Where to place ALP and netradar on a BMW G80?

driggett

Learning to Fly
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
I just purchased a BMW 2022 M3 G80 xdrive compitition. I want to install 2+1 alp in the front and Netradar in the front and rear. I have enclosed photo of the front. I am thinking the top row or 2nd row of the grill but what do is the consensus here?
Thanks,
Chris
IMG_3180X.JPG

Quasimodal

In the Cloud
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I'd get the Rx as close to the headlights as possible and the Tx somewhere near the center. Do you have active grill shutters? If so, that will restrict your placement.

6thgear

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@Patton250 ? I know I saw your recent install posted, but its eluding me today…

driggett

Learning to Fly
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
I saw his video. Was wondering what others had thought. Concerned the rx was behind the silver grate.

Patton250

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I saw his video. Was wondering what others had thought. Concerned the rx was behind the silver grate.

The set up is 100% bulletproof against DET. Those that know me know how picky I am about these things and I always tell about PTs. The company that does these installs won’t stop until it’s perfect.

Post automatically merged:

I just purchased a BMW 2022 M3 G80 xdrive compitition. I want to install 2+1 alp in the front and Netradar in the front and rear. I have enclosed photo of the front. I am thinking the top row or 2nd row of the grill but what do is the consensus here?
Thanks,
Chris
View attachment 188802
I traded the RWD Brooklyn gray G80 for an AWD Sky scraper gray. Unfortunately I have to wait for it to be built and it hasn’t started yet. I hope to get it by Christmas. As I’m sure you know people are already reporting these things stock going 3.07 Sec 0-60 and 2.7 sec 0-60 134mph 10.2 seconds 1/4 mile with a JB4. This engine is a beast.

Last edited:

Bossdad71

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
it's been so long i can't remember what tom @BestRadarDetectors told me on the measurements.

seems like maybe 18 inches apart and above 18 from the ground??? darn im getting old, CRS

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agoose