21 Ridgeline setup

C Nunya

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Looking for ideal spots where the 3 heads won’t get in the way of the tailgate function too much since it swings and folds down.
9AFAEF54-34DB-493D-B8AE-0CE360F877CC.jpeg

Tech10002

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
What kind of jammer, ALP? TMG? If ALP, are you running 2 RX 1 TX or. 3 RX? I put my ALP RX between the tailgate and top of the bumper near the license plate cutout and the TX directly over the plate and centered. You can just 3M tape the TX bracket directly to the back of the plate.

Don’t be stupid like me. Check your available clearance between your bumper and tailgate first. It looks like you have a ton with it closed, but once I open my tailgate on my 2019 F250, that 2” plus of clearance becomes maybe 3/4”. I used a 3D printed mount at first, and my tailgate rubbed my RX sensors. I had to remount mine with a much slimmer mount.

C Nunya

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
What kind of jammer, ALP? TMG? If ALP, are you running 2 RX 1 TX or. 3 RX? I put my ALP RX between the tailgate and top of the bumper near the license plate cutout and the TX directly over the plate and centered. You can just 3M tape the TX bracket directly to the back of the plate.

Don’t be stupid like me. Check your available clearance between your bumper and tailgate first. It looks like you have a ton with it closed, but once I open my tailgate on my 2019 F250, that 2” plus of clearance becomes maybe 3/4”. I used a 3D printed mount at first, and my tailgate rubbed my RX sensors. I had to remount mine with a much slimmer mount.
Thanks for the response. I’ll be using 2x Rx and 1tx front and rear with an ALP system. Looking to print some mounts for the rear like you said. Here’s my proposed locations.
54BE85D1-DA1E-4A6E-A0B1-85BDE291C2AA.jpeg
8A8F01D6-8F68-42DA-8597-7F487C0398CC.jpeg

Tech10002

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I’m far from an expert, but I just finished one truck install and tested against DET and in the process of finishing the wife’s truck now. From my experience and advice from people that know a lot more than I do, you might want to move your front RX sensors a little more inboard, but they’ll probably be okay there. Height looks good. Front TX, I’d go above the logo if you can.

Same with rear RX. I might move them closer to the plate cutout. TX I would mount above plate. Your high location would probably be okay, but the constant flexing of the cable every time you open the tailgate isn’t ideal if you don’t have to. I do know a lot about cable stress failures. I’m constantly repairing/replacing cables on test equipment I work on for a living. Plus if you have to go dual TX to prevent punch throughs on DET, you can spread them out a little across the plate, and all you have to do to level it is bend the bracket a little.

TominVirginia

Learning to Fly
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
I don't have an ALP system or but I see photos posted by members here of 3-D printed license plate surrounds with integrated pockets to hold the heads. That might work and be out of the way of the tailgate and be a little better protected since its a bed of a truck. Guessing you will be loading things in and out of it.

Holla

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Bring those 2 rear sensors closer together--unless you are getting a 3rd for the center?

Tech10002

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Bring those 2 rear sensors closer together--unless you are getting a 3rd for the center?
He has 2 RX and one TX for rear, but based on my results on my truck, I think you’re right. The RXs need to come inboard a few inches.

C Nunya

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I will def try it out with the rx sensors closer together in the rear and with the center tx in line. I will also move the front tx to above the H emblem, and maybe the front rx sensors one grill slat lower and therefore closer together.

Tech10002

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I will def try it out with the rx sensors closer together in the rear and with the center tx in line. I will also move the front tx to above the H emblem, and maybe the front rx sensors one grill slat lower and therefore closer together.
It can be really confusing because the instructions say the sensor is effective in a 24” radius, but if you’re running a TX, that changes things. I originally thought mine needed to be more outboard to cover the headlights, but I was told different by multiple members. When I was tested against a VPR Dragoneye, I was initially getting punch throughs on the headlights. Going dual TX fixed this totally for me. I didn’t mess with the RX position at all. You want the RX sensors where they’ll pick up the beam from the gun regardless of where you’re shot. If you have only 2 RX sensors, like you have to do if you have a TX, you have to be careful not to put them too outboard or your ALP might never get the trigger to fire back on low center mass shots like the lower bumper. The TX is a beast at firing back. I’m not sure the laser diodes in the RX even matter much if you have a TX. I’m currently in the process of getting some guns myself and plan on doing some experimenting with the RX positioning to see how much difference it makes when you have a TX.

Also, don’t get too fancy with mounting at first. Just use double sided tape or Sugru so you can play with positions if you have to. I have to rip the grill back off my wife’s truck because I didnt do this. I installed her system first but tested mine first, and her grill is 10 times harder to take off than mine. Doh.

Last edited:

C Nunya

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Ok so here’s what I have so far in the front. Move the rx inboard a bit and the tx is about 4.5” above and centered. The rear however isn’t as simple. The closest I can get them and keep them “hidden” above the bumper is about 30-32” apart (green dots). If I put them in a more conspicuous spot they will be 24” apart but fairly obvious (yellow dots). Can I flush mount them here instead of surface mounting?
6EE075CB-B1AC-4272-93AB-22D11D8C420E.jpeg

73978BF4-4533-406C-A2A2-D4A17244AA91.jpeg

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agoose