Galaxy Z Flip3

SS Voraus

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Greetings All -

I've been using JBV1 for 3 years and used the app on a Galaxy 7 and Pixel 3. Yesterday I migrated to the Galaxy Z Flip 3, using JBV1's backup/restore functions. I cannot get it to connect to my V1G1. Any suggestions?

TIA

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Greetings All -

I've been using JBV1 for 3 years and used the app on a Galaxy 7 and Pixel 3. Yesterday I migrated to the Galaxy Z Flip 3, using JBV1's backup/restore functions. I cannot get it to connect to my V1G1. Any suggestions?

TIA
Make sure all the essential permissions are enabled. Settings > Permissions.

SS Voraus

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Make sure all the essential permissions are enabled. Settings >
Yes, I had remembered that after migrating to the Pixel 3 a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, no change. BTW, I am on v2.9.17.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Greetings All -

TIA
You aren't trying to pair it are you?

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
What does the app report when it tries to connect?

SS Voraus

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I click "Connect", it acknowledges with, "Finding a VC1..." and after several moments states, "V1C not found".

SS Voraus

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Update:
I was finally able to connect the Z Flip 3 by pairing to the V1. Although it does not actually "connect" as a paired device in the phone's settings, the V1 must appear in the list of "Paired Devices", as opposed to the "Available Devices" list. Once done, you can go into JBV1 and "Connect" from the main menu.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Update:
I was finally able to connect the Z Flip 3 by pairing to the V1. Although it does not actually "connect" as a paired device in the phone's settings, the V1 must appear in the list of "Paired Devices", as opposed to the "Available Devices" list. Once done, you can go into JBV1 and "Connect" from the main menu.
You're using the old "Android" dongle. I incorrectly assumed you were using the newer "LE" dongle, which must not be paired. Anyway, glad you got it working!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agoose