available for preorder now. Is it safe to say we might at least see a small run of Theia units by middle of next year?

I don't think it's safe to say anything after the past 18 months.

Radenso was adamant until the very end of 2020 that Theia would be released in 2020, but here we are 9/2021...

Although Randy's pre-order email list may be one of the safer things to count on these days. :roflolmao:

knight_man

I wanna go fast
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Things finally start moving again and I still can’t get a job. Looks like Radenso is getting skipped by me this year, whatever they manage to release, whenever they manage to do it.

SalmonSurprise

Just here for the food.
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hi, as long as you are subscribed to our Radenso Theia pre-order email list, you’ll be the first to know of any updates including when Theia pre-orders will begin, thank you!

Radenso Theia pre-order email list signup: https://radenso.com/products/radenso-theia
That’s funny Randy, because I’m subscribed and didn’t get any notification about those FPGAs becoming available. Maybe you should check and make sure your email blast is working. /s

Seriously, are you completely unwilling to entertain any questions regarding component shortages at all? I don’t understand why you are even responding if you are just going to be condescending to your own potential customers.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
That’s funny Randy, because I’m subscribed and didn’t get any notification about those FPGAs becoming available. Maybe you should check and make sure your email blast is working. /s

Seriously, are you completely unwilling to entertain any questions regarding component shortages at all? I don’t understand why you are even responding if you are just going to be condescending to your own potential customers.

While I understand your frustration, we're just not going to give a date no matter what anyone does to try to get us to do so. So yes - we are completely unwilling to entertain any question regarding dates, but not because we're being condescending - it's because we've told everyone a million times that the dates don't mean anything.

For example, Digikey and Mouser had some inventory slated as coming in in November of this year. Xilinx just cancelled those orders to give the FPGAs to companies that rely on them for existing product lines as opposed to selling them at retail pricing. All those retail customers who had backorders in through Digikey and Mouser? Sucks for them, their dates just got bumped eight months.

You haven't gotten a notification that the FPGAs are available because they haven't become available. We'll let you know when they do. You're just going to have to trust that there is nothing as a consumer that you can do to get better information than companies get that are directly set up with Xilinx that have six and seven figure POs submitted. Or don't trust us - it won't make a difference either way since there is nothing anybody can do to get parts right now.

Last edited:

SalmonSurprise

Just here for the food.
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
While I understand your frustration, we're just not going to give a date no matter what anyone does to try to get us to do so. So yes - we are completely unwilling to entertain any question regarding dates, but not because we're being condescending - it's because we've told everyone a million times that the dates don't mean anything.

For example, Digikey and Mouser had some inventory slated as coming in in November of this year. Xilinx just cancelled those orders to give the FPGAs to companies that rely on them for existing product lines as opposed to selling them at retail pricing. All those retail customers who had backorders in through Digikey and Mouser? Sucks for them, their dates just got bumped eight months.

You haven't gotten a notification that the FPGAs are available because they haven't become available. We'll let you know when they do. You're just going to have to trust that there is nothing as a consumer that you can do to get better information than companies get that are directly set up with Xilinx that have six and seven figure POs submitted. Or don't trust us - it won't make a difference either way since there is nothing anybody can do to get parts right now.
That is a perfectly acceptable answer; and informative as well. Also, it was not condescending! I would have been 100% satisfied with that answer in the first place. I appreciate you taking the few minutes to properly address my post, it shows that you actually care, which I assumed was the reason Radenso was on RDF in the first place.

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
That is a perfectly acceptable answer; and informative as well. Also, it was not condescending! I would have been 100% satisfied with that answer in the first place. I appreciate you taking the few minutes to properly address my post, it shows that you actually care, which I assumed was the reason Radenso was on RDF in the first place.

I wasn’t being condescending (it was a copy & paste answer), when we have zero information to update we can’t really give any updates. Can you picture being in our shoes where we have no idea when we will be able to sell a product we are asked about everyday and have thousands of people on a email list… and if we don’t give them a answer they don’t like (which is completely out of our hands) they get upset? We are being completely transparent when we say we are not giving out dates because we don’t know when the global parts shortage will be ending. It is honestly best to just search Google news and you’ll get more information than we have at this point.

