SquirrelMaster

Likes Unicorns 🦄
ModSec
Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I just want to point out that a lot of the ones hoping to create doubt are mostly the same ones that did the same thing when the R360c, R3 and R7 came out. Why not just be happy we have more choices of top tier detectors? There's several here that own all of the top tier detectors. Like the early testers, their feedback is invaluable to all of us.
Let's be honest. Anyone that's been hear for a while has read or said "They need to get one to Vortex" whenever a new detector, regardless of brand, comes out. Yet, when that happens, the smear campaign starts. It's senseless and unnecessary. Our testers aren't trained monkeys that get programmed on how to test, or what to say. We're blessed to be able to see what these detectors show early on.
Funny how it's always the same group..

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

RadarScout

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Funny how it's always the same group..
I know. They know. It's really sad, honestly. I wish people would learn the spotlight is big enough for everyone.

rwsmith123

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I can always understand and appreciate healthy skepticism and even doubters. In this case, though, there’s an unprecedented outpouring of vocal anger and naked suspicion when it makes the least sense. The DS1 is a minor evolution in range over its well-known and widely tested R3 platform mate, performing at about the level as you’d expect from current top tier detectors. It comes from a company or detector enthusiasts themselves with a history of almost painful levels of transparency where feasible, previewed by one of the most well respected members of the community with a very long history of trustworthiness.

The only controversy is what’s changed over the last 4 years to create such a nasty climate of vitriol and vague suspicions of nebulous conspiracies, all based on nothing reasonable.

Exactly! I can’t even imagine the shit storm to come when Radenso releases test numbers for Theia when the time comes and the poor soul that gets to test it pre-pre-orders!

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Vortex is not PAID anything by mfg's for testing/reviews. He does get money from affiliate linkage (referred sales) and misc YouTube advertising. The only thing he's "selling" (not out) is his integrity and reputation. :ughh:
I didn't say he was, but he does make money from detector sales. Right?

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I envision a clown car at the circus….. with the same usual suspects falling out of the doors.
Lol the best part is seeing them so conflicted:

"The R4 lost to the DS1 on 2 bands, but beat it on 1.....if we highlight the band that it beat it on, we can try to make Radenso look bad!"

"But guys....if we highlight that, we're legitimizing Vortex's test results where both the R4 and the DS1 crunched the V1..."

200.gif

Last edited:

oldcelt

lurking in the tall grass
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I didn't say he was, but he does make money from detector sales. Right?
And he does so with complete TRANSPARENCY. Intentionally or not your post implies a hidden financial arrangement, which is offensive, no matter how you want to spin it now. Classic passive/aggressive

Last edited:

cihkal

🕊
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
And he does so with complete TRANSPARENCY. Intentionally or not your post implies a hidden financial arrangement, which is offensive, no matter how you want to spin it now.
Too many people are offended these days lol. That word has been terribly inflated all around!

oldcelt

lurking in the tall grass
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Too many people are offended these days lol. That word has been terribly inflated all around!
Why am I not surprised that you would take that position

cihkal

🕊
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Why am I not surprised that you would take that position
Because I'm out for all to see instead of "lurking in the tall grass"...

🇺🇸🦁🇺🇸
Post automatically merged:

"The R4 lost to the DS1 on 2 bands, but beat it on 1.....if we highlight the band that it beat it on, we can try to make Radenso look bad!"

"But guys....if we highlight that, we're legitimizing Vortex's test results where both the R4 and the DS1 crunched the V1..."

View attachment 188320
You must love the V1, been on your radar since March of 2020! Remember spec warring it for a while w/ Theia? 🤣

I know one things for sure, I'll drive that clown car with a V1G2 and hardware savvy.. no questions asked! Rides are for free for anyone that wants to join 🤡👌

Anyway, the DS1 is really nice as I've said elsewhere, wish it had a LNA though. Still a strong performer, even in Rag's testing with your default settings!!

Last edited:

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score
Because I'm out for all to see instead of "lurking in the tall grass"...

🇺🇸🦁🇺🇸
Post automatically merged:

You must love the V1, been on your radar since March of 2020! Remember spec warring it for a while w/ Theia? 🤣

I know one things for sure, I'll drive that clown car with a V1G2 and hardware savvy.. no questions asked! Rides are for free for anyone that wants to join 🤡👌

Anyway, the DS1 is really nice as I've said elsewhere, wish it had a LNA though. Still a strong performer, even in Rag's testing with your default settings!!
And just think... with Ka filter turned off, it performs as good or better than a detector that's nearly twice the price, has a usable city type mode (I can't stress enough how big of a deal that alone is), has a screen with more potential, more reasonable ramp up (still isn't perfect though) and more flexibility when it comes to mounting. I can't wait to see how they develop this platform.

I am tempted to get my wife to try it out and see what she thinks.

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

View attachment 188320
Jon, it's apparent that our society has mysteriously become afflicted with a contagious mental illness which causes many to believe that any time they don't get the results they want from life it can only be due to the fraudulent behavior of others. Inconvenient facts merely prove the extent of the fraud. Even those we used to trust are now suspect. Just to be safe 🤨

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
And he does so with complete TRANSPARENCY. Intentionally or not your post implies a hidden financial arrangement, which is offensive, no matter how you want to spin it now. Classic passive/aggressive
No, it does not.

woopies

Lurking
Intermediate User
Reaction score
That's easy, I called current detectors archaic pieces of shit (a statement I stand by). People get hurt in the feels real easy around here.

Could you refresh my memory as to why you believe this?

solort

Learning to Fly
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Jon, it's apparent that our society has mysteriously become afflicted with a contagious mental illness which causes many to believe that any time they don't get the results they want from life it can only be due to the fraudulent behavior of others. Inconvenient facts merely prove the extent of the fraud. Even those we used to trust are now suspect. Just to be safe 🤨
Maybe if everyone received a participation trophy with every radar purchase, they would feel complete....

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agoose