Anything wrong with the V1G2 ?

biolink

Corgi Lovers
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Does anyone know if MV is working on an MRCD function to this detector? That for me is what is holding me back. I like that they finally are RDD immune and also the arrows are king IMO.
I'm curious what "MRCD function" would be on the V1. The way the unit is set up currently, identifying MRCD would need to be a unique tone. If you were to use V1 Connection or JBV1, for example, V1 could feed alert details to your phone. What would this function look like for you?

DifferentialT

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I think the 2nd generation V1 is a fine detector with accurate direction of threat arrows. My only complaint is it just beeps and tweets and such. No talk. I like my R7 because it talks to me. I get lonely. :violin:

spinner55

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think the 2nd generation V1 is a fine detector with accurate direction of threat arrows. My only complaint is it just beeps and tweets and such. No talk. I like my R7 because it talks to me. I get lonely. :violin:
Mine talks to me when using JBV1.... which i like since it drives the 'boss' a bit crazy at times.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Mine talks to me when using JBV1.... which i like since it drives the 'boss' a bit crazy at times.
Not to mention a killer screen that makes all of my other detectors screens look just what they are, tiny! After all, my whole phone is my screen and it looks incredible! I've taken it even further by adding a Bose bluetooth speaker so my G2 can really get my attention, even when slamming gears in the Boss 302!

Noddy

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've no personal experience, but all seems so good from what I hear, that I may get one sooner than you think!

No point whatsoever keeping your G1, unless for wife or other car. You would be much better contacting Valentine and asking if you still qualify for the up-grade and get $100 off.

This V1G2 has been properly and thoroughly tested and reviewed for all its functions, has been tried and tested by many members here and despite the inevitable teething issues with any new detector, which now seem to be well sorted; along with the Uniden r7 is probably the best detector on the market.
Post automatically merged:

I use my sat nav when feeling lonely and vulnerable!

Last edited:

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
I am also a member of the “March 2020” club. No issues for me; installed all firmware updates. Love it. It’s hot on Ka 35.5 which is predominantly in my area. I do use Ka custom frequencies to reduce Ka falses (this is done in the Valentine app). There are differing opinions on custom frequencies but I don’t run Ka superwideband like we did in the 1990s.

danpass

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The unit has come and I installed it next day, swapping out the g1 from the blend mount on the mirror.

It booted up in big L and I’ve left it there so far.

Much quieter on K band around town. I’ve been on only a couple of brief highway hops so I can’t speak to that environment as yet re: chattiness from blind spot monitors and auto cruise but the g1 was pretty good on that front. I imagine the g2 will demonstrate itself to be as good and better.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

bluehemi

4 more years 🤣
Advanced User
Reaction score
I like the unit I have but absolutely hate the mount it comes with , purchased Oct 2020

fishing66

Lord of the Pies
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
I like the unit I have but absolutely hate the mount it comes with
I have only had the G2 for a few days now but agree, the mount is cumbersome. The best detector mount I came across was the Redline EX which was bootstrapped onto the Redline 360. Alas, the Redline EX produced screaming IO alerts to BSMs and no combination of settings would quiet it down. I sold it at a fire-sale price and it has since disappeared from their website.

There are some aftermarket V1 mounts that look interesting particularly when paired with 3M Dual Lock. Might give one a try.

Burkeomatic

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I have only had the G2 for a few days now but agree, the mount is cumbersome. The best detector mount I came across was the Redline EX which was bootstrapped onto the Redline 360. Alas, the Redline EX produced screaming IO alerts to BSMs and no combination of settings would quiet it down. I sold it at a fire-sale price and it has since disappeared from their website.

There are some aftermarket V1 mounts that look interesting particularly when paired with 3M Dual Lock. Might give one a try.
I thought about fabricating a metal bracket extending from my sunvisor mount and centering/dropping it to where I want it to be, then binding the sunvisor mount to that with rivets, bolts, JB weld, etc. I don't find the mount too bad, but really it is the only RD I have used in the past decade, so I suppose I am used to it.

Noddy

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
In light of new developments, do we still reckon the G2 will hold its place as an advanced detector until 2025 as suggested by Michael Valentine? Can firmware updates enable it to keep pace with opposition?

AJinNJ

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
In light of new developments, do we still reckon the G2 will hold its place as an advanced detector until 2025 as suggested by Michael Valentine? Can firmware updates enable it to keep pace with opposition?
This is really "bait", and likely to start a mini-conflict, but I'll say that it is currently at-or-ahead of all opposition - especially when paired with JBV1. As Bloovy said, the man, himself, has said they have room to continue advancements with the hardware and given the ease of updates so far, I am beyond content with running it every day.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
What developments are they? Gen 2 is at the top with R7, RL etc. And, none of them have fully functional JBV1.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
What developments are they? Gen 2 is at the top with R7, RL etc. And, none of them have fully functional JBV1.
I have to admit it! There are 3 other detectors that I have tested since March of 2020 that could hang with my G2 on 33.8, 34.7, and 35.5, problem is they are @VariableWave 's G2, @Brainstorm69 's G2 and now my new G2!

Noddy

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
This is really "bait", and likely to start a mini-conflict, but I'll say that it is currently at-or-ahead of all opposition - especially when paired with JBV1. As Bloovy said, the man, himself, has said they have room to continue advancements with the hardware and given the ease of updates so far, I am beyond content with running it every day.
Not intended as bait, a genuine request from a prospective V1G2 buyer.:confused:

None actually!
But horn technology seems to be advancing and some newer detectors are claiming excellent sensitivity without an LNA; eg the new Neoline X-Cop 9300.
I would expect the situation to be different a year or two from now!

I have to admit it! There are 3 other detectors that I have tested since March of 2020 that could hang with my G2 on 33.8, 34.7, and 35.5, problem is they are @VariableWave 's G2, @Brainstorm69 's G2 and now my new G2!
Looking at your other detectors, it must be a close call!!:)
My R7 might be up there too!

Last edited:

mikedotd

Arrow Enthusiast
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Edit - not feeding the trolls.

Last edited:

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
It's not necessarily that anyone meant this question as bait directly, but that questions like this that imply one brand is falling behind another tend to stir up discussions. :worms:
Sorry, let me emphasize,... "discussions".

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agoose