Speed/RedlightRedlight cam issue

AnthonySzum

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I started using the app about a year ago and am still very new to CM so please pardon my ignorance.
It is my understanding that the app uses the waze server. However, I have noticed several occasions where I wasn't being alerted to speed and red-light cams that I passed or even in known locations, but do show up on the waze app. I do not run both simultaneously.

Am I doing something wrong?

ferius

More arrows please
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I started using the app about a year ago and am still very new to CM so please pardon my ignorance.
It is my understanding that the app uses the waze server. However, I have noticed several occasions where I wasn't being alerted to speed and red-light cams that I passed or even in known locations, but do show up on the waze app. I do not run both simultaneously.

Am I doing something wrong?
The application uses POI-factory as a default RL/Spd cameras database. Highway Radar doesn't use Waze for anything unless you explicitly point it there (like many people do for crowdsourced alerts).
You can try using @schuster's database at https://wzsabre.rocks/ - it is better.

Last edited:

AnthonySzum

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The application uses POI-factory as a default RL/Spd cameras database. Highway Radar doesn't use Waze for anything unless you explicitly point it there (like many people do for crowdsourced alerts).
You can try using @schuster's database at https://wzsabre.rocks/ - it is better.
I believe I have done that as I get crowd source alerts. Is there a reason only some cameras are not being reported while others are?
Post automatically merged:

Edit: I just added the ExCam link to the app for Custom and all appears to be fine now. If I had the waze plug-in installed, wouldn't it pick up all the cameras that Waze normally would?

Last edited:

ferius

More arrows please
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I believe I have done that as I get crowd source alerts. Is there a reason only some cameras are not being reported while others are?
Post automatically merged:

Edit: I just added the ExCam link to the app for Custom and all appears to be fine now. If I had the waze plug-in installed, wouldn't it pick up all the cameras that Waze normally would?
In Highway Radar "crowdsourced alerts" are police and hazard alerts only. Cameras aren't "crowdsourced alerts".

SABRE plugin and hostname only affect crowdsourced alerts, not cameras. Cameras alerts is a separate subsystem in HwR and doesn't have anything with SABRE plugins of server hostname.

AnthonySzum

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
In Highway Radar "crowdsourced alerts" are police and hazard alerts only. Cameras aren't "crowdsourced alerts".

SABRE plugin and hostname only affect crowdsourced alerts, not cameras. Cameras alerts is a separate subsystem in HwR and doesn't have anything with SABRE plugins of server hostname.
Awesome. Thank you for taking your time to explain this to me.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agoose