Pushing sweeps on the V1Gen1

MajorEvent

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Greetings!

Hate to beat a dead horse but the Custom Frequencies error message and the lack of the sweep file name being shown in JBV1 with the profile name combined with KA falsing in frequencies that aren't in the sweep file make me think the Sweeps aren't being pushed. On the other hand, the lack of an Unknown entry showing up in the custom Sweeps list makes me think that maybe it is being pushed.

I understand that the Custom Frequencies are a feature of the v1Gen2 so I'm not asking about turning that on.

From another thread:
Pushing custom sweeps doesn't enable Custom Frequencies. V1 is more than happy to take new sweeps even when CF is disabled, so the voice warning is there to alert you when the sweeps you just pushed are not actually being used.
Now I'm really confused. If the V1 accepted the sweeps then what do you mean they aren't being used? Not used by JBV1? Can you please elaborate on this a bit and open my eyes?

Here's some more details about my problem:

My sweeps I'm pushing: 02 (33.7-33.9), 04 (34.191-34.586), 5A (34.587-34.770), 5B (34.774-34.802), 06 (34.803-35.162), 08 (35.379-35.612)

Ka Falsing from the log:
33.399, 33.393, 33.477, 33.403, 33.400, 33.386, 33.475,33.468, 33.390, 33.472
All outside the sweeps I pushed. I never got Ka falses like this before switching to JBV1 so I guess I'm not setting it up right.

I see the V1G1 profile file name at the bottom of JBV1 alert map so I know that was pushed okay but the sweep file name isn't there.

What do I need to do to get this working so I stop the falsing?

MajorEvent

barry

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Not sure this will help, but if I recall correctly the V1G1 always runs the 33.8 Ka band no matter what you do with Custom Sweeps. Unfortunately, I don't know how wide the 33.8 scan is in the V1G1. I guess it's possible it dips down into the 33.400 region. Using Boxes may be a better approach to avoiding your 33.400 region falses.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Like V1G2, you can push sweeps to V1G1 even when they won't be used. If you're in USA mode, V1G1 will happily accept the sweeps, but it won't use them until you switch to Euro mode. Similarly, JBV1 won't show the sweeps file name in USA mode, because custom sweeps are disabled in USA mode on a V1G1.

Quasimodal

In the Cloud
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Don't you have to also push the K-band sweep in order for them to work?

MajorEvent

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
until you switch to Euro mode
'Doh!' As Homer Simpson would say. Slapping forehead, I knew there was a reason the profile imported from the V1 was originally in Euro. Thanks.

I have to disagree that the V1 accepted the sweeps in USA mode. I switched to YAV1 briefly and it created a sweep from the V1G1 that was the same as the Unknown sweep created from the V1 by JBV1 when I first started it up. The above referenced sweeps didn't push until after I switched to Euro mode then the file name showed up at the bottom of the alert map as expected and there was no obscure message about custom frequencies when I pushed.

A question about the boxes. I was looking at Settings/Boxes/Ka Band boxes (for example). Initially the Frequency range was 'not set' and there's a frequency range shown in orange identified variably as Ka high, mid, low, wide and wide for boxes 1 thru 5. Selecting the frequency range for the first three (high, mid, low) are prefilled with 35.5, 34.7 and 33.8 frequencies. What are the frequencies in orange associated with each box? Are those defaults if no frequency is set? I note the Ka wide encompasses the range where I'm getting a lot of falses. I expect I can use box 5 to notch out the falsing frequency range with an ITB mute if box 4 is defaulting to the Ka Wide shown in orange. But it seems counter productive to set boxes and have a default wide that alerts everything.

TIA for straightening out my misconceptions and careless errors.
MajorEvent.

BaileyAB

Whats PSL? Autobahn bro, A.U.T.O.B.A.H.N.!!!!!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
My sweeps:
Sweep 1: 34.578 - 34.770 (34.7)
Sweep 2: 34.774 - 34.833 (34.7)
Sweep 3: 35.364 - 35.630 (35.5)
Sweep 4: 34.623 - 34.770 (34.7 narrow)
Sweep 5: 35.423 - 35.571 (35.5 narrow)
Sweep 6: 34.623 - 34.770 (34.7 narrow)

Running it since 2016, always over PSL + 20-30mph. No pull overs.
Alberta, Canada.

cheers

MajorEvent

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Boxes may be a better approach to avoiding your 33.400 region falses.
Boxes were ON but not set up initially. I played with the boxes and figured out that the orange ranges shown are actually high and low limits of what can be entered in to that boxes frequency range. Might display the range in orange like this to make it more intuitive:
Lower Limit < Box# < Upper Limit (Description)
i.e., 35.101 < Box1 < 36.000 (Ka High)
I now have the sweeps pushed and the boxes set so I'll have to make a test run and see if it's working as expected.
No pull overs.
That's a good record! I've not been pulled over since getting my V1G1 some years ago. I upgraded it a few years back because of the new vehicles collision avoidance radar causing a lot of falsing and I just ordered a V1G2 that's currently on back order expected to ship by Monday. I'll keep my old V1G1 in another vehicle. I was previously using the YAV1 app but the lack of active development caused me to try out JBV1 which I'm trying to figure out. The app is great, the documentation not so much. Hopefully, this thread will clear up that V1G1 needs to be in EURO mode to be able to push and use the custom sweeps and the Custom Frequencies warning is erroneous (maybe add a short addition to the error message to make it clear for us V1Gen1 users? i.e. V1Gen1 requires EURO mode)

Thanks for the help and feedback. I'll be testing soon and, hopefully, things are working as I expect them too and I'm done with the Ka band falsing.

MajorEvent

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I have to disagree that the V1 accepted the sweeps in USA mode. I switched to YAV1 briefly and it created a sweep from the V1G1 that was the same as the Unknown sweep created from the V1 by JBV1 when I first started it up. The above referenced sweeps didn't push until after I switched to Euro mode then the file name showed up at the bottom of the alert map as expected and there was no obscure message about custom frequencies when I pushed.

I just confirmed my recollection. V1G1 accepts sweeps in USA mode. It just won't use them until you enable Euro mode.

A question about the boxes. I was looking at Settings/Boxes/Ka Band boxes (for example). Initially the Frequency range was 'not set' and there's a frequency range shown in orange identified variably as Ka high, mid, low, wide and wide for boxes 1 thru 5. Selecting the frequency range for the first three (high, mid, low) are prefilled with 35.5, 34.7 and 33.8 frequencies. What are the frequencies in orange associated with each box? Are those defaults if no frequency is set? I note the Ka wide encompasses the range where I'm getting a lot of falses. I expect I can use box 5 to notch out the falsing frequency range with an ITB mute if box 4 is defaulting to the Ka Wide shown in orange. But it seems counter productive to set boxes and have a default wide that alerts everything.
The frequencies shown in the orange section headers are the allowed ranges for the respective boxes.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NZdrivepro