Last edited:

SalmonSurprise

Just here for the food.
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I wasn’t being condescending (it was a copy & paste answer), when we have zero information to update we can’t really give any updates. Can you picture being in our shoes where we have no idea when we will be able to sell a product we are asked about everyday and have thousands of people on a email list… and if we don’t give them a answer they don’t like (which is completely out of our hands) they get upset? We are being completely transparent when we say we are not giving out dates because we don’t know when the global parts shortage will be ending. It is honestly best to just search Google news and you’ll get more information than we have at this point.
I did almost exactly that. I searched Google for the Xilinx chip you needed and actually found them with an ETA. I then asked on the forum (that’s what forums are for) if this information might coincide with Radenso finally getting their shipment of chips. Maybe save the copy pasta for the basic “when can I buy a Theia” noobs and give people who have a more answerable question the time of day. Seemed to work fine for Jon.

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I did almost exactly that. I searched Google for the Xilinx chip you needed and actually found them with an ETA. I then asked on the forum (that’s what forums are for) if this information might coincide with Radenso finally getting their shipment of chips. Maybe save the copy pasta for the basic “when can I buy a Theia” noobs and give people who have a more answerable question the time of day. Seemed to work fine for Jon.

But again as Jon said that isn’t our ETA. If you ask any questions about when Theia is going to be released, the answer hasn’t changed.

knight_man

I wanna go fast
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Lol Radenso, I think you're being trolled.
It is better to be considered a fool in silence than to have opened your mouth and left no doubt.

There are a good number of us that understand the scale of global pandemic, manufacturing, and materials and supply shorts. Everything is in short supply and prices are out of control.

RAI and Theia are a revolutionary idea for CM, and you are going to have some sceptics.

But let them look foolish, now and later. Don't drag yourself down to argue with fools, for they are better prepared.

efr

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
"Hi, as long as you are subscribed to our Radenso Theia pre-order email list, you’ll be the first to know of any updates including when Theia pre-orders will begin, thank you!"...as long as I have been on this 'list' I don't think I have ever heard one word form Radenso. Maybe better to not 'offer' this and set up false expectations that there will be any kind of communication.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
"Hi, as long as you are subscribed to our Radenso Theia pre-order email list, you’ll be the first to know of any updates including when Theia pre-orders will begin, thank you!"...as long as I have been on this 'list' I don't think I have ever heard one word form Radenso. Maybe better to not 'offer' this and set up false expectations that there will be any kind of communication.

There have been no updates on chip availability. If we sent communications every week saying "there is no update" people would report it as spam and we would get in trouble with our mail provider.

We will communicate when there is something to communicate. Currently, there is not.

Token

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

The web site you linked shows a delivery in late May of 2022, still 8 months out. Anything can happen between now and then.

Look at it from Radenso's point of view, they cannot be sure of any dates until the chips are in hand. Lets assume Radenso has been given an ETA of November of 2021, because they have been on the list for a year now. If Radenso says something as qualified as "our vendors chip ETA is November 2021, we should be in production shortly after that, shipping might start, in limited quantities, as early as December 2021, however none of that is guaranteed until the chips are actually in hand". Even with this statement of maybe, possibly, by that date, but no guarantees, if they failed to meet that date some people on these forums would howl and scream, accuse them of misleading people and lying about their product, stringing people along, while knowing that Theia will never work.

Don't say it would not happen, it already has.

Having viewed all of these threads I totally understand why Radenso refuses to give even the slightest hint of when they might start shipping Theia. Even if Radenso has a guaranteed date of delivery by their vendor, their best course of action at this time is to not say or hint at any date at all. Of course, that also will tick off some people, but what are they to do? They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

T!

hamoper

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
👍👍👍

Smirnoff

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Let's get this straight: we are now putting-up with "chip" trolls who claim to be Google search experts to twist the narrative to torpedo the manufacturer. . . ...nice, real.

200.gif

rahul1023

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
When you're ready to sell, I'll be ready to buy. I'm good with the v1g2 for now..

SalmonSurprise

Just here for the food.
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Let's get this straight: we are now putting-up with "chip" trolls who claim to be Google search experts to twist the narrative to torpedo the manufacturer. . . ...nice, real.

View attachment 189210
I think you‘re the one that’s twisted. You decided this thread couldn’t do without your made up story about multiple ”trolls” claiming to be “Google search experts” trying to twist “the narrative” to ruin Radenso. I’m just another excited consumer waiting for Radenso to release Theia so I can shove my thousand bucks in their lap. That apparently means I’m trying to “torpedo” their whole company by standing up for myself when I was offended by Randy. I feel as if maybe you are actually a delusional troll projecting a bit. Please just move along. I won’t be revisiting this thread to dignify your stance any further with another response.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agoose