Can I program an ooooldddd V1G1 somehow?

kiwical

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi there. I have an old V1. Last 3 digits of serial number put it in the v1.6 or maybe 1.7 era. This seems to mean I can't enter programming mode the usual way via the front control knob. Can I connect it via the bluetooth connection le dongle thing and program it that way? It is pretty useless to me in my country as I need to turn off K which is not used here and can give a lot of false alerts.

mikedotd

Arrow Enthusiast
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hi there. I have an old V1. Last 3 digits of serial number put it in the v1.6 or maybe 1.7 era. This seems to mean I can't enter programming mode the usual way via the front control knob. Can I connect it via the bluetooth connection le dongle thing and program it that way? It is pretty useless to me in my country as I need to turn off K which is not used here and can give a lot of false alerts.

Afraid not, the BT dongle requires ESP w/checksum, which your old V1 won't have (v1.85 hardware, v3.893 software).

kiwical

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Afraid not, the BT dongle requires ESP w/checksum, which your old V1 won't have (v1.85 hardware, v3.893 software).
Dammit. Thanks for the response. I will sell it I guess. Still seems to have more value that way than sending to valentine for a discount on a gen2

CJR238

RDF founding father
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Are you are pressing down on the knob while turning it on? That will be the only way to access programing mode.

Ether way its so old its going to suck on Ka band. lol

Last edited:

kiwical

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Are you are pressing down on the knob while turning it on? That will be the only way to access programing mode.

Ether way its so old its going to suck on Ka band. lol
Yes, I read that these really old ones didn't have an inbuilt programming mode. And that seems correct when I try to do it. It just flashes up a weird firmware number, does a self test then displays E when I try to go into programming mode.

CJR238

RDF founding father
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes, I read that these really old ones didn't have an inbuilt programming mode. And that seems correct when I try to do it. It just flashes up a weird firmware number, does a self test then displays E when I try to go into programming mode.

I doubt you have one of the very first V1's? But it sounds like you are accessing programing mode, its supposed to flash the firmware number (this would help us know 1.7/1.6). After that you can go through the different settings by pressing the knob.

I'm pretty sure the 1.7's had a programing mode. You might be getting an Error.

kiwical

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I doubt you have one of the very first V1's? But it sounds like you are accessing programing mode, its supposed to flash the firmware number (this would help us know 1.7/1.6). After that you can go through the different settings by pressing the knob.

I'm pretty sure the 1.7's had a programing mode. You might be getting an Error.
I think it must be 1.6 rather than 1.7 going by the serial number. Although it's the standard V1G1 form not thicker like I thought those very first ones were. Which seems strange. On the front display there is not that list down the side of K,Ka, laser etc. When I enter programming mode the firmware flash reads 01.36 the next press does a self test thing where every character lights up one by one. Next press after that displays E a couple of arrows flash and beeps. Last 4 digits on the serial reads 0335

CJR238

RDF founding father
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think it must be 1.6 rather than 1.7 going by the serial number. Although it's the standard V1G1 form not thicker like I thought those very first ones were. Which seems strange. On the front display there is not that list down the side of K,Ka, laser etc. When I enter programming mode the firmware flash reads 01.36 the next press does a self test thing where every character lights up one by one. Next press after that displays E a couple of arrows flash and beeps. Last 4 digits on the serial reads 0335

Wow sounds like you have one of the first ones. Does it even have laser?

The first models were smaller than the future generations.

Normsky

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Turn off KA Guard will help with Ka bands.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agoose